Larry the actor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ms Lemon

Babyface
did anyone else see this??? I've been away from my computer the past couple of days.......

U2 drummer LARRY MULLEN is considering leaving the Irish band to become an actor.

The WITH OR WITHOUT YOU rocker is thrilled he's in the world famous group, but since his 43rd birthday he's been tempted by the challenge of pursuing an alternative career, before he's too old.

Mullen explains, "I might take on a new challenge of doing some acting. I like the idea of going to it late.

"But the band is all I've ever wanted, and I get paid for it. I don't want to sound smug, but I've got the best job in the world."

"But different things come into play now that we've all got families. We don't have the freedom we once had."

07/11/2004 14:24 contactmusic.com

I hope Larry's not going to get all the Ben Affleck parts once Ben's career is officially over

I would like to see Larry in the Daredevil outfit though if they made a sequel to that :D

I really can't see this having any validity... I mean, the man stays behind his drum kit & avoids papparrazzi for a reason, you know? He doesn't like all the fuss! Yet he's going to put up with the crap that actors go through??? I don't think so. Remember, the guy's got a wicked sense of humor -- I can easily see this being said HEAVY with sarcasm.

I think everyone should calm down. Even if he does do some acting, I'm sure it'll just be as a side project to the band. :)

jick said:
Mullen did a bad job in Electrical Storm.

Cheers,

J

812451b9.jpg

ecc1cd3f.jpg

a8a3a0fe.jpg

94c9f8d7.jpg

looks pretty good to me :shifty: :combust:

With you right there Kelly!

He was funny in the Comic Relief skit too - "I thought we were saving up to buy ... err.. Andorra?"

I can see him doing the odd cameo, just for fun - y'know, the henchman or third bikie from the left sort of thing. I hardly think we'll see him skip a tour to try Hamlet with the RSC.

:wink: ~Ultra

maybe when they tour australia, larry can try out for a part in home and away or even neighbours. :wink:

im sitting here in australia and its 11:00pm thursday night, so i havent seen the article that made the comment that larry was concidering acting, but i agree BluRmGrl in that its a comment that he has said for a joke. he has got a sence of humour that most australians can relate to.

crystal4470 said:
maybe when they tour australia, larry can try out for a part in home and away or even neighbours. :wink:

OMG! His acting isn't THAT bad!!!!

I still wouldn't watch the show, either.

:lmao: ~Ultra

PS - Bonoman! More sitcom, :hyper: - *runs to fanfic folder*

Back
Top Bottom