I've finally met Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
OMG, girls! I'm still so shocked I can't believe it actually happened!

I went to the studio today at about 1 pm. It was freezing cold! At one point I couldn't feel my hands nor my feet!:huh:

After about 10 minutes, a girl got there with some trays and a big pot. She knocked on the door and Sam helped her in. Then a guy got there with some stuff for Sam as well.

At around 2.40pm Aidan, a great U2 fan ( Thanks for the coffee and the chocolate!), arrived and said that he had a feeling we would see them today. And boy! was he right!

It was about 3pm when we saw Bono's car going into the garage. He saw and waved. He usually comes out to say hi after and hour or so, but this time it was different.

I was on the phone to my boyfriend, telling him that we had seen Bono going in and that this was looking good, when Bono opens the door and says: Come over here! I was completely paralised. I hung up on my boyfriend without even saying a word and went over to Bono

He shooked our hands and asked how we were doing. He said unfortunately he wouldn't be able to stay long cus he was running late and there were people waiting for him inside. I couldn't react or say a word. Everybody was talking to Bono and handing him things to sign. Thank God for Aidan! He gave me a gentle pushed and said: Go on! Talk to the man! ( He said something like: You look like a deer who has been caught in the car lights! or something to that effect!)

Bono turned aound and looked me int he eyes. wow! I can't describe the feeling I had when he was looking right into my eyes. It was...wow!:ohmy: :drool:

I said hi! and would he mind having his picture taken with me. He said: Sure! Np! He put his arm around my shoulder and pushed me against his body! Oh dear! That was soooooooooooooooooooooooo cool! I thought i was gonna faint! He put his face against my face and leaned forward for the pic.

After that I asked him to sign my Best of dvd copy and he said: How do u spell Buffalo? I was like: wtf??????????? :lol: You know, I wasn;t really paying attention to what he was saying. All i could think of was: OMG!!!!!!!!!!! This is bono!!!!!!!!!!!

So he asked what my name was and when I told him Flavia he smiled. That was the coolest thing ever!!!!!!!

So that was it, girls! Short and sweet! But completely worth it! I'll be going to the studio again this week so hopefully I'll be able to take more pics! ( Cus they are kinda out of focus!)

Ad oh! I left some messages on the bench for the Pleba girls! ( Bono's Tart! I saw your signature on it! :D)

And oh! Sorry about the pics size! They are huge and i can't resize them without making them look horrible! If somebody knows how to do this i'll really appreciate it!

DSC00315.JPG

Me-Bono.jpg

bonostudio.jpg

OH Flavia! YAY! :applaud: :hug: I'm so happy for you!! Finally!!

Niamh_Saoirse said:

when Bono opens the door and says: Come over here! I was completely paralised. I hung up on my boyfriend without even saying a word and went over to Bono
:laugh: :love:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Bono turned aound and looked me int he eyes. wow! I can't describe the feeling I had when he was looking right into my eyes. It was...wow!:ohmy: :drool:

omg yes :faint:

WONDERFUL pics I loveeee how he leaned in like that and got so snug to you!!! :drool: wow you must be still :hyper: :happy:

flavia, when i heard my phone ringing, and i saw ur name on the screen...i was like...."oh holy shit!!!" and then i heard ur little voice, sooo in shocked, and when u said "i just got my pic taken with him", i was like "oohhh thanks god!!!" and then, i shouted!!! sorry for ur ears!! i was trembling for you!!!!

i am soo proud of you and soo happy!!

i just have one regret: i was not there to see the flame in ur eyes, and to kick ur ass and to tell bono about ur story!!! i really wanted to be there, the first time u would meet him...

anyway, i will be there the second time on thursday!!! be ready!! now u know how it is!! and u will see, the second time, it is even better!!!

Last edited:
Thanks Olive! The pic looks much much better! Your rock! :D

And thanks for you lovely messages girls! I wouldn't have done it without your support! :hug:

Good job Flavia!!! AWESOME pics and story, how exciting! I know the feeling of complete shock and bliss and isnt it great!?!?!
Whoohooo for all these wonderful Bono encounters! :up:
He looks so hot in the pics! :love:

Congratulations you are so lucky living in Dublin!
This man never fails to amaze me he did the same with us came straight out as soon as he arrived!!
By the way he seems to be getting fairer??
Great pics give him a hug from me next time!!

Me write on benches and walls??? never!! cough cough!! LOL!!

Well done!!

Gah! I just had a flashback of my own experience reading your story... isn't it a great feeling to have his arm around your shoulder? :faint: I'm so happy for you Flavia!!!

Congrats!!!

I'm so happy that you finally stalked the Bugger!!

Make sure you see him again on Friday with Tanya otherwise she's gonna kick your arse.

By the way, he only came out and hugged you coz you are so darn cute :)

Ok..I finally found your story..thats soo great Flavia! Now just get us one with the whole band:D

whats with his red hair though..

CONGRATULATIONS FLAVIA!

I am so happy for you, you persevered and it finally paid off. The pictures are absolutely fantastic, now you've really got a souvenir and a memory that will last forever. :applaud: :up: :happy: :hug:

Three cheers too for Aidan...what an obliging guy...:applaud:

Thanks for texting yesterday Flavia...I bet if the choice of dancing with Bono or the one you just experienced arose again...you'd opt for the latter. Thanks for posting and my deepest Congratulations to you once again. I love your new Avatar. :heart:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! Flavieeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! :hug: :hug: I'm so glad that you finally got to meet Bono! That picture is great!!! LOL I can't believe that you hung up on your man but hey I would have done the same thing! :D :D

Did you see my name on the bench? *wonders if it washed away*

Hi Emilie. Isn't this fabulous Flavia finally got to meet Bono! I spoke with Aidan earlier today. I might be able to make it on thursday, obviously if I can, I'll see you there.

Now that feeling is back, that impulse to meet him again is aroused...I'd be really foolish to miss out on such an opportunity...hey Emilie, this time I hope Aidan shows and captures you and Bono embracing and kissing like before. See you soon!!

So he asked what my name was and when I told him Flavia he smiled. That was the coolest thing ever!!!!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I love him and I am so HAPPY for you! Congratulations!!! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom