Just how big a fan are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was very well said! :up: I would love to have a chance run in with the B-man, speaking eye to eye. I know what I'll say and I know I won't be all tongue tied and giddy when that occasion comes.

Thank you, Carek!

I've always seen myself as non-giddy, but when I walked into the Clarence to inquire about their restaurant, my brain went... somewhere else. I stuttered all over myself.

The staff were very patient and kind, pointed me down the hall, and didn't laugh in my face.

I bet they see that all the time.

During one of my classes in high school, the classroom discussion somehow got turned to how I was a U2 fan and how much I loved Bono. My teacher said I would probably keep Bono's puke in a jar...so I sarcastically said oh yeah and added that I would eat his puke.

Oh, man...word quickly spread. Sarcasm, people! Sarcasm!!!! :scream: :crack:

Oh, and a big thanks to my teacher for doing his part by telling his other classes about what had gone on. He kindly didn't use my name, but, uh, seeing as how I was the only major U2 fan in the school, everybody knew it had to have been me. :mad: :lol:

Even I have boundaries!!!! :wink:

Gross! (the original post)

I've met Bono just three times but I've never so much as even brought something to sign. I never understood why people would waste precious time demanding a signature. Much more fulfilling to just look someone in the eye, thank them, exchange pleasantries... When I met Larry, I did get a picture with him because someone else asked if he was OK with pictures and he said yes, so the few of us there just sort of formed a little line and each shook his hand and got a picture.

I personally, think that it's just disgusting that some people go to such lengths.

I'd rather just be able to talk to him very briefly and maybe get a hug if I'm lucky. No, it's not something you show off (unless you have pictures, of course.) but I think that the event and memory of it would be worth far more in the long run. Even more than an autograph. Think about it. Would you rather be able to just communicate with him briefly, or spend your precious little time with him asking for something you could keep?

I see everyone's points about spending time/talking vs. getting an autograph or photo... but my memory doesn't hold onto the details for very long, and it's nice to have something concrete to bring them back to some extent. :shrug:

Also, has anyone seen Priscilla: Queen of the Desert? This thread reminded me of one particular scene.... :lol: :yuck:

During one of my classes in high school, the classroom discussion somehow got turned to how I was a U2 fan and how much I loved Bono. My teacher said I would probably keep Bono's puke in a jar...so I sarcastically said oh yeah and added that I would eat his puke.

Oh, man...word quickly spread. Sarcasm, people! Sarcasm!!!! :scream: :crack:

Oh, and a big thanks to my teacher for doing his part by telling his other classes about what had gone on. He kindly didn't use my name, but, uh, seeing as how I was the only major U2 fan in the school, everybody knew it had to have been me. :mad: :lol:

Even I have boundaries!!!! :wink:

:lol: Best answer for some people/question/situation like that !!!

Back
Top Bottom