Larry's Botox shots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Liesje said:

I guess I feel the complete opposite. I've seen my best friend waste away to nothing at age 20. Thankfully, she didn't care that her skin turned a weird color and half her hair fell out. We didn't care either. If she'd asked, I would have shaved my head and put iodine on my skin too. She was happy and enjoyed her time with her family.

I guess seeing someone so young endure so much, and someone like my dear gran with cancerous sores all over her face, still able to laugh and be fulfilled gives an entirely different perspective on the marginal significance of wrinkles, hair, and skin.

My cousin whom I loved very much also wasted away from cancer at a young age.(31) She was an especially beautiful blonde, and a very sweet person too. She bloated up and turned yellow and got spots all over (on top of being bald) before she died. It was terrible how she suffered.:(

In the end, we'll all be ugly, or rotten in the ground no matter what we look like, or a pile of ashes or dust.

But hey, while we're alive, why not make the best of it?;)

And as far as beauty being on the inside, I agree for people that you know. My Grandma always said 'beauty's skin deep and ugly's to the bone, beauty fades away but ugly stays on.' This is true. A person you know may actually seem better or worse looking to you based on how you see them because of the way they act.

But for the band members, we don't know them. Even if you met them for a minute, you don't really know them. They could be great guys or they could be complete assholes! :shrug:

and also, this IS PLEBA, if you think discussing looks is shallow what's the use of having a forum dedicated to looks and pictures?(and getting all those guys to make fun of us?)

I have a question for all you preachy people: do you think less of Larry if he DOES choose to use botox?

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

My cousin whom I loved very much also wasted away from cancer at a young age.(31) She was an especially beautiful blonde, and a very sweet person too. She bloated up and turned yellow and got spots all over (on top of being bald) before she died. It was terrible how she suffered.:(

In the end, we'll all be ugly, or rotten in the ground no matter what we look like, or a pile of ashes or dust.

But hey, while we're alive, why not make the best of it?;)

And as far as beauty being on the inside, I agree for people that you know. My Grandma always said 'beauty's skin deep and ugly's to the bone, beauty fades away but ugly stays on.' This is true. A person you know may actually seem better or worse looking to you based on how you see them because of the way they act.

But for the band members, we don't know them. Even if you met them for a minute, you don't really know them. They could be great guys or they could be complete assholes! :shrug:

and also, this IS PLEBA, if you think discussing looks is shallow what's the use of having a forum dedicated to looks and pictures?(and getting all those guys to make fun of us?)

I have a question for all you preachy people: do you think less of Larry if he DOES choose to use botox?

Nope cos he looks fantastic!:drool: :combust: :faint:

If I ever met him in person I would surely :faint:

Wow Sicy, I too have avoided this thread until now b/c I thought it said botox shorts.

I don't think he does use botox, only because I thought botox rids of all the wrinkles. I still see some on him, so if he does, then whoever hooked him up totally ripped him off.

I just wanna add that it is quite possible for people to age slowly. My students look older than I do. I got carded to see friggin Love Actually when it first came out. I STILL get carded whenever I order a drink, and I probably will until I'm well into my 40s.

I don't wear makeup, pluck, dye, or do any of that. I'm really not influnced by what the media tells me is beautiful. I don't think there is anything more beautiful than nature itself. Especially in its purest form.

Regardless of how U2 will look as they get older, they will continue to shine and be beautiful b/c hearts illuminate from within. And that is why PLEBA will exist until the end of time :wink:

Larry does have lines - mind you, he still does not look his age at all. Botox? Naaah!! this is Larry we are talking about, not some stuck-up Hollywood star. I must say tho-the mas has AMAZING skin. when my friend and I met him last year, our first comment afterwards was how great his skin looks. Crazy, I know - but the man had this *glow* about him.:drool:

BGD75 said:
Larry does have lines - mind you, he still does not look his age at all. Botox? Naaah!! this is Larry we are talking about, not some stuck-up Hollywood star. I must say tho-the mas has AMAZING skin. when my friend and I met him last year, our first comment afterwards was how great his skin looks. Crazy, I know - but the man had this *glow* about him.:drool:

Umm! We all know what makes your skin glow :ohmy:

Lucky lucky Ann :yes: :sigh:

the goal is soul

U2Kitten said:

do you think less of Larry if he DOES choose to use botox?

I don't think he has had botox. I wouldn't mind if he had either. Why should people think less of him anyway if he did? Everyone knows his age and botox isn't magically going to change that, it's not like he'd be doing it to fool anyone into thinking he's younger than he is or that his wrinkles just disappeared overnight. All sorts of creams are available that claim to reduce lines and wrinkles. If you have the money and wanted to do that with botox, fair enough.

At the age of six I wanted my father to dye his hair and buy a wig if he went bald because I didn't want to think about him getting older and leaving us, it wasn't about looks. I know I'll get older, I'll not look 22 when I'm 45 but that doesn't mean I shouldn't dye my hair or enjoy using lotions and potions if I want to.

Beauty is from the inside. I'm sure lots of folk can say that they are with someone who they would still find just as beautiful when they are 90 as they are today. And I'm sure when U2 are ancient they'll still be dribbling over them here in PLEBA too. :yes:

I think there's a difference between using the conventional methods like creams, lotions, going to the beauty salons, dying your hair, living a healthy lifestyle etc... and going overboard with cosmetic surgery, facelifts, botox shots etc. and yes, good genes can help with aging.
I think it's sad how the modern society is shallow and ALL about the looks.

I'd much rather look at someone like Catherine Denevue that ages gracefully than someone like Cher.

Re: the goal is soul

Lara Mullen said:

I don't think he has had botox. I wouldn't mind if he had either. Why should people think less of him anyway if he did? Everyone knows his age and botox isn't magically going to change that, it's not like he'd be doing it to fool anyone into thinking he's younger than he is or that his wrinkles just disappeared overnight. All sorts of creams are available that claim to reduce lines and wrinkles. If you have the money and wanted to do that with botox, fair enough.

I know I'll get older, I'll not look 22 when I'm 45 but that doesn't mean I shouldn't dye my hair or enjoy using lotions and potions if I want to.

That's what I was trying to say. It's up to you and no one should criticize someone for trying to keep up appearances. I don't think anything bad about him for using it, (if he does) I was just asking the 'preachy' people if they did since they seemed to be so against it. Obviously you are not one of them!

I also agree with U2girl that there is a difference between using just hair dye and wrinkle creams, and getting into plastic surgery. No one I know has had plastic surgery (well except one cousin and her boob job :giggle: ) It's just the stuff anyone can buy. I have to say though, if I had U2's money, I'd probably do whatever I could afford!:sexywink:

Of course it's a terrible thing to go too far like Michael Jackson! :no: Or even Ashlee Simpson! :yikes: and just think, they weren't even old, they just did it to change their looks!

Most of the older stars who have obviously done something to stay young (Marlo Thomas, William Shatner, Julie Andrews, etc.) look fine, but some go too far and look scary and fake. IMO poor Mary Tyler Moore is on the verge of a face meltdown of Michael Jackson proportions:tsk:

Last edited:
Melting, melting, melting.... :lmao: :rejectg: Sorry, had a Prince mo there..

Well, all I'm saying is this: The older woman who is healthy and glowing from knowing who she is is ever so much more attractive than the one who tries to fight off 'looking old before her time'. You only do that when you spend hella time worrying about what other people think about your looks. I mean, I see lots, and lots, and lots of thes 40 or 50 year old women who don't dye their hair, hide their wrinkles, or bemoan their age, and they're sexy as hell, way sexier than the ones who cling desperately to youth. They excercise, eat right, and don't give a flying monkey about people who tut tut 5 'extra' pounds. That lack of obsession and complete confidence is just..whoah. Try it, really..it's not as bad as you've been led to believe. I'm actually looking forward to turning fifty. And gray hair. Long, beautiful gray hair in locks. Of course, I'm also looking forward to menopause and the end of the stupid childbearing years....
If I could only donate my uterus to someone who wants it..:wink:

It's really hard for me to imagine Larry getting Botox shots. He's way too no-sensey for that. I'm not saying anything is wrong with Botox shots, it's just that it doesn't fit Larry's personality--or what I know of it.

So this thread has gone a little off course and gone into as areas that we've debated before! :|

But you know, dying one's hair isn't necessarily just about trying to fight off the ageing process! :huh: Some people, like myself (and Bono!), have been dying their hair ever since they were a teenagers, long before any grey hair started growing!! I was a blond, a brunette and now for the last 10 odd years I reverted to my natural hair colour of auburn red and just because I've started to grow a few grey hairs, I see no reason why I should stop doing it!?! :shrug: And when I do eventually turn 60 I'll properly start dying my hair a platinum blond, like my mum does and she's in her 70's! :)

Also I've been using moisturising lotions ever since in was a teenager and again, I see no reason why I should stop using them now just when my skin needs it the most!?! :huh: If fact I wouldn't be surprised if our guys used moisturizing lotions, there's all sorts of good products nowadays especially for men! :wink:

I mean, all through the human history, in many cultures around the world, have different ideas and methods of improving their personal appearance, it's nothing new!!

But to those of you who are quite comfortable your wrinkles and with letting your hair go grey, then more power to ya! :up:

Last edited:
I don't think Larry uses botox because when you have it done it frezzes the lines you can't smile well or frown .
They all have beautiful skin and look good for there age.
living in dublin not much sun there. uv rays are not high too.
Not like Australians a lot of us age quicky because we have high uv rays . Its important to look after skin by putting on sunblock.

U2Kitten said:

^ best post ever! It's so true. None of us here know them personally. We will never know if he has them or not or if he ever will get them. This thread is :coocoo: IMO. I don't understand the point of it. :shrug: I guess its just me.

Back
Top Bottom