"Leave us alone, we are in love!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hanover said:
Fans.. more like fanatics....this is absolutely crazy...i read this thread from start to finish...it's gotta stop..someone hold out an olive branch. I am of the opinion and I've already stated it in a respons to wild_honey that all U2 fans have a right to go to H.Q. or any other place where the possibility of meeting a band member exists....these are public places...and it's only natural when in the capital that fans, especially those that travel obscene distances shouldbe afforded that opportunity. I've met Bono there once and of course Larry and The Edge...I don't travel back at every opportunity nor do i haunt the place...yes, I had good reason to go there to begin with, both times were when i had something to present..they were not selfish or obsesive reasons and I just think that certain people need to mature a little and not highlight every little detail...sometimes the less the said the better. I'm not at all impressed by these latest events.

I never had any problem with fans being at HQ!!!! I never said I had. I only wish some people wouldn't loose all their brains and respect for other people (fans & U2) when being there.
I don't really get why it's necessary to push Adam against the wall to get a pic or an autograph from him nor do I realize why someone scratches my arm only because I stand in her way when taking a pic with Bono.

Last edited:
I just can't get how people can act like that! I know some people travel long distances to see the boys and might get nervous whenever they are around them, but pushing Adam against the wall? Throwing yourself inside Larry's car? WTF????????

Em, Su...I'm sorry this woman ruined your chance to talk to Larry. He seemed in a pretty good mood until that happened and it was very nice of him to stop to talk to you guys. I hope you get the chance to meet him soon. :hug: :yes:

Hanover said:
I don't travel back at every opportunity nor do i haunt the place...yes, I had good reason to go there to begin with, both times were when i had something to present..they were not selfish or obsesive reasons and I just think that certain people need to mature a little and not highlight every little detail...sometimes the less the said the better. I'm not at all impressed by these latest events.

what does that mean?? :shifty: declan, did i do something wrong? :eyebrow:

hmm I avoided this but, if the band had a problem with any of the fans they can handle it they are big boys who I am sure are perfectly aware of many of teh people motives.. if they were not okay with it they wouldnt take part in talking to the people they do.. Fans are as diverse as everyone else and people are gonna argue , point fingers and lay blame , get hurt feelings etc.. etc.. unfortuantely that happens , it's not any of our jobs to control fans or say what they should or should not do..

To each there own and as long as no one crosses the line then let them do what they want to do, they will anyways.. and in the end if the band or management has a real problem with that they will step in.. if you are respectful and responsable then whats the problem.

you're right kate :yes: but it is just really painful to see them like that... i mean, against a wall, or paniqued, or unhappy or just treated like a beast... well, anyway, :rolleyes: that's none of my business :huh:

thanx bonomofo for the :heart: i send you mine!! :sexywink:

it's not nice to see that happen at all your right, no one should be treated like that , it's nice that you are concerened for their safety and happiness .. but you know if fans are like that there is no getting through to them becasue they just dont get it.. and thats too bad for them, treat people with repsect and most of the time you get the same in return.. You just cant away from people that act like that they are all over the place.. the more attention you give them the more they continue.. just dont let them get to you.. it's not worth it and they win.. Being a celebrity does not make you immune to having to deal with crap people..

miss-U2 said:

what does that mean?? :shifty: declan, did i do something wrong? :eyebrow:

I think he just means that he doesn't like what those people did. I am sure that people have been coming to there studios for months and they have had stuff like this happen before. Its probably why Larry doesn't come outside!

Distance doesnt come into it!!!
It doesnt matter how far anyone has travelled, no one forced anyone to go, thats complete rubbish that people who travel farthest should have more of a chance to meet the band. Likewise it doesnt matter if you go once or fifty times a year we are all fans nothing more nothing less.

You just need to be grateful that you didnt have to witness some or all of these events.

Kate.. you are well off the mark with part of your comments, in view of what has been happening over the last 2/3 weeks the security team at Principle are reviewing the whole set up, not the band its being taken out of their control.
We were sat in Dockers telling Martin totally unaware that the head of U2 security was in the bar, and he was listening to everything we said.
They are watching people who are there ALL the time and by that I mean every day/night the band are in the studios.

To be quite honest after the nastiness we had to put up with from individuals who were supposed to be there for the same reason it made me ashamed to say that I was a U2 fan and I have never felt like that in 24 years.

Sad but true I'm afraid.

But I will not let it spoil a very special meeting with Bono and Edge, or the kindness shown to us all by Adam.

