Kite in Slane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AM

Refugee
I finally got my Slane boot and I listened to it on my way to college this morning.

I tell you, the second I put the disk in my cd-player it felt like I was back in Slane. The emotions, the excitement, everything was there.

And when it came to Kite, tears were running down my cheaks again. Just like they did in Slane. You remember that Bob?s funeral was just the day before.

Thank you Bono for sharing this moment with us!!!

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I just got my Slane disc yesterday - I put it in - lots of crowd noise - not the best boot, but I love it 'cause it sounds just like it sounded to me there!

biggrin.gif

During Kite I was thinking this is where all the torches go up in the air...

Can I go again? Please?

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Where, where??? I want one as well!!!

The only version I've heard of is a really, really bad one where the guy recording it keps naming the songs and from what album and stuff so I didn't want that version.

Please, tell me where I can get a copy!!

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Where, where??? I want one as well!!!

I ordered mine from the boot shop in Dublin. Took a bit of a risk, when I payed cash beforehand, but it paid off.

If you can?t get it I can make a copy 4 you.

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by AM:
I ordered mine from the boot shop in Dublin. Took a bit of a risk, when I payed cash beforehand, but it paid off.

If you can?t get it I can make a copy 4 you.

Was it Rythm Records?
I have their address and phone and will probably order the first London show on video as well from them.
So the quality is good? No screaming idiot in the ear?? LOL

How much was it?

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Was it Rythm Records?
How much was it?

yes, that?s the one. They are pretty good. I think it was 20 punds (I ordered more than this one)

the quality is not great. you?ve got screaming fans from time to time, but for me, it?s a great memory. That?s why I got it. Brings me back to Slane...

Crzy, if you?re ever going on a time travel, can I come??? august 25th

------------------

Originally posted by AM:
yes, that?s the one. They are pretty good. I think it was 20 punds (I ordered more than this one)

the quality is not great. you?ve got screaming fans from time to time, but for me, it?s a great memory. That?s why I got it. Brings me back to Slane...

Crzy, if you?re ever going on a time travel, can I come??? august 25th

Oki, I will hold on for a little more. I have some great connections through some collectorfans here in Sweden and they find _anything_ in perfect quality if I just have the patience to wait. Which I right now doubt I have....
biggrin.gif
Well, I have both Swedish shows now to live on, that brings me back as well....

Time travel?? Take me with you as well, one special moment I really want to relive is the first notes to A sort of homecoming, you know when you for the first time really realize which song that is coming up... Oh my God.... I don't even have to hear it, I get goosebumps just thinking of it....
smile.gif
smile.gif
*flies away*

------------------

Slane 1?I was there can you give me the address of the shop or something.I need that Cd and the video if I can get it.Please help me.

Back
Top Bottom