joshua TREE pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
And I mean the TREE! That frickin' thing was easier to find when it was standing, but now that it's fallen over forget it. I tried to find it on Wednesday as I motored back from Utah via Death Valley. HA! Impossible. So now I need locator pics. I have the one from the album, which helps, but I need all the pics of the actual tree that you have. If there happen to be four cutie-pies standing in front of the tree, I'll just have to deal with that. If there happens to be a lovely Pleba girl standing in front of it, that's fine too. I can't find my pic of me in front of it. Grrrr.

Thank you, thank you very much.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

Found this on an older thread. I think this is it.

TheJoshuaTree.jpg

me neither! this is so sad. and the kitchen is closed.....is the world coming to an end?

------------------
***ALOTWU***

I know! I always get sad when I remember that the Joshua Tree is no more. And didn't the tree on One Tree Hill get cut down around the same time? It's so depressing.

I will try to find one Martha. My brother and I posed next to one on our cross country trip in '94, but I know it wasn't *the* Joshua Tree because it wasn't in California, it was in Arizona somewhere between Phoenix and Las Vegas. That road was FULL of them, and of course they only made us think about U2, play JT and make classical references.

It's so sad what happened to the real one, also the real one tree on One Tree hill. My One Tree Hill in WV is now a many tree hill.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 04-07-2002).]

There is a really good color one in existence but I don't know where it is.

joshuatree1.jpg

Four hotties in front of a Joshua Tree- esp. the long haired one in the t-shirt!

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

ARGHHHHH martha I have several killer pix of the tree BUT:

a. I can't find them

and

b. Even if I could, my scanner isn't working

SORRY!!!!!

Did you go thru Wonder Valley???? What a bonus, huh!!!!

****I went by Harmony Motel several times last week and will several times this week too*****

I tnink it is really messed up that they chopped down the Joshua Tree. They are also closing the kitchen.

02.jpg

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

Originally posted by Tanya:
I tnink it is really messed up that they chopped down the Joshua Tree.

Sweetie, no one chopped it down. Joshua trees fall down when they get old. The whole circle of life thing. It's ok; don't be upset.

Jezebel, I didn't do Wonder Valley this trip. I'm saving it for a day trip. Thanks for the hot info, though, and get that scanner working!

Thanks for these great pics, loves!

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

The tree on One Tree Hill had to be removed because it was posing a danger to those who were visiting it. Somebody attacked it with a chainsaw way back when and it was supported with cables to try to keep it sturdy. Apparently, the cables weren't holding it up anymore, so officials in New Zealand decided that it would be best if it was just removed. It is sad, yes, but when I think about it, I wouldn't want to be visiting that tree and having it fall on me. Better to be safe.

However, the memory of both trees live on through U2's music.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Hey look here Martha I just found a gold mine of Joshua TREE pics! They were taken in May 1999 by Henry Wagner.

dest029.jpg

dest004.jpg

dest006.jpg

dest010.jpg

dest025.jpg

dest026.jpg

------------------
~*"I DO go on, don't I?"~*-Bono, after making a speech, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001~

He took more in Feb. 2000

dest027.jpg

dest028.jpg

color!

041.jpg

042.jpg

He made this stone monument

dest027.jpg

------------------
~*"I DO go on, don't I?"~*-Bono, after making a speech, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001~

Then it fell over.
frown.gif
He took pics on Oct. 23 and made it an RIP stone monument.

tree026.jpg

Isn't it ironic that it fell just as things were really taking off for U2?

tree029.jpg

the body

tree030.jpg

tree005.jpg

tree009.jpg

One last look at an old friend

tree019.jpg

RIP

------------------

Those are sad pics, Stormy.

It's amazing that a tree can make us emotional, ya know?

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

I work with a girl who went and saw the tree about 10 years ago...she said "you just come upon it" like it pops out of nowhere...and when it was still standing, it was hard to see from the road(she said). She said it "looked like a rooster"
confused.gif

I'd still really, really like to go to where the tree stood...stand where the boys did. So if you ladies get directions (i.e. 1.5 miles after mile marker 19 look left)could you post them here. I can assume it's hard to find though...especially since it's not there anymore.
Are there any towns nearby? You could ask the locals-they probably hear about it everyday.
Thanks.

------------------
mrs_clayton@hotmail.com

Those are some really beautiful pics, stormy, thank you!!!!

You can see in a couple of them when the tree was still standing how flood waters were undercutting the soil at the base of the tree. This surely must have contributed to its demise
frown.gif

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
I work with a girl who went and saw the tree about 10 years ago...she said "you just come upon it" like it pops out of nowhere...and when it was still standing, it was hard to see from the road(she said). She said it "looked like a rooster"
confused.gif

I'd still really, really like to go to where the tree stood...stand where the boys did. So if you ladies get directions (i.e. 1.5 miles after mile marker 19 look left)could you post them here. I can assume it's hard to find though...especially since it's not there anymore.
Are there any towns nearby? You could ask the locals-they probably hear about it everyday.
Thanks.

I found it several years ago when it was still standing. It's on the south side of Highway 190 on the way to Death Valley from either Lone Pine or Olancha California. You can get to the 190 from either town. Next time I go up there, which I do quite often, I'll measure the distance from the junction of the 136 and the 190, and I'll let you know. My husband and I spend a lot of time in the Owens Valley. Bodie is on the way there for those of you in Seattle. Bodie is where the pix were taken of the old, deserted town in the snow. It's a state park.

------------------

You have fairly generic bunions. --my podiatrist, 4-11-02

Originally posted by martha:
I found it several years ago when it was still standing. It's on the south side of Highway 190 on the way to Death Valley from either Lone Pine or Olancha California. You can get to the 190 from either town. Next time I go up there, which I do quite often, I'll measure the distance from the junction of the 136 and the 190, and I'll let you know. My husband and I spend a lot of time in the Owens Valley. Bodie is on the way there for those of you in Seattle. Bodie is where the pix were taken of the old, deserted town in the snow. It's a state park.

Hey thanks a lot! Thanks for the info on Bodie
wink.gif

PLEBA Road trip!

JTree Says:
U2 did not need me anymore, so I decided it was time to go.

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
Success is not about how much money you have, the size of your house, or who you know. It's all about how cool your pants are.

Back
Top Bottom