Leather Day: Bono's Red Hot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoCookieEyes2.jpg

BonoParksJacket.jpg

BonoFox1 said:

These are really historic pics of Bono and the Edge.

Taken in 1998-1999, these pics are from the early "Drop the Debt" actions in Europe which ended up eventually to Bono's formation of DATA and ONE, and probably EDUN and RED.

Thanks BonoFox for sharing them with us here! :sexywink:

Jamila said:

These are really historic pics of Bono and the Edge.

Taken in 1998-1999, these pics are from the early "Drop the Debt" actions in Europe which ended up eventually to Bono's formation of DATA and ONE, and probably EDUN and RED.

Thanks BonoFox for sharing them with us here! :sexywink:

You're welcome Jamila...I have a lot more from this event but I just posted a couple..I'll post more;)

BonoFox1 said:

You're welcome Jamila...I have a lot more from this event but I just posted a couple..I'll post more;)

muchas gracias, BonoFox1 :wink:

What I find interesting about the two pictures below are Bono's sunglasses. They appear identical.

Do you know what this means?

It means that the pair of sunglasses Bono wore in 1987, he was able to wear again in 1991.

He kept a pair of sunglasses for 4 years!!!! :ohmy:

For a man who was notorious for losing his Fly shades on the ZOO TV tour and who now has enough sunglasses that he probably has his own closet for them at his house, to have one pair for 4 years - and in good condition - is almost unbelievable.

Oh sure, he could have just bought another pair. But if you've ever bought sunglasses, you know how it's almost impossible to get the same style year after year. In other words, what he bought in '87 probably wouldn't be selling in '91.

So I'm actually impressed!

:sexywink:

hcbiggs2002 said:

Actually, I'm not so sure they're the same...
the aviators in the JT pic have a silver frame, the AB ones golden. But then again, might be the light :nerd:

doctorwho said:
What I find interesting about the two pictures below are Bono's sunglasses. They appear identical.

Do you know what this means?

It means that the pair of sunglasses Bono wore in 1987, he was able to wear again in 1991.

He kept a pair of sunglasses for 4 years!!!! :ohmy:

For a man who was notorious for losing his Fly shades on the ZOO TV tour and who now has enough sunglasses that he probably has his own closet for them at his house, to have one pair for 4 years - and in good condition - is almost unbelievable.

Oh sure, he could have just bought another pair. But if you've ever bought sunglasses, you know how it's almost impossible to get the same style year after year. In other words, what he bought in '87 probably wouldn't be selling in '91.

So I'm actually impressed!

:sexywink:

Ya know, I noticed the similarities myself which is one of the reasons I usually post these two pics together and you're the first one here to notice it too. It never eases to amaze me the little details some of us (doctorwho, you are now, if you weren't already, officially a Pleban! :sexywink: ) notice!! :lol:

And I have to agree that it does seem quite a feat on Bono's part that he seems to kept the same pair of shades for so long!? Ya never know, he may have liked model so much he bought several pairs at once!?! :shrug: Although I'm hardly one to criticize coz I'm always loosing or breaking my shades and I forget how many I've had over the years!!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom