Know what I'm thinking just now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youvedonewhat

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Just got to thinking, you know what I'd like to do right now, at this minute?

I'd like to meet up with Bono in some quiet little cafe somewhere and share a pot of tea with him. And I'd like to ask him who he is, who HE is, not just who we think we know. I'd not be interested in his personal/private life but how he sees things, how he looks at things and what makes him laugh/cry, what winds him up and what gets him excited....

....Yeah, I'd just like a chat.

Anyone got any other ideas?

I would like to work with Bono on something. be it musical or humanitarian. Have bad days and good days and accomplish something (or any of the other band members)

^ oh a museum with Edge!!!

I met Bono in a pub with Bob back in 1999, that was very laid back and normal, was great!. But at the time I was 13, so couldn't hold a good conversation lol. Damn I wish i could meet him again and talk him to death about Africa!

Chickadee and moi will meet them when we go to Dublin! Oh yes!
:drool:

Last edited:
chickadee said:
I want to go to a museum with Edge.
:lmao: He'd take you straight to the exhibition on owl droppings, and stay there til the museum closed. :tongue:
(Yes, of coarse they have exhibitions on owl droppings. Duh. :rolleyes: )

I don't know what I'd like to do..... A road trip across, um, somewhere interesting.

I'd take Edge and Bono for a tour of my university - show them how we learn to make "Miracle Drugs"! :wink:

I'd take them both with me, because :edge: - 'the scientist in the family' - would probably love a tour of all our different labs :nerd: :giggle:, and :bono:... well, I'd think that he would find it interesting with some more insight in the process of making pharmaceuticals in relation to his work with Africa...

:)

I'd like to spend a day with Bono. A day doing.. normal things I suppose:

- go to a movie theater or something
- afterwards eat lunch at a fastfood place, make talk
- go bowling or something
- take a walk in the park
- etc.

just to see how he acts when he does normal things. not when he's all riled up to talk to other celebrities or big people.

youtooellen said:
I'd like to spend a day with Bono. A day doing.. normal things I suppose:

- go to a movie theater or something
- afterwards eat lunch at a fastfood place, make talk
- go bowling or something
- take a walk in the park
- etc.

just to see how he acts when he does normal things. not when he's all riled up to talk to other celebrities or big people.

Yeah, be nice to see how he is with us 'ordinary' folk...

youvedonewhat said:
Just got to thinking, you know what I'd like to do right now, at this minute?

I'd like to meet up with Bono in some quiet little cafe somewhere and share a pot of tea with him. And I'd like to ask him who he is, who HE is, not just who we think we know. I'd not be interested in his personal/private life but how he sees things, how he looks at things and what makes him laugh/cry, what winds him up and what gets him excited....

....Yeah, I'd just like a chat.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Just a suggestion: The closest you could get to that in real life, is pick up the book "Bono: In Conversation with Michka Assayas", get a pot of tea ready, snuggle with a warm blanket in your favorite chair, take the phone off the hook and read away. It's an awesome "conversation!!" :cute:

Well, since we are fantasizing here, if i could, i'd love to go back in time when Bono and Ali were in Ethiopia for 6 weeks, and work with them, side by side, sharing these incredibly experiences with them. What better way to get to know them? Being an rn, this experience would have been meaningful in so many ways!

MrsDarcy said:
^ oh a museum with Edge!!!

I met Bono in a pub with Bob back in 1999, that was very laid back and normal, was great!. But at the time I was 13, so couldn't hold a good conversation lol. Damn I wish i could meet him again and talk him to death about Africa!

Chickadee and moi will meet them when we go to Dublin! Oh yes!
:drool:

Hehe I think he'd be so cute going round all the exhibits. ;)

Yes, we will indeedy! And kidnap them, sorry ladies.

I'm afraid Dublin trip might have to be pushed back a couple of months though, lol! Money is bad atm. :( I will discuss it with you soon though! We'll go, no matter what!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah............

2 major things........

1] having a long conversation about.....music/r&r, art, the USA, traveling, world affairs--- since i'm pretty knowledgeable about all this-- i think i could hold my own over a leisurely dinner.

2] being a long-time native New Yorker...I'd love to take him to some places in Manhattan and the other borroughs that he's A} wanted to visit, but hasn't, B} to places he didn't know about till i told him & that he'd want to see.....

Back
Top Bottom