"Leave us alone, we are in love!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone I'm back and a very very happy Bono's Tart!!

We met Adam on Tuesday ( couldnt get anywhere near on Monday) spoke to BONO on Tuesday night only briefly as he was in his car but he promised me that he would come out to us the following day.

And Wednesday BONO AND EDGE!!!! :drool: :drool:

Feel a bit odd today after seeing Bono,Edge ,Adam and Larry everyday for 3 days!!!!
I keep looking for them at home!!:hmm:

So it all ended well after a really bad start which I have to say continued until Tuesday night as we had a trouble maker (which was sad as I thought we had all got on well)who was stirring the fans up so I'm afraid I lost my temper, in all my time as a U2 fan I have never come across anyone like quite like it and I hope I never do again I hate two faced people and liars.
But what I didnt know at that point was that the band and Sam knew exactly what was going on.

Each time Bono went past into the studio we where asked the same thing "Are you going now you've seen him??!!" WTF!!!!
We had just as much right to be there as everyone else.

But my faith was restored thanks mainly to Noel, Matt Mr Miami,! Mr M is another story involving Bono!!To Mr Lemon and all your band I'm just sorry that we didnt get more chance to talk maybe next time? I've just sent you the link for the first lot of picture hope you got it ok as you are on a couple there will be loads more over the next week!!:wink:

It was lovely meeting you Emilie good luck for Friday give Bono a kiss from the red roses girls from Hull he'll know who you mean!!

Here is the link for some of the photos I'll post the full thing later.
www.u2chat.com

Sorry you guys had trouble with someone :( Why does someone go all the way to Dublin and then cause problems with other fans - I would think half of the fun would be meeting other U2 fans and being together and sharing experiences.

But anyway, back to happier things:
:applaud: :hyper:

Yay! I'm so happy for you Bono's Tart :hug: Lovely pics - Bono with an open shirt too :drool:

There's this one pic in which Bono has this really silly smile on his face, that is sooooo adorable
I loved Bono with the phone talking with MrLeMon's Dad :cute: :lol:

Thank you so much, both of you, for sharing :hug:

As always, these stories are wonderful! But I am sad about sweet Adam being pushed against a wall...he is so friendly and kind to fans, and he must have been so frightened when this guy was pushing him.
:hug: :adam: :hug:
And I'm sorry that you were upset as well, Emilie.
:hug:
But the other stories were so wonderful to read, and I'm always happy to learn of Interlanders getting to meet Our Guys!

Mr_LeMon said:
another classic moment...

lemonbonoedge1.jpg

very special thanx to Mariette & Jaco

COOL pic! :up: :drool:

:wave: Thanks for the stories and pics everyone! :up:

WOW, Bono's tart, I'm glad you've had your chance after all!!
Nice pics. It seems there quite a few ppl there. Too bad some of them wanted everything for themselves:tsk: and tried to get you girls out. Good of you not to give in:up:

greety said:
WOW, Bono's tart, I'm glad you've had your chance after all!!
Nice pics. It seems there quite a few ppl there. Too bad some of them wanted everything for themselves:tsk: and tried to get you girls out. Good of you not to give in:up:

It was only one individual but there was no way we were going to let it spoil our chances.
Everyone else was great, and it was such an amazing meeting with Bono and Edge I think there were about 20 people there but everyone was so calm and happy!:happy:

When we all sang Happy Birthday to Mr Lemons father I was stood right in front of Bono so he was singing and Edge was on my right singing amazing!!

It was so relaxed and easy and we were so pleased as we had been so stressed out with previous events which I wont go into as its finished with. But I dont think its the obvious overexcited fans that everyone needs to worry about its the ones that are quietly neurotic!!! But believe me they (the band and security)had everyone well sussed out.

And to finish off a perfect 20 minutes Sam came out and told us that they had loved what had just happened and Sam thanked us all as well, so I think its put what happened with Adam to rest.

We just got some other pics back and well.....:faint:

I just hope that this good feeling continues down at the studios as we are back at the end of June and I will have my 7 year od daughter with me, she is desperate to meet him as he signed her a lovley pic with her name etc and she is over the moon!:hug: :bono:

But major big hugs to Bono Edge and Adam!!:heart: :kiss:
Thank You!!

kellyahern said:
Sorry you guys had trouble with someone :( Why does someone go all the way to Dublin and then cause problems with other fans - I would think half of the fun would be meeting other U2 fans and being together and sharing experiences.

But anyway, back to happier things:
:applaud: :hyper:

Yay! I'm so happy for you Bono's Tart :hug: Lovely pics - Bono with an open shirt too :drool:

There's this one pic in which Bono has this really silly smile on his face, that is sooooo adorable
I loved Bono with the phone talking with MrLeMon's Dad :cute: :lol:

Thank you so much, both of you, for sharing :hug:

The Macphisto grin one?!!:drool:
My sis is so proud of that picture!!

Bono's Tart said:

When we all sang Happy Birthday to Mr Lemons father I was stood right in front of Bono so he was singing and Edge was on my right singing amazing!!

We just got some other pics back and well.....:faint:

But major big hugs to Bono Edge and Adam!!:heart: :kiss:
Thank You!!

You must be the one with the glasses on her head, denim shirt and black t-shirt underneath??
Lovely pics:heart:
Will the new ones be up there too??

WOW, something to look forward to!!!
Is there still something on that other site, the richvideo.uk.co or is all the new stuff only going to be on the chat.com?

BTW, I hope some day I could be so lucky as you were. It must be real fun to go there and share with your sisters and in-laws. If I were to go, I think I'd be on my own since I don't have any U2 fanatics in the family:(

Fantastic pics and great stories! :yes: :up:

Congratulations to everyone :applaud:

Kill Someone?

I don't appreciate that comment Emily. I think fans who meet Bono every other day and live in Ireland and get pics with him all the time should not be so selfish and take up his time when there are fans that come 3,000 miles and from other countries to meet him.

That is being selfish. And, that makes me want to kill someone.

Thanks for badmouthing me.

Thought we were friends.

Emilie has done us a huge favor by delivering our messages to the band :hug: She doesn't meet Bono "every other day" ,before this week, the last time she was there was months ago. From the pictures I saw, lots of people got to meet Bono :)

Also, Delphine, why did you tell Mr.LeMon and his friends that no one was at the studios? That wasn't very nice.

Re: Kill Someone?

Delphine said:
I don't appreciate that comment Emily. I think fans who meet Bono every other day and live in Ireland and get pics with him all the time should not be so selfish and take up his time when there are fans that come 3,000 miles and from other countries to meet him.

That is being selfish. And, that makes me want to kill someone.

Thanks for badmouthing me.

Thought we were friends.

Hey hey, calm down here, ok? :eyebrow:

First of all, let me just remind you that Emilie's native language isn't English. When you get emotional it can be hard to expres yourself (and your feelings) in a foreign language and what you write may get another meaning than the one you intended, in lack of better or more correct words. (Just for the record: My native language isn't English either, so I know how hard it can be!)

As for the part of being selfish - I seriously don't understand how you can say that?! As kellyahern said, Emilie has done a lot of people here great favours by taking time to deliver letters and things to the band. She does it because she wants to, because she cares about other fans that can't come to Dublin because they live miles away in another country or continent and because she care about the band. No one ever told her to do it. And you call a person that does all these things for other people selfish?! :no:

And if Emilie badmouthed you - Well, as far as I know Emilie, then you must have done something really wrong, something that would really annoy the band or else she wouldn't do it.

Btw, this obviously isn't your first post here - if you don't have the decency or courage to post under your "real" name because you can't stand behind what you just wrote - then you shouldn't be posting here at all! :tsk:

Last edited:
I don't appreciate reading bad stuff about me on the website

She was out of line. If she had a problem with me, she should have said it to my face instead of plastering over the website.
She has met Bono SEVERAL times!

Why did I tell that to Mr. Lemon, because the rest of the girls told me not to tell them, that is why. No you are throwing that in my face.

The lady sitting next to me told me not to tell them anything. So, that is why I did that.

It is pretty sad when people act like your friend and then badmouth you online.

That hurts.

I hate it when things like this start happening. I have seen it too many times on other bulletin boards and it always saddens me.

Having read many of Emilie's posts and the posts of people who have met her - I feel that she is truly a nice person. She always gives other fans the opportunity to talk to the band, and she has been their cheerleader encouraging them to go up to the guys when their nerves have gotten the better of them and shyness or shock prevents them from approaching the guys.

I agree with Merc that there may have been a language issue and she had a hard time expressing herself. But, I have used the phrase "kill someone" when I have had another person irritate me. Doesn't mean that I really wish that person harm, it's just a way of venting frustration.

Obviously you knew who Emilie was, otherwise you wouldn't have made your request. This is not a case of the haves or have nots. Emilie made the effort to be there and she has as much right to speak to the band as anyone else that has made the same effort.

So, lets agree to not agree and move on.

First off, I wanna say welcome to Interference, Delphine.

Secondly, I don't think she literally meant "kill someone"...I know I've already found myself on occasion saying that I wanna kill someone, but it is an obvious exaggeration...mayhaps in poor taste, but many say it.

Thirdly...

Delphine said:
I did nothing to get badmouthed so fuck off.

Please refrain from personal attacks, including telling other members to "fuck off". If you have any questions or concerns, please refer to the FAQs or contact one of the moderators (such as myself).

Thanks! :wave:

Sorry I swore. But you should Kindly tell Emily not to threaten people or start trouble over the website--that is wrong. So, if you are going to discipline me, you should discipline her as wll. That is only fair.

No one should be allowed to start trouble or say they are going to kill anyone on the website. That is wrongl. You should talk to her and let her know that. That is wrong and in poor taste. I am a fan and I did nothing but ask people that alreay met the band to let others do so. What is so wrong with that?

Like I said, I highly doubt that she literally meant she would kill someone. It didn't seem as though she was making a serious threat. I suppose she is the only one who can clarify though.

Fine. But if I read one more bad thing about me, I am reporting it. No, I should not have sworn, but no one should badmouth anyone. That is not what this website is about.

Everyone has right to meet the band. That is not what I said, but I am sure that if you went onto the website and found stuff written about you by someone who acted like your friend, you would be just as mad.

Emily speaks perfect english so don't use that as an excuse. And P.S. I have a fan website in the boston area, so I represent the USA, so I do things for fans too. Now let's get on with our lives.....:|

Delphine said:
Fine. But if I read one more bad thing about me, I am reporting it. No, I should not have sworn, but no one should badmouth anyone. That is not what this website is about.

Everyone has right to meet the band. That is not what I said, but I am sure that if you went onto the website and found stuff written about you by someone who acted like your friend, you would be just as mad.

Emily speaks perfect english so don't use that as an excuse. And P.S. I have a fan website in the boston area, so I represent the USA, so I do things for fans too. Now let's get on with our lives.....:|

I went back through the posts in this thread and not once was the name "Delphine" mentioned until Delphine posted for the first time. Emilie's posts only called her an "American Girl". Examples:

then an american girl who was there last week and who had left me her gift to bono arrived at 2pm. she wanted to meet Bono but she didnot want him to be in a "bad mood" like the day before, she wanted us to let her talk with bono cos we already met him etc... i think Su will explain that to you cos if i start talking about that, i am kill someone

Mr_Lemon and his band arrived 10people so of course the girl was like "don't tell them anything" yeah right, but when bono will come out, they will see he is here i can lie to bad fans you know, the ones running after the cars or pushing other fans, but i can't lie to others fans just because i want bono for me,i can't even lie to fans coming to me and asking me if the band is inside so how do u want me to lie to Mr_Lemon and all his nice friends ????so, she told them nobody was there.... anyway.... i felt bad

then the american girl asked me to take a pics of her and she got signed her big poster of bono in the bathtub

I never saw anything that clearly identified who the American girl was. For all any of us know, it could have been me. Which, by the way, it wasn't.

Delphine, you are only making yourself look bad.

For the record, saying "fuck" wasn't the problem...it was telling somebody to "fuck off" that was the problem.

People say "fuck" all the time around Interference...I know I've said it. :laugh:

I generally stay quiet in this forum, but I feel compelled to mention two things.:yes:

1) To ALL the "Fans" who are going to HQ:
Are you REALLY representing yourselves and the rest of us out here who are either too poor and/or too weighed down with important matters (like sick family members) who can't get to HQ IN THE BEST LIGHT?

A lot of you are acting VERY IMMATURE either when posting here and/or when with U2 in Dublin! I won't mention names but you DO know who you are.

Bono or Edge or Adam or Larry ARE NOT YOUR SAVIORS. They can not make you feel better about yourselves - that is an inside job that you have to do yourself (no matter how painful it is). :up:

I actually feel some of you are misrepresenting the rest of us who have been loyal, faithful and responsible U2 fans/followers LONGER THAN SOME OF YOU HAVE BEEN BORN! We need to conduct ourselves in a better way when in U2's presence - enough said.:hug:

2) T0 U2: What are you guys thinking? Like several other people who have posted here already, I'm concerned about your (lack of) judgement in picking people ("fans") up off the street and giving them rides in your cars or this carriage ride last night.

I know that you want to feel close to the people, but remember John Lennon - one day one of those people who smile in your face could end up doing you wrong. :angel:

Where would that leave those of us who are your TRUE-HEARTED fans/followers with no Bono or Edge or Adam or Larry? PLEASE THINK, my dear Hearts, about your safety for EVERYONE'S sake(including the sake of your children). :love:

Well, have I made everyone mad? Only if the shoe fits..... I just want us ALL to think and act respectfully with each other. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?:angel:

ONE LOVE :bono: :heart: :heart: :wave:

Well Jamila,
That is so nicely put:up:
Of course they should be carefull with who they hang out with. But I guess they will always hang out with their fans, that's what makes them who they are, not so out of reach like so many other (less significant) acts who act like gods on earth.

You didn't make ME mad at all, it's good sometimes to think things through a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom