Is this Bono? I don't think so ... at all.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
biff said:

A humanitarian, a genuine and pure soul....

Let me guess - You're Pavel, right?

How many people here (who are from all over the world) would have heard that on what we must presume was a local radio station? Why would that even have been on the radio?
(NEWS FLASH! The person seen in Boston was not, I repeat not, Bono, but actually Pavel, the humanitarian and paid Bono impersonator, who is really a genuine and pure soul just in town visiting his family.)

:lol:

Biff, have I told you lately that I love you? :lmao:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Even if I checked this guy's earings, I'd have no clue if it is really Pavel or some other guy. I have hardly paid any attention to his pics... :D

I should have done the same. :) The only way I remember him is by those nasty earrings. Did Bono ever were earrings like that? :yikes: Hope not.

Bono's Betty said:
I should have done the same. :) The only way I remember him is by those nasty earrings. Did Bono ever were earrings like that? :yikes: Hope not.
Bono has better taste than that.

Personally I find it hilarious that Pavel can't get the earrings right. You'd think someone would tell him. But at the same time, maybe people are purposely not telling him, so that they can point and laugh behind his back.

And for the record. I find nothing wrong with tribute bands or Bono impersonators who openly acknowledge that they are not the real thing. It's one thing to be in character on stage, that's required, it's even okay to play the part off stage, at U2 concerts or events or whatever.
But if someone quite obviously believes you're the real thing, it's cruel to just let them. If a girl is throwing herself at your feet, you should do the decent thing and let her know what's really going on. Letting people think you're the real thing, and going so far as to sign autographs as Bono, is just going way too far and taking advantage of the human desire to meet someone famous that they admire, just for the sake of getting attention and stroking your ego. THAT's what I have a problem with.
It's the few rotten Pavel eggs in the barrel that spoil the reputations of the rest of the nice impersonators.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Bono has better taste than that.

Personally I find it hilarious that Pavel can't get the earrings right. You'd think someone would tell him. But at the same time, maybe people are purposely not telling him, so that they can point and laugh behind his back.

And for the record. I find nothing wrong with tribute bands or Bono impersonators who openly acknowledge that they are not the real thing. It's one thing to be in character on stage, that's required, it's even okay to play the part off stage, at U2 concerts or events or whatever.
But if someone quite obviously believes you're the real thing, it's cruel to just let them. If a girl is throwing herself at your feet, you should do the decent thing and let her know what's really going on. Letting people think you're the real thing, and going so far as to sign autographs as Bono, is just going way too far and taking advantage of the human desire to meet someone famous that they admire, just for the sake of getting attention and stroking your ego. THAT's what I have a problem with.
It's the few rotten Pavel eggs in the barrel that spoil the reputations of the rest of the nice impersonators.

oh gawd - he never signed bono instead of pavel. he never said he was bono, he was never asked if he was the real deal. he never 'plays the part' off stage or when not being paid as an impersonator... you people can be so gullable. ya he takes pics with people, per their request - he never offers that... he never offers an autograph either... where is the photograph of the autograph anyway? how come that was never posted? because it was a vicious lie - based off of jealousy after his today show appearance. thats all. and yeah, bono used to wear the cross earring... if i didnt have a life and need to go to work right now, id search and post it.

juggsalicious said:
he never said he was bono, he was never asked if he was the real deal.

and yeah, bono used to wear the cross earring... if i didnt have a life and need to go to work right now, id search and post it.

he never said he was Bono, that's correct, but what annoys me is that he DID let people think he WAS Bono..... who cares if they don't ask if it's him, HE should make clear he's not Bono..

and I am VERY curious to see this picture, cause I have over 4000 Bono pictures and none of them have said earring...

and I'm sooo jealous about his appearance on the today show..... wtf is the today show??

Last edited:
juggsalicious said:
oh gawd - he never signed bono instead of pavel. he never said he was bono, he was never asked if he was the real deal. he never 'plays the part' off stage or when not being paid as an impersonator... you people can be so gullable. ya he takes pics with people, per their request - he never offers that... he never offers an autograph either... where is the photograph of the autograph anyway? how come that was never posted? because it was a vicious lie - based off of jealousy after his today show appearance. thats all. and yeah, bono used to wear the cross earring... if i didnt have a life and need to go to work right now, id search and post it.
Jealous of his appearance on the Today show? That was like two weeks ago. This thread was started eight months ago. So that logic isn't going to fly.

Granted, I don't know for a fact that Pavel has done any of the things I just accused him of, I haven't met the man myself, but I've been given the distinct impression that he has from people that have. Until he comes out and confronts these accusations himself, and finds some way to convince me otherwise, I'll continue believing what I already believe. And honestly, even if he tried to convince me himself, I'm not sure that I would believe him. But that's okay. That's my right as a human with free will. I can believe whatever I want to believe.
Who are you, anyway? Are you Pavel-in-disguise trying to plead his case? Or are you just the Save Pavel! brigade trying to clear his name? Why do you even care so much what we think of him? If we're wrong, let us be wrong. I don't see why it's such a huge deal.

fly so high! said:

bonolookalike.jpg

I just figured out who this is!

It's Joe Pesci with Bulgaris!!!!

:lmao:

I remembered this from a few months ago, and it took me a while to find. I'm sure some of you remember this.
A writer covering the Kentucky Derby met "Bono" at the races and spent some time with him. He most definitely allowed her to think that he was the real deal, even though he obviously wasn't. The real Bono was in Grand Rapids and then in Dallas on the days of the Derby. Not only that, but of course his hair was VERY different from the person's hair in this pic. Here's the pic that was posted in the article:

pavel.jpg

Look familiar?

Here's what the writer said:

The cavalcade of greatness didn’t end there. Later on Sunday, I arrived at my gate to spy, going relatively unnoticed, Bono, U2’s lead singer. Bono’s songs have taken people on great spiritual journeys, but beyond U2, Bono has dedicated himself to the fight against poverty, and in particular the developing world’s crippling debt burden. We discussed the ONE campaign, hunger and extreme poverty and, less importantly, my world of golf (which he has tried, but doesn’t play regularly). As we parted, he left me with this: “I hope U2 is able to inspire you to make a difference in your world”.

Pathetic.
:|

juggsalicious said:

Yes, you're right, Bono did wear a crucifix earring for a short time during the Rattle and Hum era but it was made of plain gold and certainly didn't look anything like the gaudy thing this Pavel bloke wears! :barf:

And as for your claim that these people, who have been duped by your 'mate' Pavel, are lying, the first question that comes to mind is WHY? Why would they lie about being made fools by this phony?!? I mean, I don't think anyone takes much pleasure into admitting how gullible they've been and making themselves looks like star struck fools!!! :huh:
And I repeat GaleonGirls question, what today show?!?
:scratch:

Heh. I looked, went, "Not him - hair's all wrong." Bono has a much more defined widow's peak, not to mention the hair itself is way too coarse, not fine enough. Bono's always had fine, silky/coarse (don't ask me how to describe that - I can't! I just know!), and reddish. Except during Joshua Tree. And even that was very faintly red.

what amused me more, that picture, when you rightclick on it and you see the link... it says 310107... aka today.. yea right, long haired Bono

check the site again! it's taken off!!!!!

hcbiggs2002 said:

Yes, you're right, Bono did wear a crucifix earring for a short time during the Rattle and Hum era but it was made of plain gold and certainly didn't look anything like the gaudy thing this Pavel bloke wears! :barf:

I know I'm quoting myself here, but I realize now, after finely finding the time to look through all of the thousands of my Bono photos in my U2 books, computer files etc., that GG was right and that Bono has NEVER worn a crucifix earring! The plain gold crucifix I was thinking of was the one he used to wear around his neck and that it was Larry who wore a crucifix earring, a very small barely noticeable gold one on his left ear! :lol:

:wink: I know HCB, but thanks for confirming it...

:hmm: I wonder if this guy will return to answer our questions... I'm interested in what he has to say, gotta admit that!

ya you are right - this guy is a freak. he seriously is not capable of removing the glasses and dress up gear, even when he is not 'working'. i feel that he seriously has mental issues and thinks he really IS bono. if you view his myspace profile, he has pics up of bono - like he is passing them off as himself - meeting the pope...
awhile ago, we were in a bar together, and he is spilling his guts to some drunks, about how he hosted terrorists in his own home yada yada yada even shedding tears about it... i almost spit out my drink as the one guy stopped him and laughed and said, dude - why are you still doing the irish brogue???

^Why the turncoat now?

You've done everything up until now to support your "friend" Pavel, and rail against everyone's criticisms of his behavior!

:eyebrow:

juggsalicious said:
ya you are right - this guy is a freak. he seriously is not capable of removing the glasses and dress up gear, even when he is not 'working'. i feel that he seriously has mental issues and thinks he really IS bono. if you view his myspace profile, he has pics up of bono - like he is passing them off as himself - meeting the pope...
awhile ago, we were in a bar together, and he is spilling his guts to some drunks, about how he hosted terrorists in his own home yada yada yada even shedding tears about it... i almost spit out my drink as the one guy stopped him and laughed and said, dude - why are you still doing the irish brogue???

hosted terrorists in his home:huh: what's that about?

glad you see things from our perspective now! I hope everybody else gets to their senses soon to! :hug:

Well, Bono hosted Salman Rushdie back in the 90´s when Ayatollah Khomeini issued a fatwa agaisnt him because of the Satanic Verses, but there´s no way this man could be considered a terrorist.

If Pavel was in fact refering to this episode, he was definately talking out of his arse and needs to get his facts checked.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Well, Bono hosted Salman Rushdie back in the 90´s when Ayatollah Khomeini issued a fatwa agaisnt him because of the Satanic Verses, but there´s no way this man could be considered a terrorist.

If Pavel was in fact refering to this episode, he was definately talking out of his arse and needs to get his facts checked.

no, pavel wasnt referring to when bono did it - pavel hosted and harbored terrorists in his own tiny aparment in san diego!

he is just a big mooch and a sleeze.

juggsalicious said:

no, pavel wasnt referring to when bono did it - pavel hosted and harbored terrorists in his own tiny aparment in san diego!

he is just a big mooch and a sleeze.

Oh! I see. I got that totally wrong then. :wink:

Do you mind if I ask why the big change of opinion about Pavel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom