Ladies what would you make your favourite band member for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yahweh

Rock n' Roll Doggie
If you had a date with your favourite band member for dinner what would you make them and how would you serve it? Be creative I want to see how creative the female fan of U2 is!

can't cook, but I've got soul!

i'll go for a pizza with potatoes and tons of beer!

Well, my bloke is vegetarian and mad on low fat everything, so just about everything in the house is Larry friendly. (except for my stash of chicken kievs & steak in the freezer for when he's not home for dinner LOL!) Not that the other boys aren't welcome too of course - if they were busting to chow on flesh, I'd let them raid my kiev stash. :yes:

Since I don't really know what he likes, I'd have some quick backups handy (you can do a lot in a hurry with a bag of frozen veggies, some pasta, cheese & some eggs LOL)

However:

Starter - Spicy mozzarella & rice balls with garlic aeoli. Or herb bread & dips if Larry is anti garlic.

Main - zucchini quiche and a big chunky salad which is kind of related to Greek salad but with loads of extras like mushrooms, tofu, eggs, croutons, several types of cheese etc.

If he's still capable of dessert I'd go really light, probably just fruit/cheese/nibbles platter & coffee etc.

How would I serve it? :eyebrow: Er - on plates, and on the table. Wouldn't do anything too fancy, and I don't have any Elvis plates (wouldn't that be priceless, serving him dinner on a collectable! :eeklaugh:) or Harley hubcaps to impress him with.

So you hungry yet? :wink: ~Ultra

Aw, hell, Lady Luck, I like your idea better, much less work!

We lost our good pizza shop about a year ago, we only have pizza once every few months now when we get desperate. And it's crap.

:sad: ~Ultra

UltraVelvet said:
Aw, hell, Lady Luck, I like your idea better, much less work!

We lost our good pizza shop about a year ago, we only have pizza once every few months now when we get desperate. And it's crap.

:sad: ~Ultra

if you'll ever be in Milan, write me!

I'd love to - my man's family are from Trieste, I'm always nagging him to take me to Italy for a holiday - all I ever get is bloody New Zealand! :laugh:

Ciao ~Ultra

first some mozzarella with tomatoes, pesto out of basilikum and walnuts and balsamico vinegar. then some pizza-bread with ajoli (is it called the same way in english :huh: ?) followed by some pasta with tomatoes, pinekernels and some meat (like gyros but smaller) :drool: . after that some walnut-icecreem :drool: !

how i would serve it? well, dunno. some candles in the middle of the table and maybe some flowers.

We would drive down to the beach and sit on the sand under the moonlight, watching the waves roll in.

As for food, we'd have a picnic basket filled with all kinds of goodies. I don't know what exactly, because I don't know what he likes. Dessert would be strawberries dipped in chocolate, and there would be wine -- but not red, because he's allergic to red wine. :wink:

I would let Adam cook, after all HE made a chef training a few months ago, no? :adam:

Now I've got to take a look at the fridge, your posts made me so hungry..:ohmy:

Bono. I can cook.
After taking that match test, I don't think that we would have time to eat, but I would cook anything he wanted to.

I can't choose just one of them to cook for, I would like to cook for all of them. Since I don't know what they like to eat I would make my favorites. I would start the meal off with a marinated beef carpaccio, and then I would serve my favorite, artichokes with butter garlic sauce. For the entree I would have the choice of stuffed porkloin...this thing is to die for, or stuffed manicotti. For dessert I would have chocolate cake topped with a white chocolate mousse, this thing is so incredibly rich and delicious.

UltraVelvet said:
Well, my bloke is vegetarian and mad on low fat everything, so just about everything in the house is Larry friendly. (except for my stash of chicken kievs & steak in the freezer for when he's not home for dinner LOL!) Not that the other boys aren't welcome too of course - if they were busting to chow on flesh, I'd let them raid my kiev stash. :yes:

Since I don't really know what he likes, I'd have some quick backups handy (you can do a lot in a hurry with a bag of frozen veggies, some pasta, cheese & some eggs LOL)

However:

Starter - Spicy mozzarella & rice balls with garlic aeoli. Or herb bread & dips if Larry is anti garlic.

Main - zucchini quiche and a big chunky salad which is kind of related to Greek salad but with loads of extras like mushrooms, tofu, eggs, croutons, several types of cheese etc.

If he's still capable of dessert I'd go really light, probably just fruit/cheese/nibbles platter & coffee etc.

How would I serve it? :eyebrow: Er - on plates, and on the table. Wouldn't do anything too fancy, and I don't have any Elvis plates (wouldn't that be priceless, serving him dinner on a collectable! :eeklaugh:) or Harley hubcaps to impress him with.

So you hungry yet? :wink: ~Ultra

Yum...what time should I be there? :)

Well....

I can cook,Italian, spanish and southern food.Hard to decide, so i figured I'd introduce Larry to a good Southern meal.

Collard greens, Black eyed peas and cornbread (with lots of butter of course) and for dessert a heapful of strawberries served with lots of whipped cream.

Why this kind of meal you ask? well, it helps that my wonderful and very generous father-in-law grows most of these things (with the exception of the whipped cream and cornbread) in his loveley garden.Believe me, we never suffer for veggies around here!:wink:

BonoBabe40 said:

Yum...what time should I be there? :)

Next Tuesday if I start right now BB40, that's a lot of cooking for me! :wink:

Mmmmm... walnut ice cream? YUM! This is a dangerous thread! :hyper: I'm heading over the Theedgefan's, and then stopping by Clementine Rose's place for cake on the way home. OK?

Cheers ~Ultra

I would drive them all to McDonalds and make them all order off the dollar menu.....:wink:

I think that would actually be a blast!!! Then I would give them rides on my motor cycle, after that we would go muddin'...Then cow tippin'...................:shifty:

....come'on its Vermont, got to show em how we live here....:wink:

ah hemm....just kidding on the cow tipping people....we really don't do that.........

I would still like to take them to Mc Donalds though.....but if they refused to go I would take them about 10 miles on this back road, completly lined with 100 yr old oak trees, on it sits an old Vt bed and breakfast which is really good (but really expensive), we would sit on the glass porch and watch the sun set over the Adirondack Mtn's in NY. That's how spectacular the view is there...(they are about 100 miles away)

Oyster, Shrimp, Crab, Lobster Cocktail for appetizers.

Chicken Kiev, Avocado Salad, basmati rice and white wine for dinner. I would probably have Heineken, Jack Daniels, and Guinness ready in case I had more requests for drinks.

Creme broulee for dessert.

*I learned how to make Chicken Kiev because I heard it was one of Bono's favourite meals, I noticed someone else had Chicken Kiev in their list, is this rumour true???

Back
Top Bottom