"Leave us alone, we are in love!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono's Tart said:
Hi everyone I'm back and a very very happy Bono's Tart!!

Here is the link for some of the photos I'll post the full thing later.
www.u2chat.com

Congrats !! The pics are amazing!!

Talking about all the fuss in here...I wasn't able to come here sometime...and when I came...I was shocked!!! :sad:

I can't understand why this kind of things happen!! We are suposed to come here to have a good time...to share experiences...and to talk about someone we really love: U2!!
Not to argue with each other....

I'm sure Emilie is a very nice lady....and she has been great with all of us. taking us all one step closer to the band!
And..I am sure that Dolphine is a great person as well...!!

So..can this all be just a missunderstanding??

Come on ladies and guys!! Let's pass this by and turn things a little brighter??

'The air is heavy...heavy as a truck...we need the rain too wash away our bad luck'!! Peace...and understanding...AGREE?? PLEASE
:|

How sad that U2 fans would feel this way about each other :( This is supposed to be fun and happy. Let this be a lesson, don't say anything about anyone you meet thinking they aren't here and will never see, you never know *who* is reading this forum. Even the band themselves!

Sorry but I do have something to add, telling somebody that the band is not there when they are is so mean!! I missed 2 chances to meet the band because people lied to me like that to get rid of me because they heard that if there were too many ppl they will not stop :( Come on we all love them and deserve a chance! We should be in this together not in competition!!

Re website question

greety said:
WOW, something to look forward to!!!
Is there still something on that other site, the richvideo.uk.co or is all the new stuff only going to be on the chat.com?

BTW, I hope some day I could be so lucky as you were. It must be real fun to go there and share with your sisters and in-laws. If I were to go, I think I'd be on my own since I don't have any U2 fanatics in the family:(

Hi greety

to answer your Qs all the stuff will be transfered over to u2chat.com over the next few weeks and a new website done I had to get the pictures up that Bonos Camerawoman took in a rush as i thought you all might like them - we are just out filming at the moment and theres loads to come
ttfn
Cameraman -

I never met Delphine so cant comment on what happened there.

I met Emilie and she is a lovely person. So was everyone else BUT some so called fans (in our case one in particular) were talking about other fans and saying stuff that wasnt true, and some of them dont want to tell you if anyone is there, they want Bono just to themselves, well I'm sorry but it wasnt gonna happen!!
We were all there to try and meet the full band I love Bono but I didnt try to hog him to myself when he came out.

I admit I ended up right near him twice but the second time it was because I had been chatting to Edge, I got my stuff signed my pic taken and moved away to continue taking pics of everyone else. Thats what nearly everyone else did and thats why it was such a success.

We stayed late one night but I would never do it again, but there are people wether you like or agree with it that go EVERY single night that the band are in the studios and they sit there until the band leave and I'm afraid that its a fact. But thats up to them I personally find it a bit embarrassing as like we said if B had come out should that be arrived earlier!! we would have left and come back the following lunchtime.

We are all just pleased that it all worked out well in the end as the whole experience left a very bad taste, I am lucky and can get to Dublin a few times a year but it had actually put me off returning up to that point.

But like Bono sings
"Dont let the bastards grind you down"

Just as a footnote though the band and all the team at the studios were fully aware what was happening, and knew who was causing trouble.
We were asked but said that we has sorted it out ourselves as I didnt want to get anyone into bother as I think they would have been asked to leave.
So if you go just remember you are being watched!!

Hi everyone, I'm Bono's Tart's Sister, and this is the first time I have posted anything on. Yes it was a shame that there was one person who spoilt it and it was a shame that we didn't get to speak to the others until Wednesday, but after Wednesday, Ive already forgotten. I'm still on a high and can't stop looking at the pictures, they have definitely made up for the one that we got in November. We will try and put as many pictures on as we can in the next few days. Im at a wedding today and Bono and Edge signed a wedding card for my best friend and she doesn't know because I told her they weren't there so I'll let you know what the reaction is tomorrow. Have to go now. Speak to you tomorrow.

Larry's Lush.

I really hope all these posts about "the one person who spoilt it" aren't about me?!

I'm not that much of a talker, especially when there are lots of people, sorry (only if I know people a little longer like Emilie :hug: ).
So if I didn't talk much, it was no personal thing!!

And yes, I spent quite some time at the studios to talk to Adam when he left(as he and Larry are my favorites). But I always spend a lot of time listening to music at the studios wheter U2 are inside or not. I just like the feeling of the place at night, sorry.
It was also great to talk to the other fans who stayed with me for long times like Stefano :hug: and Noel :hug: (thanks for driving me home 2 times :wink: ) and Alberto :hug:.
I never got the feeling of being unwanted there............

When Bono came out on Wednesday I didn't ask for pics or autographs because I already got them on Monday. I wanted to give everyone else their chance to get what they wanted. So I certainly didn't want Bono all for myself.

And for the record I never asked Delphine to lie to the people from Hungary (which where very nice to me and gave me lots of pics of me and Bono from Friday - thanks Zsuzsi :) !!).

I don't care if people have met U2 already 20 times or only 1 time or never. Everyone has the same "right" to meet them. They decide themselves if they stop for you and talk to you or not.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reports Bono's Tart and Larry's Lush.
BTW, a big WELCOME to you LL :wave:
Always nice to have new posters here.
I'm looking forward to see your piccies and the report of the wedding (reactions to the card). Have fun there!!

Wild honey 7, I don't think that post was about you at all. Not from what I make of it all.
You're right, everybody has the right to meet the band if they have the patience to wait, no mather how often they have met the guys. As long we give each other some space and respect, also for the band we all like so much.
Enough preaching from me though :wink:

I hope Delphine will be back too. Hope we didn't scare her away all together.
Delphine, come back and give us your report about your meeting and Bono being in a bad mood?? What was he like then??

Last edited:
Re: Re website question

cameraman said:

Hi greety

to answer your Qs all the stuff will be transfered over to u2chat.com over the next few weeks and a new website done I had to get the pictures up that Bonos Camerawoman took in a rush as i thought you all might like them - we are just out filming at the moment and theres loads to come
ttfn
Cameraman -

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I see this is your first post, WELCOME :wave: Hope it's not your last:wink:
I remember you and Camerawoman from the old zoo. Still hang out there sometimes? I haven't really,it's nice here!!
Does the woman come here too??

BTW what does ttfn mean?? :reject:

The work of a troll?

I have a feeling that we won?t be hearing from Delphine again. Delphine?s posts are classic examples of the work of a troll. She came in, posted nastiness to stir up the regulars here and now it?s been many hours since we?ve heard from her ? if we will hear from her at all.

She has been called on the carpet for what she has done, and if we continue being worked up about it, she will feed on it. Because Emilie never once mentioned the name of the American Girl, or gave any clues as to who the American Girl was (example: lives near Boston, has her own web site, etc.) and because Delphine?s first post was insulting Emilie, I suspect that Delphine is not the American Girl Emilie referred to. I think she is just someone trying to cause problems, aka a troll.

If Delphine is the American Girl Emilie was talking about, Delphine made herself look bad. Again, I say this because Emilie never came right out and named names and never really said anything bad. It?s not like Emilie said ?that b*tch American Girl asked me to not talk to the band.? There was never any name calling on Emilie?s part, just what I perceived as frustration and surprise that another person would have the audacity to do what the American Girl did. And yet, once it was the American Girl?s opportunity to talk to Bono, she didn?t hesitate to ask Emilie to take her photo with Bono. If I was Emilie, I would have told her that she was on her own, but Emilie was nice enough to overlook the bad treatment that had been doled out and took the picture.

Bono?s Tart, Larry?s Lush, Wild Honey 7, Emilie, Mr_LeMon and the rest of the nice people I have missed, please don?t let this deter you from enjoying your experiences with the band, and please don?t let this deter you from sharing your experiences with us that have not had the luck or opportunity to meet the guys. We?re very lucky that you are kind enough to share with us. Thank you!!

wild honey 7 said:
I really hope all these posts about "the one person who spoilt it" aren't about me?!

I'm not that much of a talker, especially when there are lots of people, sorry (only if I know people a little longer like Emilie :hug: ).
So if I didn't talk much, it was no personal thing!!

And yes, I spent quite some time at the studios to talk to Adam when he left(as he and Larry are my favorites). But I always spend a lot of time listening to music at the studios wheter U2 are inside or not. I just like the feeling of the place at night, sorry.
It was also great to talk to the other fans who stayed with me for long times like Stefano :hug: and Noel :hug: (thanks for driving me home 2 times :wink: ) and Alberto :hug:.
I never got the feeling of being unwanted there............