:hug:

Hey Bono's Tart .. glad to hear they are watching .. I did say if the band or the management had a problem with it, and who's to say the band arent the ones who asked the security to be out keeping an eye on things.. that is what I meant by my remarks that if management etc feel it's a bad sitauation they will take action I am sure..

given you have been there and I have not I trust what you say and i am glad to know security have a handle on things..

it sucks that al that happened but I am glad it did not spoil your trip..glad you had a good time and you handled it well

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Em, if you say something like that again I swear I'll kick your arse when I get back to Dublin in September! :lol:

Don't be silly! You are going to stop seeing them just because somebody is very very selfish and tries to stir up trouble among us? Pish! Don't even listen to them! Just say: Oh really? So you think I'm a total bitch? Think whatever you want! I know I'm not so I'm not even gonna bother arguing with you! *smile*

Everybody around here knows how sweet and funny and nice you are! You have done loads of cool things for lots of people in here and we are very thankful for that! :yes: :D

:yes:

We :heart: you Emilie :hug: :wave:

Thanks to everyone for their pics and reports :bow: Sorry to hear about the bad things that happened :sad:, but like Bono's Tart said, don't let it ruin your moments :hug:

Last edited:
Bono's Tart said:
Distance doesnt come into it!!!
It doesnt matter how far anyone has travelled, no one forced anyone to go, thats complete rubbish that people who travel farthest should have more of a chance to meet the band. Likewise it doesnt matter if you go once or fifty times a year we are all fans nothing more nothing less.

You just need to be grateful that you didnt have to witness some or all of these events.

Kate.. you are well off the mark with part of your comments, in view of what has been happening over the last 2/3 weeks the security team at Principle are reviewing the whole set up, not the band its being taken out of their control.
We were sat in Dockers telling Martin totally unaware that the head of U2 security was in the bar, and he was listening to everything we said.
They are watching people who are there ALL the time and by that I mean every day/night the band are in the studios.

To be quite honest after the nastiness we had to put up with from individuals who were supposed to be there for the same reason it made me ashamed to say that I was a U2 fan and I have never felt like that in 24 years.

Sad but true I'm afraid.

But I will not let it spoil a very special meeting with Bono and Edge, or the kindness shown to us all by Adam.

:hug:

Oh my, I bet that security guy heard a lot that day :huh: , at least if he still was in Dockers when I told Martin what happened on Monday night with Larry.

I totally agree with everything you said :yes:, BUT I missed security people sometimes like for example on Monday when poor Adam was crushed against the wall. :|

Btw, I send you an email, Julie!
We can also talk on msn if you want, my id is larswildhoney7 .

Swan269 said:

I think he just means that he doesn't like what those people did. I am sure that people have been coming to there studios for months and they have had stuff like this happen before. Its probably why Larry doesn't come outside!

Yeah, you can be sure that's the reason why he doesn't come outside or stops his car. Cos everytime he does s:censored:t happens....

:yes: :up: Miss-u2! don't do that-don't let anyone get you down! i have not met the band or you-and don't know if I ever will get the chance, but I for one have enojoyed your reports and pics of your meeting with the band, dallas..dallasssssssss! just teasin'!:wink: and others! and even though I have not sent anything to you to give to the band when you meet them, i still think you're a really nice lady! Since you have done that for so many here! Not everyone would think of someone else when they get that same opportunity to meet the band-but you do! thank you for being so sweet...stay sweet!! And have a good time in France!
:) :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :)

gosh. everything just seems like it has gotten more confusing lately. its like things used to be so simple. people love the band. they talk about loving the band and get along about it. people go and see the band respectfully. :mad: :mad: :mad: why do things have to get so complicated! why can people just be polite?? i want to say stuff about it but at the same time i am sick of hearing the shite that is happening. :sad: kinda sucks when the people that are supposed to be loving the band are hurting them. maybe i am just hypersensitive about this whole thing because my life is so full of confusion and complicating things after things were so simple and it just blows everything up in my face. i just want nothing more than to be able to see those men face to face and i am so jealous of all that get to go. it breaks my heart to hear that people are treating the band badly. when all i would want to do is love them....

The new photos are wonderful. Thank you again for sharing!!

I'm kind of digging the pink shirt Bono is wearing. Love it when a man isn't afraid to wear pink.

Emilie WHY don't you just POST the pics so people won't have to keep asking for the link and you won't have to keep sending it?! Is it okay if I post them since I already have the link? Is there a reason they aren't supposed to be posted? :shrug: (you can PM me if you want)

Scary......reading this thread about some "fans" losing it, and
assaulting U2. :eyebrow:
It's great U2 come out and "meet n' greet" fans at HQ.
I just hope that some idiotic fans don't ruin it altogether for everyone else. Most bands do not meet fans like this.
Anyways, maybe there was a full moon out or something?
I never heard, until now, of "fans" going that loony over U2.
But, I guess that sort of crap does happen every now and then?
:ohmy:
Now to check out Emilie's pics! YAY! :)

Emilie, where can i see your pictures?
i've met bono a few weeks ago, and i want to see if he has changed........:wink:

kellyahern said:
U2Kitten, Emilie posted this earlier, you might have missed it :reject:

Oh thanks Kelly, I missed that :crack: My Mom is like that too. She probably thinks a murderer is going to see it and get her or something. :sigh: Me, I don't want my pic on the internet anyway. :reject: But I don't have a problem with somebody else putting theirs up if they want to. Sorry to bug ya Emilie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom