Larry in World AIDS Day spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Um, Justin, Adam is the one who looks the oldest, and not just b/c he was the guy in the band who wasn't good-looking in the first place. You KNOW I'm right:)

But having met Larry briefly at Madison Sq Garden in 2005 (briefly yes,
but I don't think my brain cells have recovered yet, and probably never will) I have to say Justin is partly right. The NYC waitress who described Larry as looking like "David Beckham's heroin-addicted older brother" in her blog is spot-on. There's an awful lot of Hollywood make-up and stage lighting in that ad. And yes, he does dye his hair--I saw a tiny bit of gray in his temples at MSG where he was clearly due for another hair appointment! It's poignant to say the least, seeing Larry finally age--he who was the ageless one just 6 yrs ago. But there is divine justice in these things I suppose. I only hope he doesn't have something personal going on that is fueling this.

But darn it, DO WE CARE? His body is virtually unchanged--which is more than you can say for any of the other guys at this point:drool: :drool: It'll be quite a while yet before he morphs into his dad--who in that book looked adorable in his old age--a dapper little dude you can tell must have killed the ladies in his day.

In terms of aging, (if you guys are going to get so clinical about this, which I normally don't!) here's how I rate them, from best to worst

Larry
Edge
Bono
Adam

Edge and Larry balance each other out--Larry's face has aged but his figure is the same. Edge has to watch out for the ol'-love handles a bit:wink: but other wise he's as hot as ever. Which is funny b/c if you gals measure aging by a face, you'd think Edge would look the worst, he's had the most to deal with personally this decade, that we know of (poor Sian.) But I'd love to know what is up with Larry....

Anyway, I hope this will make you guys take a break of discussing aging to death. Really, it gets to be a bit much, and I'm not knocking anyone I promise:)

As for the ad.....it was so sweet of Larry to do this. I wonder if B talked him into it though--not b/c Larry's heart isn't into it, but b/c he's not the "public" sort of guy, as we know. So great to see him!

Of course he's aging. Watch the ATYCLB era videos and look at Bomb videos, especially OOTS. Up until the last album he was the youngest looking, but now I'd say Edge takes the top spot in that department.

Bono aged between 1993-1997, looked about the same from 2000-2004 and I think the short hair+no shades(+shaving on a more regular basis) is helping the last few years.

Unlike most guys, grey hair actually works well with Adam, and moreso wearing the lenses (or did he have eye surgery?).

Last edited:
Justin24 said:
Well you do know I did burn the documentary to outside it's America from the DVD. (VIdeo) http://profile.imeem.com/zjgCbu-/video/jG4nM40X/u2_outside_its_america_music_video/

you can always email me at marine22@sbcglobal.net if you want the video file so you can put it on your ipod.

OOH! That's why? I'm thick and was wondering why I'd want a copy of a video I already have. So I can have U2 to go!!! With a little aging Larry on the side. :wink:

I will def. hit you up for that when I get home.

Teta040 said:
Um, Justin, Adam is the one who looks the oldest, and not just b/c he was the guy in the band who wasn't good-looking in the first place. You KNOW I'm right:)

Yeah, usually they put the ugly one behind the drum kit! *ducks to avoid being hit with soggy paper towels thrown by Adam's girls*

And yes, he does dye his hair--I saw a tiny bit of gray in his temples at MSG where he was clearly due for another hair appointment!

I KNEW it!! Why? Most men look good with a little grey? Rock stars are so vain!

But darn it, DO WE CARE? His body is virtually unchanged--which is more than you can say for any of the other guys at this point:drool: :drool: It'll be quite a while yet before he morphs into his dad--who in that book looked adorable in his old age--a dapper little dude you can tell must have killed the ladies in his day.

Amen to that, sistah.

As for the ad.....it was so sweet of Larry to do this. I wonder if B talked him into it though--not b/c Larry's heart isn't into it, but b/c he's not the "public" sort of guy, as we know. So great to see him!
:wink:

I wouldn't necessarily think B talked him into it. Larry did the Oscar Wilde thing and the motorcycle safety thing. He was also at the anti-war protests (not "public" but still openly voicing his opinion) so I think he just chooses very carefully when and how to make public appearances.

God love 'im. :drool:

Heh. Larry probably will look like his dad. I dunno, he looks sort of gaunt and tired in that particular vid, but he's looked like that before. Maybe he hasn't been eating much lately.

I know a few girls here who would willingly force more food down his gullet. :evil:

Of course, I would have to demonstrate my awesome force-feed restraint skillz.

(let's face it, I'm just looking for an excuse. I'm sure Larry eats regularly. :evil: )

Back
Top Bottom