Is this Bono or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zabie

The Fly
Hello girls, I do need your expertise :lol:

Here's a video that was on many news program in Montreal this week-end. They were all proud because they caught "Bono" walking on the street....

The thing is... I'm quite sure that it's not the real Bono! But people say that I'm crazy to say that it's not him... since it was on the news it must be the real one :eyebrow:

Not the same hat, not the same bodyguard, not the same coat...

So, what do you think? :nerd:

diffusion.astralmedia.com/bono.mov
(just add the http://)

Last edited:
If that's Bono, he's hit his fat Elvis period a little earlier than projected. :wink:

I thought I'd use this opportunity to make my first post(yay!)

I saw that exact same guy at the 2nd Montreal show. He was standing next to the soundboard and I did a double take when I saw him. At first glance he looks identical to him, right down to the accessories and the height. After a second look though, it's obvious it's not him and for that matter, why would he be standing out in the crowd? :lol:

What's funny is a little later I saw another wannabe-Bono, this time wearing the green, backwards hat that B has, same shades, etc.. seems someone's looking for a bit of attention :shrug: It was entertaining, nonetheless.

That is so not Bono, lol. It made me laugh at the end when you hear they guy say 'that IS Bono!'

Um, no. :eyebrow:

Zabie,

It's not Bono...his name is Matt and he is from Toronto.

Hugs
Lovveu2 aka Blondie :wave:

My sister saw this Bono wannabe in a restaurant sunday. People were coming out to him to shake hand, take pictures and sign autographs:huh: word spread fast in the restaurent that Bono was in the place, obviously my sister went nuts and approched him but immediately saw that it wasn't him...her boyfriend asked him : are you Bono ? and the guy didn't reply. My sister kept telling the persons that he was fake but some wanted to believe it was him. Apparently that guy travels in the city's where U2 performs and get a kick out of it. What a moron:madspit:

Preciosa said:
My sister saw this Bono wannabe in a restaurant sunday. People were coming out to him to shake hand, take pictures and sign autographs:huh: word spread fast in the restaurent that Bono was in the place, obviously my sister went nuts and approched him but immediately saw that it wasn't him...her boyfriend asked him : are you Bono ? and the guy didn't reply. My sister kept telling the persons that he was fake but some wanted to believe it was him. Apparently that guy travels in the city's where U2 performs and get a kick out of it. What a moron:madspit:
Wow, that's so wrong..

It's one thing to dress up for the fun of it, but to try and actually convince people that he's the real deal.. How pathetic. :censored:

Oh! Is he the annoying fake Bono who was at a Toronto show with fake bodyguards? :yikes: [/B][/QUOTE]

That would be the one ;)!

kafrun said:
I thought I'd use this opportunity to make my first post(yay!)

What's funny is a little later I saw another wannabe-Bono, this time wearing the green, backwards hat that B has, same shades, etc.. seems someone's looking for a bit of attention :shrug: It was entertaining, nonetheless.

Hi Kafrun

Sorry to disappoint, Im not a wannabe-Bono. I was at that show wearing my hat because I had just come off stage from doing a pre-U2 party (with my band) and my hair was all messed up...

Not looking for any attention, lol..I don't walk into restaurants with security or an entourage (unless you count my bandmates and whatever other friends are along lol)

Hope to see you again sometime, this time say hello... :)

(as for fake Bono, all I have to say about him is :lmao: )

gabrielvox said:

Hi Kafrun

Sorry to disappoint, Im not a wannabe-Bono. I was at that show wearing my hat because I had just come off stage from doing a pre-U2 party (with my band) and my hair was all messed up...

Not looking for any attention, lol..I don't walk into restaurants with security or an entourage (unless you count my bandmates and whatever other friends are along lol)

Hope to see you again sometime, this time say hello... :)

(as for fake Bono, all I have to say about him is :lmao: )

I wasn't referring to you as the one looking for attention, I was referring to the guy with the fake bodyguards, signing autographs and what not :rant:

Very cool outfit by the way :wink:

kafrun said:

I wasn't referring to you as the one looking for attention, I was referring to the guy with the fake bodyguards, signing autographs and what not :rant:

Very cool outfit by the way :wink:

oh ok

my nerves were just a bit raw...in Toronto someone thought maybe4 it was me pulling that kind of stunt...meh..

lol

gabrielvox said:

oh ok

my nerves were just a bit raw...in Toronto someone thought maybe4 it was me pulling that kind of stunt...meh..

lol

it's all good, if I see you again I'll say hi :cool:

If I see HIM again, I'll give him one of these :madwife:

....thats really kind of weird....

but I think if I saw him, I might just ask for a picture with him.

pathatic, but I don't think I'm ever gonna get close enough to the real thing---seeing that I'm a 5 foot blonde with green eyes. Not a brunette with brown eyes.

LOL!!! :)

That's really sad..................but wow he looks like him....

was anyone at the 9/20 show and saw that short skinny guy that looked just like Bono....THAT was creepy ;)

partygirl43 said:
I don't think I'm ever gonna get close enough to the real thing---seeing that I'm a 5 foot blonde with green eyes. Not a brunette with brown eyes.

LOL!!! :)

Don't lose hope, I don't think Bono discriminates. I'm 5' 8" blonde with blue eyes and I have a nice picture with the B-Man!

:camera: + :bono: = :faint:

Achtung_Bebe said:

Don't lose hope, I don't think Bono discriminates. I'm 5' 8" blonde with blue eyes and I have a nice picture with the B-Man!

:camera: + :bono: = :faint:

thank you for making my chances a little bigger!!!
I'm also a 5'8" blonde with blue eyes... :drool: the only thing missing is haven't ever seen Bono...
also, were you as tall as him? (sorry I just have to ask it!)

Back
Top Bottom