Kat's summer trip to USA/Canada!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chickadee

New Yorker
Okay I figured it'd be better to start myself a little topic in case anyone wants to know what's going on with me in my summer excursion to the US! It'll be me, a wee Scottish girl, out in a very big country. But I plan to have a good time! I'm working for 2 months near Boston then travelling for 10 days, hopefully to Montreal, Toronto and then New York before flying home.

I'd welcome any suggestions for things to do/places to go or eat in these cities or just come in and say hey if you care, haha! I know I'm taking a big risk here wondering if anyone will be bothered... ;)

I leave on Sunday, wooo! or rather ARGH! I am pretty scared of flying!

If you have time to hit Washington, DC, DO IT!!! There's TONS of things to do, and all the museums and monuments, etc are FREE!

I'm sure you'll have a blast no matter what. I've lived in the US all my life, but consider me jealous. Living near Boston will be lovely.

I agree with LivLuv about making it to Washington DC if you are able to. In NY I would recommend the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building. From what I have heard about Boston it's a great city to be in. Hope you have a very fun and safe trip :hug:

Have a great time Kat. :hyper:

Have only been to Toronto and Boston.:drool: But def go for the CN tower. Nice views. Its right above the Jays staduim (baseball) so we watched a bit of the game from the viewing tower. :lmao: Players were like ants. :lol:

Another lovely view is from the Hyatt hotels 18th floor roof terrace bar. I liked it more than the CN1 to be honest.

Loads of shops/pubs/museums/galleries etc that can be seen. Unfortunately i didnt see alot of Toronto when i went. Spent most of my time in the ACC or in the GA line oustude the ACC. :lmao:

Yonge Street has loads of shops. Think there are a few record shops up there. :shifty::drool: VP and SG had cleaned them out of U2 stuff by the time me and Wild got there. :madwife: :wink:

Dreas the best person to ask about Toronto though. Shes an expert. :wink:

Now Boston. Theres the walk around the city,The Freedom Trail. Lots of shops/museums etc i assume. Wish i'd seen more of Boston but spent most of my time doing U2 related activities while there. Will definately be back soon.

:wink:

Toronto is great for whatever you want :love:

Yonge and Bloor is great for shopping :drool: So is Yorkville, but unless you have $$$, it's more for window shopping :p

Try checking out Kensington Market for some great bargains and funky little shops. Great little restaurants too!

By the way, there's a great poster store downtown on Yonge Street(near the Eaton Centre). It's called World Of Posters and it has LOADS of great U2 posters :drool: :shifty:

Lol I LOVE how when I ask you guys, I get all the U2 recs as well ;) I'm so glad! I'm always on the lookout for some U2 stuff!

Washington DC sounds fab, I don't think I will have time to go there though :( If only I had an extra week I'd have been so happy, could see way more stuff! It's all uni's fault for starting so early. :|

i went to Boston decades ago and had a great time.
.. ..my sis was showing me around because at the time that was where either her [ex]boyfirnd was staying off & on, or another [still]friend was living in a university town not too far away and they'd go there.

I loved it, but have not had the chance/extra money to go back yet. there is plenty to do....
....look at Frommer's travel books.
Also there MapEasy which is a "hand-drawn map"-- that also has restraurants/shops/sight-seeeing & historical stuff..amrked in locations and if it's arcitectural/historrical places/
museums /parks....THose things are also done in little sketches.....right on the map with multiples of symbols to show how expensive/inexpensive, and with cool little comments FYI.

I bought them for my trips to Wash DC and to Philly! ANd i just love them!

:wink: Of course, you can "ask the NYC'er" {me:D} as the time gets closer to coming here- about stuff.
You have to tell me what other things interest you so i can tailor the info to your preferences.

I'd ALSO reccomend you loking at MapEasy FOR NYC as well!

have a great time in Boston! :hug:

Last edited:
I'm in New York! :D

We arrived last night, it was 8pm here but in my brain it was about 1am and by the time we got to the hostel I was absolutely shattered! It's so strange to be here and it's a bit too humid right now for my liking but this afternoon I head to Boston so yay, that should be of excitement! I also met a cute guy on the plane, he hung around with us on the way and turns out he goes to uni in my city back home! HEE.

Anyway thanks for all the suggestions and I will definitely be back for info when the time comes to visit places! :D

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
If you have time to hit Washington, DC, DO IT!!! There's TONS of things to do, and all the museums and monuments, etc are FREE!

I'm sure you'll have a blast no matter what. I've lived in the US all my life, but consider me jealous. Living near Boston will be lovely.

definately do to DC

ive lived near there my whole life and i still havent seen everything :yes:

chickadee said:
I'm in New York! :D

I also met a cute guy on the plane, he hung around with us on the way and turns out he goes to uni in my city back home! HEE.

Always good to hear :wink:

Keep us updated and let me know when ya back so we can meet up!!
Have fun! :hug:

Wow Kat! I just stumbled on this thread - nothing much to offer as far as advice, but hey, welcome to this side of the pond! :wave: (I'm in Seattle, would love to go see you but it'd be about a 3 or 4 day drive or so, you know. If you ever find yourself on this side of the continent, by all means let me know!) Be sure to take plenty of pictures! :hyper: And more dish on the cute guy!

My advice - dont go up the CN tower! it was like the worst hour of my life (I'm scared of heights though..and it was shaking in the wind a bit! :( )
But if you are in NYC you have to go shopping! :drool:

HI EVERYONE!

Just a quick check-in from Salem NH! I am working SO HARD and it's okay but man I am tired and becoming American through words and phrases, lol! Trying not to though!

Oh oh and I had an affair with a Russian boy. It lasted one night but it was gooooooooooooood.

Hope you're all well!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom