Larry's vegetarianism?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abelives

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Does anyone know if Larry has ever spoken out about being a vegetarian? Any searches I have done just come up with him on a list of famous vegetarians. :shrug:

He probably wouldn't make a big deal of it, but I'd be interested to know all that lovely info..:p

i heard that he was up for sexiest vegetarian lol unless that was just something the Plebans wanted :laugh:

The Sexiest Vegetarian thing is annual and Larry's been on the list annually. It' probably no wonder you don't hear him speaking out about it because it's just a way of life for he and probably for his family, no big deal.

I knew it was somewhere in U2 at the End of the World, and I just spent 10 minutes searching for it :lol: But here you go:

From chapter 15 (page 141)

Larry is a vegetarian; he asks me to taste those nachos and see if there's any meat in them. I get nothing but cheese and beans and tell him it's all clear. Larry takes a bite, swallows, and says, "Chicken! First time I've had chicken in four years and it's your fault! I'll never forget this!"
"What am I, the royal food taster?" I say. "There was no chicken in the piece I ate."
"You see, Larry," Adam says, "you let an outsider taste your food for you. I'm not jealous, but if you need someone to eat off your plate you should always go to your bass player."

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I knew it was somewhere in U2 at the End of the World, and I just spent 10 minutes searching for it :lol: But here you go:

From chapter 15 (page 141)

Hahahah! Thanks for all the trouble you went through. I know that he is a vegetarian - I was just wondering if he had ever mentioned why. Like is he an animal advocate, or is it just the healthier choice? Also wondering if he is vegan.

No big deal, really. I am just leaning towards vegetarianism again (I did it years ago, but fell off the wagon) and I am always interested in hearing people's reasons for doing it. Since Larry is someone I admire, I would like to hear his reasons. Just might help convince me to give up meat altogether.

Although, shopping in the meat department at the supermarket will do that, too. :(

well in U2 at the end of the world he says he hadn't eaten chicken in four years... the book was written during the zootv tour, so I guess 91 or 92, count back four years, so he hasn't eaten chicken meat since 87/88... JT tour

Oh well blows that theory then that veggies are skinny as Larry was quite beefy during the Zoo/early Pop era!

Guess I`ll have to find another way of loosing a few pounds................hey Larry can you give me a hand here........:evil: :kiss:

Galeongirl said:
well in U2 at the end of the world he says he hadn't eaten chicken in four years... the book was written during the zootv tour, so I guess 91 or 92, count back four years, so he hasn't eaten chicken meat since 87/88... JT tour

funny, as I was just watching the making of All I want is you, mentioned here

About 3.30 mins in there is the funny part where Larry is roaring and acting like a caged animal which prompts Bono to say "too much red meat"

Link to the making of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqM5amlK1Jg

I think he's a health nut. I read an interview with him and Bono at a restaraunt and Larry asked the waiter if they had any goat cheese (The one where Bono says that he would be a vegetarian, but only "in hell's kitchen!"). Is goat cheese low fat or something? Also, I've heard that he eats fish, so he's not a strict vegetarian.

Oh well blows that theory then that veggies are skinny as Larry was quite beefy during the Zoo/early Pop era!

He seemed to be perfectly in shape, more sheer muscle than anything else. Perhaps he just looked thinner in comparison to Bono in 93/94.

Don't be put off by vegetarianism if you think that, frankly there's still a lot of rather fattening food that's shared between omnivores and vegetarians. It's not a miracle worker, but it's still a good lifestyle!

Last edited:
I read in an old thread that he is not a vegetarian anymore... I "think" GracelandHarley mentioned something about it...but I cant rember right now which was the thread...

Yes, Laney, you are right, she did in a previous thread recently! :wink:

But I believe I read that here on Interference at some point, (though I don't think it was PLEBA) in the last 2 years or so... so I cannot vouch for it's authenticity! I can't remember what the exact conversation was about anymore, sorry.:shrug:

Pamelakellett said:

Guess I`ll have to find another way of loosing a few pounds................hey Larry can you give me a hand here........:evil: :kiss:

trust me from experience, being a vegetarian does not make you skinny. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom