Junior Mullen and the Trumkit (one off)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultimateu2fan

The Fly
Disclaimer: This is not based on fact or even a rumour about the guys just something I remember and had to put into a fanfic somehow. When I was 3 I discovered my Dad's drumkit in our garage and though I was told many times that it was a Drumkit I insisted in calling it a Trumkit. If you think it is crap or ok please comment, I appreciate your views. This is my first fanfic so here goes…

It was the thumping noise that first alerted Larry. He looked up, startled, from the latest 'Propaganda' issue. It took him a few moments to realise that his daughter, Ava, was no longer in the room. People that do not know Larry personally think that he is moody and aggressive but that is just his camera ego, really he is senstive and caring so naturally he was concerned when his precious daughter was missing.
Once in the hallway he looked around but no one was about. Ann was on the other side of the house doing the ironing and had the radio on full blast. The thumping noise seemed to be coming from the back room where he kept his first drumkit. Bought by his sister, this particular kit was one of his most treasured possessions and so not suprisingly Larry rushed in, fearing the worst.
There, standing next to the stool was Ava, banging away at the nearest drum with her hands. As Larry walked round behind her she looked up, her smile mirroring her father’s.
“Daddy, what’s this?” she asked, grey-blue eyes looking into identical grey-blue eyes.
“This is a drumkit, Ava, I use it in my job.” Frowning, in exactly the same way as Larry does when he is thinking about something, she considered the new word.
“I like the trumkit, Daddy, it goes BANG BANG BANG.”
“It’s called a drumkit not a trumkit. You say it with a D, not a T!”
“Yes, trumkit. BANG BANG BANG!” Larry gave an exasperated sigh and sat on the stool. Ava climbed up and settled herself on his lap.
“Daddy?”
“Yes, Ava”
“Why don’t you have a proper job like the other daddys?”
“I do have a proper job. I’m a drummer in a band.”
“Well all the other daddys are doctors and office people, so why can’t you be?”
“I’ve told you this before. When I was younger I made a band with Bono, Edge and Adam and we became famous. You remember them don’t you?”
“Yes. Edgie has a funny hat” Larry could hardly suppress a grin at this statement. He himself had often thought that Edge’s hat was silly but it would probably grow on him, like Adam’s orange Pop outfit had.
“He’s called Edge and he wears a beanie because he likes it. Look, let me show you something.” He reached out for a pair of drumsticks and began a simple rhythm. Ava watched, entranced.
“Daddy, when I’m grown up I’m going to be a trummer.”
“Well that sounds like a good idea to me. Chicks dig drummers, so I guess guys do as well!” Ava opened her mouth to say something when the doorbell rang. She and Larry went to answer it and discovered Edge and Bono waiting on the doorstep. Immediately Ava said loudly and clearly so they could all hear:
“Edgie, when I’m grown up I’m going to be a trummer!”
Disclaimer: This is not based on fact or even a rumour about the guys just something I remember and had to put into a fanfic somehow. When I was 3 I discovered my Dad's drumkit in our garage and though I was told many times that it was a Drumkit I insisted in calling it a Trumkit. If you think it is crap or ok please comment, I appreciate your views. This is my first fanfic so here goes…

I'm not quite sure why the disclaimer came at the bottom as well but I guess it doesn't really matter.

I showed a friend of mine the pen and paper version and she said exactly the same thing?! I do not have any Swedish blood in me as far as I know, I just had problems with D's!!!
I'm thinking of writing similar stories for Bono, Edge and Adam so any feedback on that idea would be very welcome.

Back
Top Bottom