lessons in love pt 20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
In the end it had not been so hard to walk out on Gareth, And he seemed to accept it nochantly, she had the feeling he wouldn't be shedding many tears for her absence.

It had been strange in all the time they had been married, that morning had been their first real honest conversation with each other
Knowing Bono was going to be there had helped her behave more assertively, she just wished she had done it years ago it would have saved her a lot of heartache.

She had been on an adrenalin rush after her confrontation with Gareth with a sense of liberation now she had broken free.

But as she approached the address of the hotel where Bono was staying, it had started to dawn on her weightily that she was practically throwing herself on him, even though he had been the one to contact her first and encouraged her to come to him, landing on him now unexpectantly.. she wasn't sure what he would think or how he would react.

She wasn't sure how long she sat in the hotel carpark biting nervously on her nails wondering how she was going to approach Bono
but finally she realised she couldnt sit in her car forever and plucked up the nerve to go into the hotel.

The receptionist at the desk give her an odd look, but recognised who she was, she had learned many years in her job never to question guests motives so when Antonia mentioned she was here to see Bono, she got in touch with his personal security to let them know. much to Antonia's relief Bono had already had a word with his secuirty that if she came, that she was to be allowed up to his room straight away. Her heart in her mouth she follwed the direction thereceptionist give her to find Bono's room...

Bono was fast asleep in the bed when he heard the knocking on the door, he had trouble waking up as he had just fallen asleep two hours before after tossing and turning all night wondering if he would ever hear from Antonia again if she had understood what he had been trying to tell her. but then in the early hours of the morning he had finally drifted of to sleep,

He was still a little dozy as he reluctantly rose from the bed, just dressed in his jeans to answer the door, wondering who it was.

His eyes widened at the sight that met his eyes, Antonia still dressed in the gown she had attended the charity bash in, only looking a lot more dishevelled, her hazel eyes staring at him uncertainly. and a nervous smile on her lips.

"Toni, are you alright?, What happened?" he asked anxiously.

"I-I've done it Bono.. I've left Gareth" she told him

Bono just stared at her moment, wondering was he dreaming, and considered pinching himself, but if it was a dream he did not want to wake up.

"Come in" he finally spoke up standing aside and ushered her into the room, still feeling a little dazed, and trying to shake of the last dregs of sleep as he became aware something signifigant was actually happening

"I thought about all you said last night, and then I confronted Gareth this morning.. and before I realised what I was doing I was packing my case telling him I was leaving..then I came here.. I hope it is ok" Antonia then babbled anxiously.

"Ok" Bono echoed as it started to sink in she was really standing there "Of course its ok.. in fact its better than ok... its bloody brilliant" he exclaimed as he closed the door

Antonia giggled a little nervously, she had been so worried coming here to him, even though it was what he claimed he wanted, she thought he might change his mind, but the delight in his blue eyes now, put her at ease a little.

"I still can't believe it myself... I mean have never done anything like this before... look at me I am such a mess and I can't stop shaking I---"

She never got any further as Bono pulled her into his arms and silenced her as his lips claimed hers, in a hungry demanding kiss, something he had been wanting to do for a long time, but only now dared,

She had stood there before him looking so sweet, l nervous and excited at the same time and he just needed to hold her for reassurance.. it was a better way of realising it wasn't a dream than pinching himself.

He was more than delighted to come to the realisation she was very much there with him then.. warm flesh and bone, in his arms where she belonged.

Getting over the initial startlement of his lips on hers, Antonia let herself melt against him, her hands tentively resting against his chest the feel of his smooth muscular flesh warm underneath her palms.

There had been nights she had allowed herself to fantasized about kissing him having him hold her, wondering what it would feel like.

Now it was reality, and she found herself having the luxury of tasting the feel of his mouth against hers, exploring, caressing more tenderly now, that turned her body to liquid, and she felt it shudder in response in the wave of desire that washed over her and her fingers dug into his bare shoulders as she felt herself drown in the sensation, up until now totally unaware she could feel this way

He dragged his mouth away from hers, his blue eyes scanning her face with concern, "Are you ok?.. I am sorry jumping on you like that" he apologised with a small sheepish smile, "its just I have wanted to do that for so long.. and when you turned up here I kindda lost control in the excitment of it all"

"Its ok," Antonia assured him a little breathlessly, "I think I wanted it just as much as you.but. I guess I am out of practise a bit, its just that it's been a long time from I-- well y'know" she finished, her face flushed bright red and she lowered her eyes not wanting him to see her embarrasment.

But he seemed to understand and just crushed her close to him in a hug, she happily let her head rest against his bare chest closing her eyes lost in the warmth and male scent of him and the feel of his arms around her safe and secure.

"All that matters is that you are here" Bono then told her kissing the top of her head

She let out a long sigh her highly emotional state finding some calm as she felt his hands stroking her arm soothingly, "We are doing the right thing Bono aren't we? I mean it feels right, but goodness only knows what the future will bring, thats what scares me a little" she confessed.

"We will worry about the future when it happens" Bono replied squeezing her tighter to him, "Lets just enjoy the present for now"
she pushed her head back to smile up at him "That sounds like a plan"

"Yeah I think we will stick to it" Bono grinned lowering his head and planting a brief kiss on her lips

She snuggled into him further for protection as she suddenly realised, it was not all over yet .. she had faced up to Gareth and succeeded.

But she was yet to face her father and she got the distinct feeling that was not going to be so easy.....

Girls it might be a while before I can continue this story my mum is seriously ill with a lung infection in hospital.. it is still touch and go if she will pull through .....your thoughts and prayers would be welcome:( :hug:

annj :hug:
Don't worry about the story. I hope your mum will be OK. I know what you're going through. :hug:

thanks for all your well wishes.. was up at the hospital today and things are looking a little more hopeful, though its going to be a while before she gets out of hospital and fully recovers:hug:

she is making slow but steady progress

I will just be glad when she can come of the ventilator, but that could be a few days yet.. dr says it depends how she is doing and if she can cope with breathing on her own, but at least she is waking up from the sedation and becoming more alert:)

Glad to hear that she's coming along. Hang in there, sending pozzie vibes your way.

thanks brightestStar I have been occupied looking after my dad he is in a wheelchair because he took several strokes over the years and needs someone with him while my mum is in hospital,

when I get the odd hour to myself always come to pleba to check out how things are:hug:

It sounds like you have a lot to deal with. I have been wondering how you've been doing. Just keep hanging in there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom