Isn't This Just Completely Bizarre?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SweetPea

The Fly
Ok...now listen to this, and tell me if it's not completely insane, and like something from the twilight zone!
So, I wasn't going to be able to go to the concert in Montreal. I'm a poor student, and I accepted that I wasn't going to be going. (I went to the last Montreal show, though
smile.gif
) Anyways, in the recent weeks, I've turned a friend of mine (shall we say, Al) into a U2 fan. Now, Al wanted to go to the upcoming concert in Montreal too, but, like me, Al is a poor student. He, like myself, tried to win concert tickets from the local radio station, but to no avail. Yesterday, I get an ICQ message from Al saying that there is a slim chance that he could get tickets from a friend of his aunt's, who works for the local radio station.
So today, as I was sitting in the living room doing calculus homeowrk, I get a phone call, from Al, saying he got the tickets. When I asked how, he said that a man sent him $100 American (which he already has, so that's not a scam). Al had posted a message on some forum, saying how much it sucked being a poor student who couldn't afford to do anything fun. So this man sends Al an email, saying that he's sending $100 so that Al can enjoy himself, because this man knows how it feels to be a poor student. So Al called Escape Routes and Great Canadian Tours, who are selling packages to the concert that include a preconcert party, and got 2 packages. So he now has 2 packages for less than the price of one!
So Al and I are off to the concert on Friday, with 2 general admission tickets, as well as a preconcert party!
Question: what exactly is GA?
Anyways, things like this really make you think that you were meant to be somewhere at some time....it's all too weird, and I'm still feeling pretty dumbstruck...happy, but dumbstruck!

------------------
*It's just a moment
This time will pass*

GA is general admission. That was a good story...proves there are decent humans out there after all...
smile.gif

Congrats! Thats such a cool story!

BTW - GA's are the best tickets to have - get there early and you can be in the heart.

nice story. I?m happy for you that you?ll be able to see U2 again
smile.gif

------------------
Action-Packed Mentallist

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Could this man that sent your friend money be one of the members of U2?? *gasp* could very well be
eek.gif

Bono I need lunch money!!! send now
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

That is unbelievable!!! and it's so great for you too
smile.gif
smile.gif
so I guess I'll see ya there tomorrow
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Can't believe how generous that is!

------------------
"The goal is elevation"
"Midnight is when the day begins"

Back
Top Bottom