it aches!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miss-U2

Refugee
i can't move my wrist anymore :sad:
that is soooo weird!! i have back problems u know... very often, i have backaches :( a doc told me that when it becomes too painful, there's a nerve linking the back and the hand, so the pain is going to my hand and wrist when my back can't stand the pain anymore :ohmy: :huh: so well, i can't move my wrist and i can't move my back anyway :eyebrow: wtf?????

and i have an exam on monday and the last one on tuesday :scream: then i am gonna see my boyfriend :heart:

i felt a bit down yesterday, i think i am gonna feel better today, but i wanted to post here, cos i know how much i feel better then :hug: :hug:

i hope you are all fine :wave:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww Em! I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you get better soon! :hug:

And you are not the only one with hand problems. I have a horrible lump on my wrist: I eman, you can't see it but I surely can feckin`feel it!:madspit:

The doc said it's due to using the computer all day long. He said that if it bugging me, I can have surgery to remove it. He said it's a very simple procedure and ti doesn't hurt at all.

So I'm thinking abouthaving it removed in August, after the congress I'm organising is over; right now I can't afford not using the computer! :huh:

Ouch! You girls have carpal tunnel syndrome! This is very common in the U.S. I'm lucky, I don't have it. My boss at the library does. It's not fun. Take care!

kellyahern said:
I hope both of you feel better :hug:

Thanks Kelly! :D

I don't think my problem is as bad as Emilie's. Some days it doesn't hurt at all, but other...oh boy! I can't even rest my hand on the table because it's pure hell! :madspit:

oooooo ouch! sympathetic sigh to both of you. Feel better!

prehaps,
Emilie since you mention your back as well, in the Fall when you return or somewhere in your part of france ....perhaps an Accupuncherist who's also is a soft-method chiropractor?

oh, you are too young to have back problems! {#not# that being older is an "automatic ticket to backpains-ville}
Luckly painfull as I sometimes get them, it lasts 1 -3 days and not more usually than 2xs yr, if even that. I kind of know when I'm sitting wrong for too long, have to shift to stop or dimminish a pontential painfest.

good luck on your tests, too!

So, Miss U2, it sounds like you are having reflected pain from your back into your hand(s). I have had this also. Do you know what is the cause for your back pain? I have degenerative disc disease, and sometimes the pain is so intense I literally cannot move. I sympathise with you.
Good luck with your exams, and also with your boyfriend.
You'll feel much better when you get back home, with someone to take care of you. The impoverished life of a student is not conducive to well-being.
Have a cool summer, and get well!:wave:

awww thanx everybody :hug:
i don't know what are my back problems... just a stupid thing i think :rolleyes:

and you know what??? this week is really NOT my week.... i keep doing things wrong :sad: everyday, a new person is arguing with me... it started with my mum at the phone, then i was a friend of mine, then it was my boyfriend and finally another friend of mine :eyebrow: who is it gonna be today?? :huh:

geez, i am soooo tired of stuff like this :no:

I've dealt with tenosynovitis due to computer use. When your hands hurt, you cannot do anything. It's not only painful, it's annoying.

Follow your doctor's directions carefully, and be sure to let him know of any bad side effects from any medications he prescribes; he can prescribe you an alternate medication or therapy.

Good luck.

ME2U2 said:
Hope you are both feeling better today.

Does the mention of a certain person's birthday help at all???

:hug: :hug:

Today is not a good day at all, at all... My wrist has been bugging me all weekend and today it's been the worst so far.

That's why i rang the clinic I usually go to and got a last minute appoinment with a traumatologist.

I wish I could have surgery soon, but seeing the amount of work I ahve, that's not gonna happen until September at least :huh:

Thank God for the U2 cd's I brought to work! They take my mind from the pain... lol:

Well, I had an appointment with my traumatologist last night, and after getting some x rays done, he said the pain i have in my wrist is all down to computer use. ( Like I didn't know that! :madspit: ). He said it wasn't the bone, it was just all the synovial fluid getting stuck in the joint.

So now I have to go to a few kinesiology sessions and then see him again to check if there is any improvement. :huh:

poor girls! there is no age that is too young to degenerate! take it from me. i have two crap shoulders. one has a torn tendon with tendonitis and bursitis, the other one just pops really weird all the time. i have two crap knees because my kneecaps grew funny or something. its soooo embarrasing because if i try to jog or run i end up falling on my face a lot because they give out! :( it is the stupidest thing. oh, and the tendonitis in my shoulder traveled to my wrist so i have a lump on it too. its great for grossing out people but it friggin hurts sometimes. i really try not to whine about anything when it hurts because that would get on my friends nerves. the sucky thing is that i have a really physical job and i hurt all the time. oh by the way, i'm only 18! hey, maybe if i see bono he can just kiss me and everything would be better! we should all go to him for healing. mmm, hello doctor! havent played that game in a long time. :D all my sorrows are washed away now.

Back
Top Bottom