Jamila's Pic of Bono - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2006, 11:54 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:15 PM
Jamila's Pic of Bono

This is a pic that Jamila asked me to post for her. I do not remember what the event was that this was taken at, but I am sure she will fill you in. I just wanted to post the picture because I was so excited to see it myself!! The following are comments made by Jamila that was attached to the photo.

"Well, here is the picture. It's a bit grainy because I only had a little disposable camera with me and it was very dark.

You can still see Bono's big smile as he rushed over to say hello to all of the fifty or so folks who had waited outside the Washington Hilton to get a chance to meet him.

Catriona is in the background in the black and white outfit getting into the car. While she was not in Bono's personal space while he was with us, she definitely was closely watching everything that was happening.

I really like her - she seems to truly have Bono's best interest at heart. And we all know that he can use as many of those kind of friends and associates as he can get.

She waited in the car while Bono spent about 15 minutes with us.

There's no them, there's ONLY US!
Everything IS Possible!
I AM, because WE ARE!

Old 03-24-2006, 01:19 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:15 PM

I wish I could have met him that night. Those people were being so mean and rude

Old 03-24-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
Acrobat

I'm sorry about the pushy people, wish you could have met him too.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:06 PM   #4
War Child

Location: Bowie was right! There IS life on Mars! Well, Newcastle's near enough
Yeah, I'm a bit slow about this, but who's Catriona? His assistant or something? Because the name rings a bell... but yeah.

Anyway, lucky her! Gettin' ter meet him an' all this.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:16 PM   #5
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 11:15 AM
Love it! Thanks for sharing! How exciting Jamila!
Old 03-24-2006, 05:41 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:15 PM
Thanks Jamila for sharing!
Old 03-24-2006, 06:13 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon
Local Time: 02:15 PM
Unfortunately I missed meeting him that night, but his speech was wonderful!!!
Great photo!
Old 03-24-2006, 06:27 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Thank you for posting this, Carmelu2fan.

Catriona is Bono's PA (Personal Assistant) and has been with him during the Vertigo tour (all legs) and at this appearance at the ASAE conference in Washington DC on 3 February 2006.

Several people in a previous thread had mentioned that they had never seen Catriona with Bono during their concerts on the Vertigo tour and wanted to see a pic of them.

So I offered this one.

I have said some very genuinely nice things about Catriona because I have seen Bono with at least one other PA several years ago who simply did not have the Grace and Kindness that Catriona seems to possess.

I am glad that Bono has found a professional associate who really seems to have his best interest at heart.

I'm glad that everyone seems to appreciate the picture - it was offered In the Name of Love.

Kudos to Carmelu2fan.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:20 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

Thank you Carmel for posting it for Jamila!
Old 03-25-2006, 08:38 AM   #10
The Fly

Yeah, thank you! Is her story about that posted anywhere? I assume it was just a quick 'hello', but still, I'd love to read about it.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:53 PM   #11
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 08:15 PM
nice pic ^^
and there's a pic of Bono and Catriona in the Rolling stone interview... when he's in his appartment in NY, working on a laptop or so.. maybe somebody can scan that for a clearer pic?
Old 03-25-2006, 03:18 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Galeongirl
nice pic ^^
and there's a pic of Bono and Catriona in the Rolling stone interview... when he's in his appartment in NY, working on a laptop or so.. maybe somebody can scan that for a clearer pic?
If I recall, that was a pic of Lucy Matthew, his DATA assistant/co-worker.
A guy can never have too many assistants!
Old 03-25-2006, 07:52 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

This is all I'll say which I've said before to clarify who's who in these pictures:

Catriona is Bono's Personal Assistant, definitely when he is on tour, but also when he is on speaking engagements like the one that was just held in Washington DC on 3 February 2006.

Going to speaking engagements of Bono's now for over three years, I have seen Bono go through a few different people as Personal Assistants. This is probably because the PA becomes too overwhelmed in fulfilling their professional obligations to one of the world's most famous (and desirable) people or the job doesn't turn out to be what they thought it would be.

From what I have seen of Catriona, she is probably the best PA for Bono that he has had in many years. She seems genuinely concerned about him and his welfare without getting overwhelmed as described above.

Her respect and platonic affection for Bono is obvious, but she seems to know how to contain it so that it doesn't cause problems for her or anyone else.

Lucy Mathew has been the London based director of DATA since DATA's inception in 2002 (with jaime Drummond being the U.S. based director of DATA). Both Lucy and Jaime met Bono around 1998 when they were all working on the Jubilee (Drop the Debt) campaign.

LUCY HAS NEVER BEEN BONO'S PERSONAL ASSISTANT - she has always held a co-equal position within the ranks of DATA along with Jaime and Bono.

Currently, she is taking a lower profile within DATA due to her pregnancy.

I am sure that she will resume her very active position in DATA when she feels ready to.

I hope this helps to clarify things.

I definitely hope that this doesn't lead to more inuuendoes and harmful speculations.

All three of these people (Bono, Catriona and Lucy) are MAGNIFICENT and LOVELY HUMAN BEINGS and they are all very lucky to have each other as friends and professional associates.

I have met all three of them (however briefly) and know what I am speaking about.

Old 03-25-2006, 08:53 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

First of all, you spelled innuendo wrong.

Second, no one has even remotely hinted at "inuuendoes (sic) and harmful speculations" until now-- you were the first to do so.

Finally... I'm not sure shaking someone's hand from behind the rope line makes you any sort on expert of that person's character. Not that I'm casting any aspersions on any of them-- I'm sure they're all lovely people... I just don't claim to KNOW anything about a person, simply because I shook their hand, or because they signed my ticket stub.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:55 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Bless you too, GracelandHarley.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:50 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Gesundheit to you, too, Jamila!
Old 03-25-2006, 11:00 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamila

LUCY HAS NEVER BEEN BONO'S PERSONAL ASSISTANT - she has always held a co-equal position within the ranks of DATA along with Jaime and Bono.

:
You might want to take that up with the New York Times, as it is that publication that identified Lucy Matthew as Bono's "assistant".

Quote:
Her respect and platonic affection for Bono is obvious, but she seems to know how to contain it so that it doesn't cause problems for her or anyone else.
Why would she need to contain her respect and platonic
affection? Doesn't that seem counter-productive? Shouldn't an assistant embrace those feelings?

Quote:
I definitely hope that this doesn't lead to more inuuendoes and harmful speculations.
Hmm....Once again, Jamila, you are the only one who has raised the spectre of innuendo and speculation. Why do you keep doing that, I wonder?
Old 03-25-2006, 11:07 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by biff

Hmm....Once again, Jamila, you are the only one who has raised the spectre of innuendo and speculation. Why do you keep doing that, I wonder?
OK, now I'm curious. I've seen this "innuendo" referenced in probably ten threads in the past few months and honest-to-God I have no clue what Jamila's talking about. Did I miss something?!
Old 03-25-2006, 11:18 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

OK, now I'm curious. I've seen this "innuendo" referenced in probably ten threads in the past few months and honest-to-God I have no clue what Jamila's talking about. Did I miss something?!
Excellent question. I wonder that too.
I don't think you missed anything real.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:12 AM   #20
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 08:15 PM
I'm really missing out something here...

also *grabs copy of Rolling Stone*
it says below the picture
Quote:
"I've always had these melodies in my head. If I'm beside a piano, I put my finger on a key. I hear a thyme": In his New York Apartment with assistant Lucy Matthew.
so apparently they got it wrong..
sorry for the confusion caused!