Larry Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
larscoverUF1.jpg

Larry was my favorite for 15 years :love:

Until I found out he hates cats :madspit:

He's still hot though :shifty: :combust:

Sicy said:

He does? :( :down: I admit, that is the one thing that would turn me against Bono too, I don't want to know. I mean, it's one thing just to not want them around, or to like dogs better, but not to 'hate' them :sad:

Where did you hear that, I heard once that he had a pet cat. Well, I'm hoping it's not true.

U2Kitten said:

He does? :( :down: I admit, that is the one thing that would turn me against Bono too, I don't want to know. I mean, it's one thing just to not want them around, or to like dogs better, but not to 'hate' them :sad:

Where did you hear that, I heard once that he had a pet cat. Well, I'm hoping it's not true.

:scratch: Was it in the Sunday Times article?

I remember Larry was afraid of a little fluffy kitten in France. He said he had a traumatic experience with a cat as a child :hug:

edit: U2Girl1978 is right, it was Blender :up:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

I think it was Blender magazine where he was eyeing a cat and when the cat went near him he screamed like a girl... :lol:

I had a traumatic experience with a dog when I was little but I got over it. It's not fair to blame all of a species for what one did. And no animal is meaner than a human :mad: but even though some people suck so bad you can't hate them all.

So he's AFRAID of them is he? :hmm: I have an idea. I'll get my 5 and charge at him, and he can run screaming away- right into the waiting arms of the PLEBA Larry girls! ;)

I used to like cats until the old lady across the streets eight cats started using my flower bed for their outhouse. We can't sit on one of our decks in the summer because of the stench.

kellyahern said:

Worf could do it, Worf is fierce :lol:
342%3A6%3B8323232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3236%3E692%3E7%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3232556%3A88%3C83nu0mrj

That looks like my late cat Buster. He was an 18 pound Siamese. I had a 12 pound dog at the same time and the cat loved to beat the crap out of him.:|

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

Worf could do it, Worf is fierce :lol:
342%3A6%3B8323232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3236%3E692%3E7%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3232556%3A88%3C83nu0mrj

:lol: Good idea! :up: Get ready girls here he comes!

Granny please don't blame all cats because of your neighbor. I'm trying hard not to hate all humans because of some of my neighbors :sigh:

U2Kitten said:

:lol: Good idea! :up: Get ready girls here he comes!

Granny please don't blame all cats because of your neighbor. I'm trying hard not to hate all humans because of some of my neighbors :sigh:

I don't hate them. I'm just not too fond of them at the moment.

:larry: :hug: I've been reading lots of threads all over the place in response to this. He's repaired so much of the damage done, and is personally involved in making sure the next lot of presales goes smoother. Love him.

On the cats front - I figure that I can't stand kids, he is afraid of cats.... I'm happy to call it even. :wink:

Now onto some pics .. can't not have this one, overused as it is!

blendercrop_larry.jpg

EleLarryairport_Uncutmag.jpg

larrymullen.jpg

Sicy said:

I was quite sad to read that, too. :sigh: Judging by his reaction to the cat, I'm guessing it's more like a phobia than an actual hatred (I'm not a psychiatrist, so this is merely MHO). If he hated cats (as opposed to being scared of them), he would've kicked the kitty rather than screaming.

U2Kitten said:
I had a traumatic experience with a dog when I was little but I got over it. It's not fair to blame all of a species for what one did.

True, but phobias are, by definition, irrational. A trained professional counselor should be able to help him overcome his ailurophobia.

And BTW, the Edge has a cat. :) So all is not lost in the U2 camp! :D

Larry makes me giggle like a little kid hahahaha. But gosh, ever shy-private larry made a public statement about it, go larry!!!!

All the pictures GREAT.. my friend has this thing for Mr Mullen so yeah

Back
Top Bottom