Just saw the drag version of the "One" video for the first time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonlit_Angel

Blue Crack Addict
In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de
Yeah, totally random, but...*shrugs*.

Very interesting video. Kinda sad at some parts (like with the older man-isn't that supposed to be Bono's dad or something? And the shadows on the wall was kinda sad, too).

I'm curious about what the deal is with the cars.

I liked the video, though, it was different.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
Yeah, totally random, but...*shrugs*.

Very interesting video. Kinda sad at some parts (like with the older man-isn't that supposed to be Bono's dad or something? And the shadows on the wall was kinda sad, too).

I'm curious about what the deal is with the cars.

It's the trabbies!! :yes:

They're these cars that they used to drive in Cold War Germany. Really small, uncomfortable things, and they were all the same. U2 had an artist paint pictures on them for the video, then of course they decorated some all schnazzy for the ZooTV tour.

Read the book U2 at the End of the World, by Bill Flannagan. You won't be able to put it down. And it does talk a bit about the making of the One video, the history of it, and how the song came to be -- which, IMO is one of the most legendary U2 stories there is, if not THE most legendary one.

And yes, that's Bono's dad.

Dot.

The older man IS Bono's dad.
Anton says the trabbies were supposed to be sort of a playful thing, and there's a "uno" car and an "eins" car and one's a man and one's a woman... the whole video is mostly based on the one, but not the same thing. Hence the drag and not-drag U2, the man/woman car, old bono (his dad) and young bono, east berlin and west berlin... there's other stuff but you get the gist. The trabbies, I think, were supposed to symbolize the reunification sorta.

Anyway.

Made for some great stills :)

*whistle*

soo%60cap214.jpg

soo%60cap222.jpg

soo%60cap225.jpg

soo%60cap227.jpg

okay, so I don't have a picture of drag edge alone.

Sherry Darling here's your man, er, woman;)

I'm not much for him in drag, but the shots were he's not in drag, singing in the studio are gorgeous! :drool: I think it's nice he used his real dad.

That video is so cool Bono looks hot :combust:
When I firtd saw it I din't recongnize him :lmao:

I love the video! :combust: But I prefer the bar version :drool: Which I don't like is the one with the buffalos. It makes me fall asleep.

I heard long time ago that there was a fourth version, even a fifth version of the video, anyone knows about this?

there's a version... It never got released, I think with shots of the band in with the buffalo, though I could be wrong, but I know these are from said video.

soo%60cap315.jpg

soo%60cap318.jpg

Kristie said:
The older man IS Bono's dad.
Anton says the trabbies were supposed to be sort of a playful thing, and there's a "uno" car and an "eins" car and one's a man and one's a woman... the whole video is mostly based on the one, but not the same thing. Hence the drag and not-drag U2, the man/woman car, old bono (his dad) and young bono, east berlin and west berlin... there's other stuff but you get the gist. The trabbies, I think, were supposed to symbolize the reunification sorta.

Ah. I see.

Originally posted by Kristie
Anyway.

Made for some great stills :)

And those are some great stills you have there.

Bono sitting on that couch or in that studio...:drool:...I'm sitting there watching and I'm like, "Ooh, hey, he looks good".

Of course, the best example of his look is the bar version of "One", but this one's good, too.

Originally posted by PaleBlueDot
Read the book U2 at the End of the World, by Bill Flannagan.

Argh, I want to sooooooooo badly, but they don't sell that book in my town! They barely sell ANYTHING U2 related in my town! :mad:.

My family's going down to Missouri Thursday and Friday, though-I'll try and look for the book there *crosses fingers and hopes someplace has it*.

Originally posted by teehee
Which I don't like is the one with the buffalos. It makes me fall asleep.

Really?

I find that version to be kinda creepy, actually.

And I have heard nothing about a fourth or fifth video for this song.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom