Larry's vocals on the Numb remix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do Larry's vocals in the new mix of Numb enhance the song?

• Yeah man! Larry should sing more often!

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Doesn't make much difference to me

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • His vocals suck and he should stay behind the drumkit!

Votes: 14 31.8%

• Total voters
Has anyone else been listening to this track over and over again just to hear Larry saying "I feel numb" or is it just me??? :lol: :coocoo:

It's a lot different in the new mix - his vocals are a lot more prominent. Wish Larry would sing a bit more often! :flirt:

BTW I also love the extra bits of Bono's falsetto in this song than the original.

oh my gawd. lmfao!!!!!! so, i just got back from Best Buy. and i popped in the best of cd. skipped all of the tracks just to listen to all of the remix ones. well i am not 100% sure if like the remixes. but anyway, i get to numb. and i am sitting at a traffic light. and it starts off and i turn up my stereo up pretty loud because i am digging the song....and then....Larry's vocals popped in. It scared me and i died laughing...i thought it was a joke at first. sorry but this was just so bad it was funny...i am sure the people who were in the cars next to me must have thought i was insane because i was laughing so hard, i seriously had tears in my eyes...:lol:

sorry Snarls, stay behind the kit! :larry: + "I feel numb" = me saying :no: :lol:

It is a nice addition and he has a cool voice :larry: but I think it dosen't fit that good into the song. You almost can't hear Edge anymore! :no:

And those new verses of Bono make me :drool:.

YAY LARRY
that song juts came on

Larry's actually a good singer... larry singing sightings:
Watch red rocks. He sings on Sunday Bloody Sunday, and I'm almost positive he sings on "40" but htey never show him... and maybe Surrender as well but I'm not so sure about that
Numb, akorse
Daddy's Gonna Pay on ZooTV

mmm, larry

I like it very much. I always had to struggle to hear his voice on the old version.

LMAO

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
oh my gawd. lmfao!!!!!! so, i just got back from Best Buy. and i popped in the best of cd. skipped all of the tracks just to listen to all of the remix ones. well i am not 100% sure if like the remixes. but anyway, i get to numb. and i am sitting at a traffic light. and it starts off and i turn up my stereo up pretty loud because i am digging the song....and then....Larry's vocals popped in. It scared me and i died laughing...i thought it was a joke at first. sorry but this was just so bad it was funny...i am sure the people who were in the cars next to me must have thought i was insane because i was laughing so hard, i seriously had tears in my eyes...:lol:

sorry Snarls, stay behind the kit! :larry: + "I feel numb" = me saying :no: :lol:

Hehehe...I agree. Almost as spectacular as Larry's performance in ES! :reject:

I wasn't sure it was Larry singing at first. It was kind of weird to say it mildly. Well at least Larry lovers will be happy!:yes: :love: :D

I don't think it's so much the quality of Larry's voice, but it is more the octave that he is singing in that sounds strange. I think it would sound a lot better if it was sang an octave up like on the original version. It was nice to hear Larry's voice so prominent though, it was hard to hear him on the original version.

Wow - some mixed responses!

I just think it's cool to hear Larry sing. :cool:

I agree with what someone said about Edge's vocals - it seems that Larry and Bono's vocals have been brought to the fore and Edge's seem almost in the background in the new mix. I really like this track at the moment though - I'm still not sure about the other mixes yet - need to hear them a few more times.

I think that Larry?s part is the same as in the old version of the song, but now in the new mix you can hear them better.

Well I think that he should concentrate on drumming. His voice is ok, but not good enough to sing lead or back up Bono?s voice. Edge is just so much better

I think it sounds like a DJ fookin' aorund...I find his vocal completely distracting...I have nothing against larry...but I just think it sounds retarded.

Falsetto would have been nice...left in the background would have been better...or atleast not blastingly loud like it is now...

I FEEL NUMB

Thank you larry...you can go drum now...

:D

FishNeedsABicycle said:
I think it sounds like a DJ fookin' aorund...I find his vocal completely distracting...I have nothing against larry...but I just think it sounds retarded.

Falsetto would have been nice...left in the background would have been better...or atleast not blastingly loud like it is now...

I FEEL NUMB

:lol: SERiously.....

Darty ol' town...

it was fun , but please Bono , Edge , Adam pleaaaaaaase don't let Larry to microphone , Larry stay with drumkit , don't be silly .

I think it's a little distracting. The song is all about Edge's monotone; it's a rhythm, not a melody, and Bono's falsetto is not meant to disrupt the rhythm but add a little flair. Then suddenly Larry comes blaring in. It almost sounds like they're trying too hard to get the point across- "Look! This isn't Bono or Edge singing!!" Kind of a trick for the casual fans who might buy the album. :sexywink:

FishNeedsABicycle said:

I FEEL NUMB

Yep, you put it perfectly. :laugh:

btw.. love the new cowboy Edge in your sig :tongue:

I could stop laughing when i heard it last nite bc it comes out of nowhere!

and just the other nite i listened to larry yell not sing "Dirty Old Town" :lol:

I still love Larry and gots nothing against him!!!!

FishNeedsABicycle said:

I FEEL NUMB

:yes:

there i am, enjoying the song, and all of a sudden there he is, not screaming really but talking very loudly into the microphone, it's dumb. sorry peeps. :( :silent:

There's a recording of Larry singing "Whiskey In the Jar" and it really sounds good. :)

I think the "numb" recording is a bit of a bad representation of the man's voice, but hey.

Drums are his day job, ya know? It's what he's passionate about, and I don't think he'd want to steal the limelight away from Bono. :D

Now, I wanna hear EDGE sing a song... he's about due for a solo, wouldn't ya say? Edge singing makes my knees weak... :drunk:

~Bona

It was a bit jarring the first time I heard the new mix, but after a few listens, I got used to it and didn't mind it so much.

But he should definitely not quit his day job.

that was the only one of the new mixes i had a problem with. probably cos when i go to listen to numb i want to heard edge singing. larry singing is cool, even if he doesn't sound as good as bono or edge, it's still not THAT terrible...but his and bono's vocals drowned out THE EDGE!!!! nooooooo!!!

as for the mix of gone, that's great.

but will someone tell me what's the deal with the drums in "staring at the sun"??

no "boomcha"s in discotheque?!?! how can this BE!!:shocked:

anyone else feel compelled to yell "kraftwerk!!" at the intro to "lady with the spinning head"?? that's what's on repeat now...

I remember the first time I heard him singing dirty old town and wild irish rover I cracked up. His voice is so... so... oh my, I don't even find a word to say how it is! And when I heard him in the new numb mix I was like :huh:

Thanks god he is much better with the drums...

well........... i love larry to death...... BUT.... lets just say he can act better than he can sing - A N D - he can drum better than he can act. so i would be more inclined to tell him not to quit his day job. ;o)

B U T !!!!! I do like the remix of Numb..... now if they only had made The Fly in acoustic. (hehehe)

Back
Top Bottom