Lardence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i don't know about lardence but i thought that reg was just a shortened/nickname of a nickname for edge...edge/reg....it rhymes.....at least that's how i thought i heard it. :shrug:

Sweet Tart said:
i don't know about lardence but i thought that reg was just a shortened/nickname of a nickname for edge...edge/reg....it rhymes.....at least that's how i thought i heard it. :shrug:

Here's my take on it: I'm not 100% sure because I'm not Larry and I've never asked him why (and if I did have that opportunity, I seriously doubt he'd give me a straight answer - knowing his sly sense of humor)... but if I did and he gave me a straight answer, I think it would be just a twist on his real name - Lawrence. Bono is goofy that way. The same goes for Edge - people have mistakenly called Edge "Ledge" and "Reg". I kid you not: I know people have mistakenly called Edge "Ledge". :D Bono being the goofy one probably made the deliberate mistake of calling Edge "Redge" and it stuck. :D

Moonie :D

moon_is_playing_tricks said:

Here's my take on it: I'm not 100% sure because I'm not Larry and I've never asked him why (and if I did have that opportunity, I seriously doubt he'd give me a straight answer - knowing his sly sense of humor)... but if I did and he gave me a straight answer, I think it would be just a twist on his real name - Lawrence. Bono is goofy that way. The same goes for Edge - people have mistakenly called Edge "Ledge" and "Reg". I kid you not: I know people have mistakenly called Edge "Ledge". :D Bono being the goofy one probably made the deliberate mistake of calling Edge "Redge" and it stuck. :D

Moonie :D

:happy: :yes: :happy: I like that explanation!

Here I always thought larry was just the short version of Lardence! and the reg name was just another nickname for Edge! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
one day Someone is gonna have to ask Larry and Edge for an explaination about those names.....then again they might tell us to just go ask Bono since he's responsible for the names LOL

i was reading bill flanagan's book at the end of the world, and they said that reg came from a variation of edge because his nickname got so famous. i don't know if this helps any but that is what the book said. maybe it's to keep it more of a personal thing ya know

I know that about Lardence: *is proud* Just learnt it. It is a very slangy and Dooblin pronounciated word for Lawrence. Doobliners often say Lardence to Lawrence...........I'm good,eh? :lol: But that's the truth. :yes:

FallingStar said:
I know that about Lardence: *is proud* Just learnt it. It is a very slangy and Dooblin pronounciated word for Lawrence. Doobliners often say Lardence to Lawrence...........I'm good,eh? :lol: But that's the truth. :yes:

Oh, I see how that works! (fakes very unconvincing Irish accent) Lardence... Lardence, LardenceLardenceLardence...

FallingStar said:

Ohhhhh. SO that explains why DOOOBLINers instead of "lucky charms" say "ducky clams".
I get it.

Dubliners- "We don't say Ducky Clams."
Stephanie- "I know, I just made it up"
Dubliners- "you're a stupid wanker"
Stephanie- "Ha, like it's the first time I've been called that"

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

*BOOMCHAA!* said:
Ohhhhh. SO that explains why DOOOBLINers instead of "lucky charms" say "ducky clams".
I get it.

Dubliners- "We don't say Ducky Clams."
Stephanie- "I know, I just made it up"
Dubliners- "you're a stupid wanker"
Stephanie- "Ha, like it's the first time I've been called that"

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Maybe that's the reason, yes. :laugh:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
on the making of the UF video there was a part where Eno or Lanois called Larry "Lardence"...Bono and Edge were on the couch and laughed and wondered if that is what he said and how the name would be spelled. That is where I have always assumed the nick came from. :shrug:
Well, my Dooblin friend - hey love! :happy: - told me what I said above......can be wrong, but he insists on this version of the story....

I like the one about the Dooblin accent.

Or maybe it was just some non-english speaker pronouncing Larrys name wrong....

but then again, some people say that Doobliners don?t speak english :D

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
on the making of the UF video there was a part where Eno or Lanois called Larry "Lardence"...Bono and Edge were on the couch and laughed and wondered if that is what he said and how the name would be spelled. That is where I have always assumed the nick came from. :shrug:

Way to go girlie!!!!!:up: That is absolutely right....It is in the UF video and it's so hilarious seeing Bono and Edge trying to spell it :D

Back
Top Bottom