Ive been wondering for a while

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
What kind of schooling do U2 kids get??? Like: Homeschooling, Private Schooling, Public Schooling. Anybody know??? Ive always guessed homeschooling, but who knows lol. Im probably way wrong! lol

Bono's kids go to school. On 60 minutes they said his kids went to public school. I saw one of the girls here post that she saw Ali picking them up in the car. But when they go on tour they go along and Ali homeschools them for that time. I don't know about Edge or Larry's kids.

But I bet Jordan doesn't go to Mount Temple.

Last edited:
Bono has also mentioned several times that he regularly gets up in the morning and drives the girls to school.

Cool, man if I had to be driven to school I'd go insane! I'm sorry but thats my music time lol. I put my headphones on and I'm gone lol. Anybody know about Edge????? Do their kids go to school together???? Heck I dont even know how far Bono and Edge live apart lol.

I heard it was Ali, on the Popmart and Elevation tours. A lot of ordinary parents home school, and Ali is extraordinary!

COOL! I wonder if any of there friends think their dads are hott lol. Just a thought lol. That would be weird to have a friedn think your dad is hott. I would be like......... EEEEEWWWWWW!

The "home schooling" only took place on the last two tours. Maybe we should call it "hotel schooling". Bono referred to Ali doing this, in an interview. At home, they go to a regular school.

Yes it's only when they go on tour. They have plenty of time. That's the great thing about being rich, the money makes you free to do what you want when you want. It's not like, sorry honey, I can't go, I have to work! They do stuff when they have spare time but I don't think they ever let it take the place of the happier things in life. When Bono tours, they can pick up and go.

I love the quote Bono made in the Elevation program, something about travel being a better education that sitting in a classroom, that he got his education out the windows of buses and planes and from the world. So I'm sure he thinks that the traveling they do on the tour and seeing the world and learning from experience is good for them. The home schooling is only to satisfy the school back home so they won't be behind when they get home. Damn they're a lucky bunch!!

I'm a public school teacher. Wouldn't that be the ultimate parent-teacher conference?!! "Um, excuse me please while I wipe the drool off your child's report card." I'd definitely be looking for things to call home and talk to the parents about (something most teachers dread doing 90% of the time.) Oh well, a girl can only dream...:drool:

well i was homeschooled and i did school a lot on my own and just had somebody grade my tests and stuff. now if i had bono to school me it would be in human anatomy or something like that! oh and i think that bono and edge live really close to each other to answer that question...

Back
Top Bottom