Larry: Poppin' Fresh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Due to Larry's button problem, I will now refer to him as Poppin' Fresh.

Post your Poppin' Fresh pics, ladies...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

Originally posted by Bonochick:

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
that is a great nickname Bonochick!
can't seem to find any pics with buttons though..
3333%3A36723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E54%3A%3E84%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D32323769%3B2%3C88nu0mrj

no buttons...
larry005.jpg

no buttons here either..
larry003.jpg

ditto!
U2_ZooTV_Larry_01.jpg

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
She is the dreamer...She's imagination

ALarry.jpg

What? I'll be known as What?

Poppin' Fresh!!!

LarryVanityfair.jpg

smile.gif

------------------
"Rhythm is the sex of music" - Edge

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by sparkys girl:

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
that is a great nickname Bonochick!
can't seem to find any pics with buttons though..
3333%3A36723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E54%3A%3E84%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D32323769%3B2%3C88nu0mrj

no buttons...
larry005.jpg

no buttons here either..
larry003.jpg

ditto!
U2_ZooTV_Larry_01.jpg

GAWD, he's hot. *HOT* poppin' fresh. RAWR.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Hey all... I have a question... my friend (who plays drums and thinks Larry is hot, too) and I were wondering something... I know that Larry wears a cross on his left ear - he's had it for years and it seems like it's the most prominent. I can never make out what he wears on his right, though. Is it a skull? That's what we thought it was... it's a little round ball. (ahem... minds out of the gutter, ladies...
biggrin.gif
)

Just wonderin'...

Moonie
biggrin.gif

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
"If a student with an accordion had come along, I would've played with them ya know...that was where I was at, I was that desperate to play with somebody."
(Larry, about his Mount Temple days, before forming U2)

*Larry, I played accordion. Can I have a drumstick?*
From the heart, on a blue sign, 11-18-01, Vegas

Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show no one else going to know
I'm wanting

(If You Wear That Velvet Dress)
Hit Gurl

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
larry005.jpg

OMG!!! *starts freakin out* Do I see FLANNEL?!?!? *faint*
biggrin.gif
By the way Moonie, I never have really figured the earring thing out as well...but a skull would be really cool!

Originally posted by Foadie:
OMG!!! *starts freakin out* Do I see FLANNEL?!?!? *faint*
biggrin.gif
By the way Moonie, I never have really figured the earring thing out as well...but a skull would be really cool!

And you know what's pathetic? I was standing *next* to him and I never bothered to look. Well, it wasn't that I didn't bother.... I was just er, discombobulated and it was all I could do not to drop anything on him.
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Still can't tell what that earring is...
iBE8BD722-4159-4761-B794-C0F43DD3A5E5.jpg

i9B38800B-26CB-47F4-8C42-B8F513B2A2A8.jpg

i6631854D-D03C-416E-81E3-60981D4EFA82.jpg

------------------
I had the loudest mouth. When we formed the group, I was the lead guitar player, singer and songwriter. Nobody talked back at first. But then they talked me out of being lead guitar player and into being the rythm guitar player and into just being the singer. And then they tried to talk me out of being the singer and into being the manager. But I held on to that. Arrogance may have been the reason. - Bono

As a vehicle it has its limitations: it probably wouldn't get you to work and back. But it could make someone a fantastic cocktail bar. - Edge on the lemon

One of my faves...

Ruth_Larrybday.jpg

Oh my! I have noticed in a couple of recent pics that he's been wearing those braces on his arms...I hope it doesn't mean anything serious! I would love love love to hug Mr Poppin Fresh and make all his hurts go away!

------------------
And your earth moves beneath
Your own dream landscape

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

I couldn't resist the title of this thread and just had to stop in.

I have a PoP era poster where the right earring looks like a skull. The earring is very noticeable, but even up close, it's hard to tell. Still, I'm guessing skull.

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Originally posted by hippyactress:
Oh my! I have noticed in a couple of recent pics that he's been wearing those braces on his arms...I hope it doesn't mean anything serious! I would love love love to hug Mr Poppin Fresh and make all his hurts go away!

Me, too... his left arm is what gives him problems - tendonitis.
frown.gif

Thanks, HeartlandGirl for the info... I'm almost positive it's a skull, too... but I'll have to dig around for a picture that's up close to his right ear.
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

If no one figures it out, I guess I could always scan part of my poster. But at this time of night, I think it would be a logistical nightmare trying to scan such a huge thing without ruining the poster.

Maybe tomorrow when I'm more coherent. Just let me know.

Heehee. I said, "huge thing."
wink.gif

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

What a beautiful thread! Will post pics later (when I'm not all stupid from too much beer!)
wink.gif

------------------
I've been walking Central Park
Singing after dark
People think I'm crazy

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
OH my heavens @ this thread.

i9512AA96-0A0E-4C4E-855D-344AC6D00C1A.jpg

DAMN, that pics is nice!

Sicy, how am I supposed to sleep now! Damn, all the pics you posted =
icon26.gif

------------------
"Rhythm is the sex of music" - Edge

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl:
If no one figures it out, I guess I could always scan part of my poster. But at this time of night, I think it would be a logistical nightmare trying to scan such a huge thing without ruining the poster.

Maybe tomorrow when I'm more coherent. Just let me know.

Heehee. I said, "huge thing."
wink.gif

LOL! Could you try Heartland Girl? I'm so curious now! I can't remember, but I think there was once an interview and he said something like "the cross represents my spiritual side, the good side if there is one, (hehe bad boy) and the other earring (grrrrr he didnt say what it was!!!) represents my BAD side"
redface.gif
tongue.gif

*sigh*

Hottie Fever strikes again...anyone else wish they were with Larry tonight?

*sigh*

------------------
Your own dream landscape

Originally posted by Foadie:
LOL! Could you try Heartland Girl? I'm so curious now! I can't remember, but I think there was once an interview and he said something like "the cross represents my spiritual side, the good side if there is one, (hehe bad boy) and the other earring (grrrrr he didnt say what it was!!!) represents my BAD side"
redface.gif
tongue.gif

Actually, I'm almost positive it's a skull now... I just saw a picture that was pretty dang close and it certainly looked like a skull to me.

i05CE0CCE-871C-4A16-B4A0-CB010BC14E9F.jpg

i794AB67B-9B8E-42C5-9691-2F4FC40908D3.jpg

iF71A258D-BF92-4BF5-90EC-E44E44DF3E2E.jpg

Moonie
biggrin.gif

larry215.jpg

larry21.jpg

larry500.jpg

Another shot of the earrings...
larry296.jpg

Poppin' fresh!
larry263.jpg

------------------
I've been walking Central Park
Singing after dark
People think I'm crazy

well if we are all still confused as to what that other earring is that he is wearing, I will be more than happy to volunteer to do an up close personal exam of his ears to provide us all an answer about his mystery earring.
wink.gif

*drifts off to fantasy mullenland*

oh yeah, here are some more of Mr. Poppin Fresh...

i66E52061-E17F-4404-9C2B-6F300D320A0E.jpg

i362FA9E5-819D-45BA-BAB7-04D9CD0AB0BF.jpg

i6C0B0DB7-2217-471E-9FF9-40240D359F03.jpg

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 01-12-2002).]

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 01-12-2002).]

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
well if we are all still confused as to what that other earring is that he is wearing, I will be more than happy to volunteer to do an up close personal exam of his ears to provide us all an answer about his mystery earring.
wink.gif

*drifts off to fantasy mullenland*

Oh yeah... I'd be willing to help out and be your handy-dandy, neato-burrito assistant, what with having to get up close and personal, Larry tends to get a bit no-nonsense. RAWR. I just *love* that about him.

I remember laying down resting in line at LA3... it was about 3:00 in the afternoon and I was delirious... however, I was coherent enough to defend Larry's personality to a girl in our group who thought Larry was a big turn-off because of his attitude. I told her that's just the way he is, thankyouverymuch, and he's a really nice guy in person (even if he is a bit intimidating) - I mean, hadn't she *seen* the Rattle & Hum video? Or how about the VH1 pre-show??? Where he's sitting there making a dig at Adam and being silly? I just love that in a guy. A sense of humor instead of some dried up old piece of charr sitting in a chair doing nothin'. BOOOORRRRRINNNNNNGGGG.
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif

how about you take the ear with the cross earring, while i take care of his "bad" side.
wink.gif

Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks:
Oh yeah... I'd be willing to help out and be your handy-dandy, neato-burrito assistant, what with having to get up close and personal, Larry tends to get a bit no-nonsense. RAWR. I just *love* that about him.

I gotta agree with you there. i love that quality that Larry has in a guy. I guess because in a way i am sorta like that too.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks:
I remember laying down resting in line at LA3... it was about 3:00 in the afternoon and I was delirious... however, I was coherent enough to defend Larry's personality to a girl in our group who thought Larry was a big turn-off because of his attitude. I told her that's just the way he is, thankyouverymuch, and he's a really nice guy in person (even if he is a bit intimidating) - I mean, hadn't she *seen* the Rattle & Hum video? Or how about the VH1 pre-show??? Where he's sitting there making a dig at Adam and being silly? I just love that in a guy. A sense of humor instead of some dried up old piece of charr sitting in a chair doing nothin'. BOOOORRRRRINNNNNNGGGG.
biggrin.gif

Moonie
biggrin.gif
[/B]

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
i6C0B0DB7-2217-471E-9FF9-40240D359F03.jpg

O_O

*faints*

No buttons...tummy...yummy arms....smile...

All I have to say is

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

------------------
Your own dream landscape

Back
Top Bottom