Is Larry crying during 40 on the Chicago DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Before Bono launches into the sing along of how long, the camera cuts to Larry, who appears to be teary eyed...

Any info if he was crying or what not?

I've noticed that too. He looks like he is about cry. It's an emotional moment.
I get the feeling that he knows that the band may not be around much longer, and when they do play their last-ever gig, they will play 40 as the last song and I think Larry knows that. The song is so emotional. I think most U2 fans will expect 40 to be their last ever song they play.

Windmilllane said:
I get the feeling that he knows that the band may not be around much longer, and when they do play their last-ever gig, they will play 40 as the last song and I think Larry knows that. The song is so emotional. I think most U2 fans will expect 40 to be their last ever song they play.

or maybe he is in pain from playing.....:shrug:

Ah, nothing better than those stretches where U2 aren't touring/releasing albums. :drool:

I think he realizes at that moment how many Interferencers can't see the brilliance of this last album. :sad:

I almost bawled too!!! :wink:

I think he was probably a bit in pain AND sad because the song IS sad.....every time I hear it it makes me want to tear up. I tear up because I love the song, and it is also the sign the show is over, it is the last song.....even when my U2 tribute band friends do 40 at their shows I get very sad at the first note of 40 because I know the show is soon over. :sad:

He was crying because he knows he's not a very good drummer. :wink:

theu2fly said:
Before Bono launches into the sing along of how long, the camera cuts to Larry, who appears to be teary eyed...

Any info if he was crying or what not?

Yes he's crying because he won't be seeing me again for another 40 years. Oh the pain. Woe. :sad:

Windmilllane said:

actually, he is crying because he just realized that he is old and has a greasy mullet and girls will only pay attention to him if he is hot

Larry has drummed all the way through loads of other shows without shedding a tear because of his arms. If his arms were hurting him that much that he starts crying by the end of some shows, I think he'd have to reconsider his career choice.

When his arms are bothering him, he takes painkillers or uses those strappy things you sometimes see him wearing.

I haven't watched the dvd in a while, but I doubt he was crying. He was probably just putting a lot of effort into his drumming. When he concentrates really hard or is hitting the drums really hard, he gets a look on his face like he's about to cry. Eg. Sunday Bloody Sunday, Slane dvd.

Thats right buddy , he's cryin coz people though he was crying .

BTW u think Larry was cryin , kinda sad , but in the other hand did ya all saw how pretty Adam was , with everything , playing guitar again and all , he makes that face 'Oh I missed playing this '

Back
Top Bottom