Larry's third son...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sam_hewsonu2

The Fly
Does somebody over here knows the name of his third son???????? I've been lookin' for it but i don't found it
Somebody?????? :no: :help:

Yes i heard that but i had the hope that somebody over here know it :sad: well now i missed it.
Will we know it someday??
I hope that.

Guys who cares? I trust that the little tyke does indeed have a name. ;) But let's give he and his dad a break. Obviously they're trying to protect him.

Dot.

PaleBlueDot said:
Guys who cares? I trust that the little tyke does indeed have a name. ;) But let's give he and his dad a break. Obviously they're trying to protect him.

Dot.

you?re propably right, but I still like to make a guess. His third childs name propably starts with an A. Why? Cause his other two kids names start with an A too. There?s Aron and there?s Ava and his girlfriends name is Ann. Three A?s.

Anton?
Andrew?
Adam? :D

Just guessing :)

I seriously doubt it has anything to do wih protecting the child, more like the press is not interested enough to find out and Larry has just not mentioned it.

I don't know anything about his children so they seem protected enough in my opinion. I can't see why he would make public 2 names and not the third. Maybe on the next album it will say.

I'll bet it's a little bit of both; they want to protect the child from publicity and the press really doesn't give a damn. With things like the troop build up in Iraq and the nuclear thing with North Korea going on the name of a celebrity's baby isn't crucial.

Larry only has 2 sons, his middle child is a girl. I guess they are just really private so they don't announce it. They might not even have told they had the kid but Bono annnounced it at the London show they did on Feb. 7, 2001.

U2Kitten said:
Larry only has 2 sons, his middle child is a girl. I guess they are just really private so they don't announce it. They might not even have told they had the kid but Bono annnounced it at the London show they did on Feb. 7, 2001.

Gosh, this just shows how much we don't know.:lol: You're right, one of the kids is a girl. So there's no third son, thus no name. :lol:

Bono, Bono always sayin' a lot of things that he shouldn't, if he never told us we wouldn't have this problem, but wait a minute, if Bono didn't told us we wouldn't know about this child mmmmh :shifty_eyes: well yes i think that we are givin' a lot of attention to this, after all some day we'll know it :lol:.

According to U2 - The Complete Encyclopedia by Mark Chatterton, Ann and Larry have a son called Elvis Aaron, a daughter called Ava and another son born in February 2001.

Last edited:
from atu2.com...

February 7, 2001: Bono announces birth of Larry and Anne's 3rd child

At the aforementioned London Astoria show, Bono announces to the crowd that Larry Mullen and his longtime partner Anne Acheson are parents for the third time. It's revealed days later by Dublin media that the child is a boy, Larry and Anne's second son.

Yeah, it's a boy. Maybe Bono does talk too much but I don't think birth announcements are exactly a horrible indiscretion. It's just a baby. If I were in a band I might be making birth announcements myself.

verte76 said:
Maybe Bono does talk too much but I don't think birth announcements are exactly a horrible indiscretion. It's just a baby. If I were in a band I might be making birth announcements myself.
I agree with you, but is fun imagine Larry's face
Bono: Yes, Larry and Anne became...
Larry: :no: ::thinkin':: please Bono don't say it.
Bono: parents for third time:yes:
Larry: nooooo! Ok whatever!

I think that it wasn't an indiscretion too, after all a baby is a reason to celebrate but Larry doesn't think the same he want to protect him of us (the crazy fans that are able to follow them until the end of the world :eeklaugh: ) and that's find is his son, and is better for a kid stay away for all that paparazzis and stuffs like that.

Re: from atu2.com...

Ultraviolet Light said:
February 7, 2001: Bono announces birth of Larry and Anne's 3rd child

At the aforementioned London Astoria show, Bono announces to the crowd that Larry Mullen and his longtime partner Anne Acheson are parents for the third time. It's revealed days later by Dublin media that the child is a boy, Larry and Anne's second son.

:up: aha! Thanks for digging that up, Ellen. I didn't know. :happy:

sam_hewsonu2 said:

I think that it wasn't an indiscretion too, after all a baby is a reason to celebrate but Larry doesn't think the same he want to protect him of us (the crazy fans that are able to follow them until the end of the world :eeklaugh: ) and that's find is his son, and is better for a kid stay away for all that paparazzis and stuffs like that.

Hmmm... I know sometimes we fans THINK we know what the band members think, but I feel it is rather presumptuous for us to assume anything about the band members' feelings. It is possible that at the time Bono made the announcement, a name hadn't been decided. Alternatively, maybe Bono actually did think about this and felt that announcing the birth - but not the child's name - was fine. Whatever reason, I'm sure the name will surface in time. :yes:

I like Larry but im not that interested in knowing all his childrens names :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom