Leather Day: Knight Commander Cover Me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonocomet said:
NMEolds.jpg

:ohmy:

He was so beautiful in this pic! :heart:

I hope to see it too. The scan looks like that because back then NME used to be printed on newsprint... so that's as good as the scan is going to get. Sorry! (Also it was a lot bigger so I can't fit it in my scanner.) :(

bonocomet said:
I hope to see it too. The scan looks like that because back then NME used to be printed on newsprint... so that's as good as the scan is going to get. Sorry! (Also it was a lot bigger so I can't fit it in my scanner.) :(

Could you scan this one in two parts? May be we can put them back together in photoshop. :)

Ok. I'll see what I can do, it's pretty big. I'll have to do it tomorrow afternoon after work. (btw I did get the best part already :wink: )

Ahh sorry! I fell asleep while doing this last night. I was really tired. Ok... I'll finish now I promise! Yes it is from 1984. The magazine back then was more like a newspaper so it's big and I'll have to post parts in pieces.

First here's the cover:

just click the thumbnails.

I hope some of you talented people can put him back together again! (Let me know if it's missing any of the photo near his mouth, I couldn't tell, it's really big but I could rescan it to include what's missing and cut more of the trim at the bottom or top off.)

Last edited:
Hey thanks so much Bonocomet. :hug: Love getting my hands on these early (1980 - 1987) articles of the guys!! :drool:

Well I tired merging the cover but coz there was not enough of each half for the them to 'blend' properly it left a line in the centre. So if some clever soul knows how to clear this up or do a better job then go for it! :wink: But here's my effort....

NME_1984.jpg

Had to reduce the size coz it was SO huge! :ohmy:

:reject: I know... they always come out huge when I scan, most everything I post that are my scans I have to reduce.

I think you still did a good job with the pics! Is it because there is some of the photo missing? I could rescan it with less of the bottom border and that way get a bit more of that center area.

No hurry, it's getting late here, so I wouldn't have time to do anything tonight and 24's starting soon! But I have the same program on my laptop, that I take with me to college, so I can do it tomorrow. :wave:

hcbiggs2002 said:
No hurry, it's getting late here, so I wouldn't have time to do anything tonight and 24's starting soon! But I have the same program on my laptop, that I take with me to college, so I can do it tomorrow. :wave:

Ok here are the new scans.

I hope that works!

bonocomet said:

Ok here are the new scans.

I hope that works!

I won't take too much attention to the edge of the news paper, as long as Bono's beautiful face come up right, I'll ignor the rest.

:wink:

merged1yd9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom