Larry As The U2 Singer?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Would you like if Larry became the singer withboth Bono and The Edge? I love Bono with all of my heart but I think Larry would be a good singer! I love the way it is and I not want it to change but I wouldn't mind if Bono is the main singer while Larry sings once as much as The Edge does. But no one can beat Bono beautiful voice!~ I believe The Edge has a marvelous voice, too!~

Last edited:
Here's a cute pic!! I love Bono's smirk!!

LarryMic.jpg

Larry: Finally I am in charge!
Larry: I love to sing!

Bono: Isn't he the cutest thing you have ever seen?

Last edited:
There's another one of Bono sitting at the drums and a ZOO era one too. But I can't find them, I'm sure they're on my old compuupter :grumpy:

I've heard Larry sing. He sounds like a pirate, growling out sea shanties. :laugh:

Edge has a lovely voice, and could probably take over for Bono if his voice gives out during a performance (as has happened in the past). I definitely wouldn't mind hearing Edge sing lead on a new song. But it wouldn't be U2 without Bono's passionate vocals. :heart: :bono:

I've heard Larry sing, and believe me, you wouldn't want him to be the lead singer. I love him to death, but singing is not exactly Larry's forte! :laugh: :laugh:

:hmm:

Larry sounds like he would be great in a noisy pub but I'm not sure if U2 could ever make a career out of Irish drinking songs :wink:

And yes, a pirate is exactly what comes to mind for me too!! :laugh:

I've never heard Larry sing before, but I know if he were to become the lead singer and Bono took over the drums or something, it'd take quite a bit of time to get used to. I love Bono's voice, and I think Larry's a fantastic drummer, and I'd miss hearing them doing what they've always done. I'd check it out though, just for curiosity's sake. :).

As for Edge...well, he has sang on a few songs of theirs already, and Bono does play guitar, so that wouldn't be such a change if they were to switch places.

Angela

U2Kitten said:
There's another one of Bono sitting at the drums and a ZOO era one too. But I can't find them, I'm sure they're on my old compuupter :grumpy:

I'm not giving up yet, even if you have!! Give me a week or so and I'll get you some instructions and/or software.

If you want to hear Larry sing, check out on the "Unforgettable Fire" documentary. He reminded me of a really bad lounge act, singing on that one. Not that would stop me from going to see him perform!

Does that happen anymore where Bono plays the drums? I don't want it to change but I would like to see it just for fun.

Last edited:
marik said:
what concert is that that bono got behind the drum kit? did he play anything?
Providence, Rhode Island, USA, October 31, 2001. I was there, in the heart. :heart:

He tapped the cymbals, and Larry said, "The good news is, Bono can't play the drums."

I love the way Larry sings! :cute: I think it's absolutely adorable! I have like all the songs (back at home :( ) Tequila Sunrise, Dirty Old Town, Whiskey in the Jar, Wild Rover, Twist and Shout

Yep i would like to see our Larry sing with the others, cos i think he is left out abit :huh:

Someone throw him a mic

In the U2 site, U2.Exit, you can actually hear songs of U2 playin' live! On one of them the pitrate{Larry} sang, I'm sorry but it was beautiful! :cute:

Back
Top Bottom