When Bono came out on Wednesday I didn't ask for pics or autographs because I already got them on Monday. I wanted to give everyone else their chance to get what they wanted. So I certainly didn't want Bono all for myself.

And for the record I never asked Delphine to lie to the people from Hungary (which where very nice to me and gave me lots of pics of me and Bono from Friday - thanks Zsuzsi :) !!).

I don't care if people have met U2 already 20 times or only 1 time or never. Everyone has the same "right" to meet them. They decide themselves if they stop for you and talk to you or not.

NO NO NO!!!!! ITS NOT YOU HONESTLY!!!!

You were very sweet and very quiet but maybe we are too loud we can be at times!!! Sorry if you thought I meant you but I certainly do not ok?

As for earlier events I cant comment and to be honest I dont want to know.

You are so right that if the band decide to stop and talk then everyone has the same responsibility to show respect to the band and to other fans.
I just have a problem when I hear a fan calling Bono a bastard because he didnt stop on Tuesday night!!!:mad:

Su - I never got the impression it was you either :hug: I've really enjoyed your reports too :)

Lady Val - Well said once again :applaud: :bow:

Bono?s Tart, Larry?s Lush, Wild Honey 7, Emilie, Mr_LeMon and the rest of the nice people I have missed, please don?t let this deter you from enjoying your experiences with the band, and please don?t let this deter you from sharing your experiences with us that have not had the luck or opportunity to meet the guys. We?re very lucky that you are kind enough to share with us. Thank you!!

Exactly - you guys are what makes this forum so much fun :hug:

Larry's Lush - What a great thing to do for you friend, that is so great! :hyper:

Bono's Tart - Thank you for sharing the pics again. I :heart: them. I'm glad you got to meet them, especially with your sister there too :cute:

Emilie - You are the best! A thousand thank you's for all that you've done :hug:

Mr.LeMon - You look really good with the Bono shades on :sexywink: Thanks for the pics too!

We now have another 100 photos to get on line bear with us as Cameraman is rather busy but they are worth waiting for!!

Bono!!!:drool: :drool:
Edge!!:drool: :drool:
Bono and Edge together!!!:sexywink: :combust: :faint:

I always wanted to meet Adam as he is so cool, we didnt really get chnace to talk to him on Monday for reasons explained by Emilie, (in his own words "it was very uncool!")but Tuesday evening he parked his car up outside and came over to say hello to everyone! :drool:

He is just so very cool and chilled out and so very nice to everyone, we got some great photos of him with the fans they will be up soon.
He is very charming.

Bono's Tart said:
Just as a footnote though the band and all the team at the studios were fully aware what was happening, and knew who was causing trouble.
We were asked but said that we has sorted it out ourselves as I didnt want to get anyone into bother as I think they would have been asked to leave.

That is nice to know that everyone at HQ was aware and was willing to step in. I don't know that there are very many bands out there that would be that concerned. I would guess that most would just not put up with the nonsense by chasing people away or just ignoring everyone and not stopping to meet & greet the fans.

kellyahern said:
Lady Val - Well said once again :applaud: :bow:

Thank you. It's the Virgo in me. I'm so "detail oriented" that I have a tendency to point things out that I feel are obvious. Gets me into trouble sometimes. :eeklaugh: So, I tend to be to blunt, but I try to be blunt in a nice and fair way. Is that even possible? :scratch:

Well, I'm not trying to be a bad person, but I'm not tolerant of people who swoop in and cause problems, especially when it involves people who are loved around here. :hug:

Wasn't Emilie going to be in Dublin yesterday? I wonder how her day went and if she is still there.

:wink: To emilie-thank you for all the great reports! To BT-gr-8 that you finally got to meet the band!! yah for you! to Mr.Lemon-thankyou for all the great pics& reports-I love the phone call moment&the fact that Bono calls YOU a devil! LOL!! To Kelly-you carzy floridian you!! lol@ the 'parents week at the studios'!! i am ahppy for su-that she got her Bono hug!! :wink: Oh, and to J-i agree with you-representing US carries alot of responsiblity to those that CAN'T be there! they need to be thankful, and gracious to others because of the opportunities they are getting!! to the Band-Thank you for all your kindness you extent to the fans! Sorry about that one instance, Adam, I hope for one, it does not happen TOO often! Never again, would be better!! Keep up the good work in the studio-looking forward to more great music!! :wink:

I have said this time and time again, for various reasons we have had contact with the people who work for U2 and others who we didnt know that they worked for the band (if that makes sense!!)and everytime without fail we have been looked after.
What more can you ask for?

Jamila said:
I generally stay quiet in this forum, but I feel compelled to mention two things.:yes:

1) To ALL the "Fans" who are going to HQ:
Are you REALLY representing yourselves and the rest of us out here who are either too poor and/or too weighed down with important matters (like sick family members) who can't get to HQ IN THE BEST LIGHT?=

Jamila
If you have sick family members just want to extend a-- i'm sorry to hear that. I've been down that terrible, difficult road way too many times in my life. Stay strong, and I hope things will improve in someway/s or another over time. So far that has mostly happened in my family.

I actually feel some of you are misrepresenting the rest of us who have been loyal, faithful and responsible U2 fans/followers LONGER THAN SOME OF YOU HAVE BEEN BORN! We need to conduct ourselves in a better way when in U2's presence - enough said.:hug:

Hah, I never thot of my l-o-n-g time u2 fandom in just that way, that is...being a fan longer than some of you being alive.... :wink: hey gotta laugh! being around so long!

oh, J ya hadda go an' mention dear JL :( . W-a-y be fore he was ever in that building, that's where I got off the train with my Mom when I was a kid -we'd swing around the subway entrance, turn the corner and go straight to the other end of that block passing the DK's Big Entrance to go to <creepy music> the dentist.

But I've passed by it on rare occasions, later on when around that area being in Central Park & other bus travels. I am a native NYC'er, a R&R-'er and I remeber that horrid nite all too well when someone mentions his name or when somehow something else reminds me of that.

I just remember to *White Light* the:heart: guys and all others I care :hug: about.

Last edited:
Bono's Tart said:

NO NO NO!!!!! ITS NOT YOU HONESTLY!!!!

You were very sweet and very quiet but maybe we are too loud we can be at times!!! Sorry if you thought I meant you but I certainly do not ok?

As for earlier events I cant comment and to be honest I dont want to know.

You are so right that if the band decide to stop and talk then everyone has the same responsibility to show respect to the band and to other fans.
I just have a problem when I hear a fan calling Bono a bastard because he didnt stop on Tuesday night!!!:mad:

Thanks, that's good to hear. And yeah, I know, I'm too quiet sometimes.....maybe that's why Larry is my favorite :wink:.

I also appreciated that all of you girls from England fell back after you had your pics and signs from Bono on Wednesday :applaud:. You didn't try to stay close to him for all the time but wanted to give other fans their chance to.

I was very shocked by fans behaviour when I first met Bono&Edge on Thursday (20th) too - you can read more about what happened in my Bono&Edge post.
One of the girls scratched my arm badly because I was in her way when she wanted to take a pic with her friend and Bono. I'm not sure if Bono noticed this or not, but he then turned his attention away from this girl to the fans from Hungary and she got no pic with him....
Later that day she went on complaining about Bono's "bad mood" :madspit: .
I didn't get any pic or autograph that day from Bono but all I remember is how happy I was about having just seen him that close for the first time. I wasn't angry with him for one second. Instead I couldn't stop myself thinking: "That man is sooooooo beautiful.....unbelievable....:drool:.....". :wink:

Bono's Tart said:

I pray that you are right and the really watch everyone that comes there closely!!!!

Some of us had a really bad and sad experience with Larry on Monday night. I can't talk about it here because even thinking about it breaks my heart....:sad:....
At least now I understand why he never (rarely) stops for fans waiting at the studio......and its not because he doesn't like fans or doesn't care about anyone waiting there, believe me.

Thanks again, :hug: Adam :hug: for listening.

Last edited:
Hey Emilie and Sue!
Im going to send you the pictures (right now the scanner is out of order...).
It was nice to meet with you in Dublin! It was a beautiful week! And it's amazing that we could met with Bono, the Edge and Adam.
zsuzso (from Hungary)

my_kite said:
Talking about all the fuss in here...I wasn't able to come here sometime...and when I came...I was shocked!!!

Yeah... I've been away for one day and... :tsk: ...Well, what can I say - I actually laughed :lol: What else can you do?! :shrug:

It's sad to hear about fans behaving in such bad ways at HQ :( I don't understand it... Just don't understand it :tsk:

...But once again congrats to you all with your meetings with the guys - you're very lucky! :yes: I'm looking forward to the pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom