Jimmy Fallon on SNL spoofing "Beautiful Day"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluRmGrl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Ok, I realize I'm a little late to the game here, but I just heard a bit performed by Jimmy Fallon from SNL...must be 2 yrs old or more. It was done during Tina Fey's news report & he starts out talking about how Christmas is when you get some really bad presents.
He sings 2-3 verses of 3 popular songs that he re-wrote as Christmas tunes. The 1st was Creed, "With Arms Wide Open", he sang it as "Is Your Store Still Open?". The 2nd was from David Gray I think, but I can't remember the real song's title (something about streetlights changing from green to red???) and I don't remember Jimmy's title, either. :huh: The 3rd one is what I'm after -- it was "Beautiful Day", done by Jimmy as "Christmas Day" & it was brilliant!!! :applaud: :D Much much better than Colin Farrell this past week.

Anyway, does anyone else remember the skit I'm talking about? And if so, do you have an MP3 you could link for me? Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance!! :yes: :hyper:

(This comes as a relief to me... after the Colin Farrell thing - which I didn't find funny - I was beginning to think I'd lost all sense of humor in relation to U2. This bit just proves to me that I can still enjoy someone poking a little fun at the boys! :up: )

Last edited:
I remember the skit, ;)....And Jimmy is a much better singer than Colin, But remember Colin is not a singer and Jimmy is...So I fogave Colin, but at least he tried....
You might want to look in the SNL arcives and see if you can download it, I would but I cant access from work

Thanks, bonofox1.... I started a search during my lunch break at home, but ran out of time before I could really do much looking.

I'll probably try again tonight once I get home. :up:

Back
Top Bottom