It's Raining in Baltimore (baby)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHonee

Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
Well, it's NOT. Not really. Metaphorically, it might be!

lol look at me being upset -- I"m singing counting crows.

*siiiiiiiigh* (lol I do too much sighing) Tonight the boys will be at the Baltimore Arena. I will be at HOME, ticketless. *sniff* Bono-less.

I'll have to put on Achtung or something and dress our broom up as Bono and dance with it.

Good news of the day:
1. My internet is working (so far)

2. I have no school today
biggrin.gif

3. Had an interview for Georgetown Univeristy this morning and it went REALLY well! The guy who interviewed me turned out to be someone our family kinda knows and he was quite impressed and was like 'you should have no problem getting in and getting some money,' 'i have a feeling you won't stop with just college, you'll do some graduate school' la la la.

(But if I do that then I can't become Bono' Elevation Technician, or Mrs. Bono, or Bruce Springsteen. (my spanish book calls him Bruce Primaverasteen, lol) Decision decisions.)

3. I'm not feeling AS stressed out as I was before

4.all the radio stations are excited that they're performing, and have been playing a lot of U2 today

still...
My mommy won't let me go staking out hotel lobbys to hunt them down...
frown.gif

biggrin.gif
anyone who's going to Baltimore tonight:
1. take me with you!!!!!!
2. take pictures!!!!!
3. give Bono directions to my house!!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n' rolla
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Joe Houdini!" ~Charlie Brown~

"What you don't have you don't need it now. What you don't know you can feel it somehow." -U2-

Oh, I reeeeally wish I was going to be there, too! Partly because after the 2 Chicago shows I want to be anywhere U2 is at this point. But also because my family and I used to vacation in Baltimore every single summer when I was growing up, so I have a special affection for it. In fact, 2 of my first U2 CDs were purchased at a used CD store in Baltimore. Sniff. Ah, memories.

I wonder if Larry will give more sticks away tonight?????

------------------
"Those U2 songs, they seem to have a lot of big feelings in them."
--Bono, Details interview

"He...never...shuts...up."
--Sheila Roche, on Bono

"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

5. DIDJOO SEE THEM VAINITY FAIR PICS?! HOLY **** *faints*

Larry is special!

------------------

"What you don't have you don't need it now. What you don't know you can feel it somehow." -U2-

Awwwwww Mona being ticketless sucks
frown.gif

Lol @ dancing with Bono-broom.

OH NO-I wish you were going Mona-you really should try to 'stalk' them!

But Georgetown-WOW-that's IMPRESSIVE

LMAO @ Bono's 'elevation technician'

*wonders exactly what the, um, job description is*

*rushes off to APPLY for that job*

would it be inappropriate to add "Bono's elevation technician" and "Professional Broom Groomer" to my resume? Would Georgetown be more impressed?

------------------

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

*wonders exactly what the, um, job description is*

*rushes off to APPLY for that job*

Sprints after Gina with job aplication form in hand
smile.gif
. Maybe there's more than one job. *wishes*

Originally posted by WildHonee:
would it be inappropriate to add "Bono's elevation technician" and "Professional Broom Groomer" to my resume? Would Georgetown be more impressed?

ROTF thinking of their faces when they read Monas resume.
smile.gif

Hey! I think I'm perfectly capable of handling

(lol don't pay attention to that word)

the position

(disregard that word as well)

of....well now I'm distracted.

Can I also put my poition

(heh)

of Bono's....leather....club....*wanders away*

------------------

Originally posted by Jody:
Sprints after Gina with job aplication form in hand
smile.gif
. Maybe there's more than one job. *wishes*

Why not?? After all, he does seem to be, uh, 'elevated' constantly....

*a girl does get tired eventually and needs a break*

lol on Sting's behind the music, he was like "I do Yoga! I can make love for 8 hours!" anyway....

------------------

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Yes Mona-I have heard him talk about that-it's called 'tantric yoga'

*Trudie Styler must be one HAPPY woman*
my best friend says yoga is codename for *OTHER* activities. I was scandalised.
biggrin.gif

------------------

Mona, this is very sad! Are you going to any other shows, or was this it? Can't you just go and see if you can buy a ticket from someone else? How are you staying so calm? You could put "Bono's hot tamale" in your resume!

BTW, I had an idea for your story. It's not for awhile, but you're gonna like it (I hope!)!

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
Mona, this is very sad! Are you going to any other shows, or was this it? Can't you just go and see if you can buy a ticket from someone else? How are you staying so calm? You could put "Bono's hot tamale" in your resume!

BTW, I had an idea for your story. It's not for awhile, but you're gonna like it (I hope!)!
1. some radio stations have been trying to give away tickets today, but it's weird. One is like 'do gross things and we'll give you tix!' another put some tix on an auction, and they eventually went for over $4000. *moth flies out of Mona's pockets*

2. a girl in my english class is going. maybe she'll take pics for me!

3. I want to gooooooo.....it would have been my first show. Unless Bono takes a good vacation I don't think they'll tour as much for the next cd

4. I love Bono

5. NOW I'm excited about my story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------

It's your FIRST SHOW??!!! You're missing you're first show??!!!! I can't stand it!
frown.gif

Mona!!!! Just do what I did with my first show! Show up and get a ticket!! Even a crappy one! You've GOT TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I'm more upset about this than YOU are!)

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
It's your FIRST SHOW??!!! You're missing you're first show??!!!! I can't stand it!
frown.gif

Mona!!!! Just do what I did with my first show! Show up and get a ticket!! Even a crappy one! You've GOT TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I'm more upset about this than YOU are!)
is that possible? everything's sold out. *pulls hair out* curses. Now I'm sad again. Bono I miss you

------------------

Mona-you should really go there and get in line-they might put some on sale.Or check online-but I don't know if you can get those-I think you can and pick them up @ will call.

Bono is WAITING to see you there!

Guys if Bono doesn't perform as his usual elevated self tonight in Baltimore, it's my fault. He's in love with me, and if he doesn't see me there, he'll be sad, and not even Edgey will give him lovin.

------------------

Guys if Bono doesn't perform as his usual elevated self tonight in Baltimore, it's my fault. He's in love with me, and if he doesn't see me there, he'll be sad, and not even Edgey will give him lovin.

Aw, you are SO CUTE Mona!!

*wonders how Edgey has any lovin' left over for Bono after, um, lovin Gina*

If you get Bono to my house, Gina, then I wont' tell him about you and Edge. I think he'd get jealous.

"Your lids are droopy!" -my eye doctor

lol

------------------

I agree. Mona, I hope I'm not making you feel bad, that's not the idea at all. I just wanted to make sure you weren't just giving up.

Maybe someone will GIVE you their tix. During Popmart I had so many extra tix (they were really crappy) I would totally have given them away or sold them at rock bottom prices. Definitely get thyself over there at once!

Originally posted by mocool12:
Well Mona, if there's abolutely no way that you can get tix, then you should at least go down to the arena!!! Go stand by the unloading ramps (or whatever they're called) and wait for the boys to show up!!! You could meet Bono! Get an autograph!
I would sooo do that if I were in your place girl.

Hey, Wildhoney!
I went to Georgetown myself!
If you need any advice on GU, let me know
smile.gif

Mona, Mona, Mona.... what is it that I'm hearing??? U2 is in your town and you are home, behind the computer??? Are you nuts???

I won't push you about the tickets, I've seen you have gotten all the advice I was about to give you. For a real fan, there is ALWAYS a way to get tickets, for face value, I promise. So if you have $45, that should be enough. And even though you think it's hopeless, get to the arena and try to meet them when they arrive!!!! Some times I have thought that it would be nice to not going to a show just to be able to try to catch them by the hotel or outside the venue, you have the chancem take it!!

And now, a true story, from Chicago this spring. A friend of mine, she had no ticket, she hang around when the band arrived, got to talk to Bono and told him about the ticketsituation (it was mad, a lot of fake tickets, insane prices) he said he was so sorry. Then he left. Half an hour, an hour later one of their security came out and asked for her and her friend and said that he had been told by Bono to go and get them and bring them in. SO there she was, first to get inside and choose whatever spot she wanted! It can happen to you too!!

SO, get your butt out of the house and try to get some Bonoloving, ok??? My dear sleevefetish friend, promise me you will do that???!!! At least you have them so close, now it's up to you to get them even closer!!!

Go and get them Mona!!!!

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

yes, Mona, you *must* go! it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and one that you'll never forget!
smile.gif

Miss Zooropa- that Chicago story is AWESOME! oh my lord, some people are soooo lucky.

If you get Bono to my house, Gina, then I wont' tell him about you and Edge. I think he'd get jealous.
"Your lids are droopy!" -my eye doctor
lol

ROTFL!!!!Do ya think Bono would be jealous of me and Larry???

*it's OK Bono-I love you-too*

'Your hair is too thick'- my hairdresser

Hey! My hair lady says my hair is too thick, too!

biggrin.gif
Gina is reinstated as my PLEBA soulmate!

"You have a pair of full, fine-shaped lips" -my art teacher. lol

lol someone tell Bono how attractive we are!

------------------

Mona, this is what you do.

At 5:00 ish, you walk over to the venue. Maybe even earlier. You check w. the box office to see if there have been or will be any last minute releases.

Then you go up and down the GA line asking if anyone knows of anyone trying to unload any kind of tickets. When I was in Montreal, my friend was desperately trying to sell her seats, because she got GA at the last minute.

If that doesn't work (and I bet it will), go and bargain w. a scalper. Even if it means arriving in the show a bit late, because the prices will go down drastically as the show lets in.

But Mona, if you leave Bono crying for you because you didn't make 100% of an effort, you will kick yourself to kingdome come!!!

OPEN LETTER TO MY BOYS:

Just because I may not be able to attend the show tonight, do not restrain yourselves from becoming as elevated as humanly possible.

*sniff* I know it'll be hard.

Bono: Please give the Baltimorons their moneys worth and show them how they elevate your...."soul." Then come to my house. We'll have cookies!

Adam: Simulate love making by hitting the piece of vibrating wood, or whatever it is that you do.

Edge: Come to my house afterward and help me with my calculus homework

Larry: TAKE IT OFF! WOO!!

------------------

Back
Top Bottom