Joe O'Herlihy in the new Hotpress - U2 off to France to work on album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
U2 soundman Joe O'Herlihy has revealed that following a stint in Dublin's Windmill Lane Studios, the band are set to do some warm weather recording overseas.

"I'm heading out to France to begin working with them on it." "They decided they needed a few rays while they were working on the new songs. But things are in full swing working towards a new album. We're hoping to have something in the can come September / October (finishing Sept/Oct and ready for sale as I've said: late Oct / early Nov).

"We'll know in the next couple of months how things shape up but that's what they're aiming for. All things being equal they will more than likely tour in 2009. They love it. It's their life and it's what they do."

Edge_Orchestra said:
We're hoping to have something in the can come September / October (finishing Sept/Oct and ready for sale as I've said: late Oct / early Nov).

"We'll know in the next couple of months how things shape up but that's what they're aiming for. All things being equal they will more than likely tour in 2009. They love it. It's their life and it's what they do."

:combust:

: picksselfupofffloor:

Oct / Nov :hyper: :drool:

another tour :hyper: :combust:

I'm to old for this much excitement :runsbacktomonacothread:

:wave:

BonoFox1 said:
hmmm..If I keep playing the lottery ....:hmm:

You & me both!!!
teehee.gif

I'm not sure how true this is. Windmill Lane. :eyebrow: they didn't even get the studio name right! I'm sure the band will move to france when the kids get out of school for the summer if they are back in Dublin now.

IN EYKIW theres news about a spanish fan who met them yesterday. :)

DOL also mentioned she has a friend who on holiday in dublin and heard music coming from the studio. She said the friend was a bit freaked out and excited so she doesn't know anymore yet.

I'm off to Dublin in the morning ( had this trip booked for a few weeks as got i cheap) so i will let everyone know if i see anyone. :)

ETA: regardless of where they are yay for new album and tour. :drool:

Last edited:
oktobergirl said:
They recorded in Windmill Lane??? When is the last time they did that???

They quite often work in both studios. They will sometimes be recording at HQ and have people doing mixes at Windmill Lane. That way they can have more stuff going on at once and more people involved.

Dana

Back
Top Bottom