Just got DSL!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Hey, I got my DSL connection today! I had a hassle with Microsoft setting up Outlook Express and Yahoogroups doesn't like me anyway, but after I got those figured out I decided to try posting a pic here. Wow! None of those infernal waits I had on dial-up! I had that pic posted so fast I forgot to caption it!!:reject: Amazing! I like it!

Yeah, the only hassle is I had to change ISP's, thus I have a new e-mail addy, and I have to catch up with all of my e-mail! Ugh! It's alot of dirty work. But I hated dial-up by the time I quit, so I have no regrets!

Sounds good :up: At home we just downgraded from MSN to PeoplePC dial-up, which dials in REALLY fast and seems to work OK. I've looked at DSL or cable for my parents, but I can't find any decent rates compared to 10.95/mon. Especially since we don't have cable TV and a line would need to be installed. If anyone knows of any decent rates, let me know! (I personally don't mind dial-up, but my mom/brother is always on and no one can ever call :mad: )

We thought high-speed was too expensive until we found a package from BellSouth. We had a separate line for the computer when we had dial-up and we were able to get rid of this with the BellSouth deal. We can use the computer *and* the phone on one line. So we don't have to pay for that other line. We got both of our computers fixed with the BellSouth ISP. We can both use our computers *and* someone else can talk on the phone. Now it's a heck of alot easier to use Snapfish!
*off to find more sexy Bono pix*:drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Lucky you! I still have my dial-up. PLEBA is the enemy of it. Some threads take years to load but I'm patience (I even download 600 MB things...).

Enjoy your high-speed connection! :wave:

Thanx. It looks a bit much anyway. It's impossible to find a good DSL or cable deal, but there are plenty for dial-up :banghead: The only good thing is that I can sign my parents up for dial-up through my college since I won't need that account and then it's $70/year....

Back
Top Bottom