Is Larry crying during 40 on the Chicago DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they said Bono was visibly crying on stage during Popmart when Princess Diana died...and before "Gone" he kept saying "shes gone, shes gone, shes gone"

schnumi said:
You are talking about the Slane Castle dvd. :)

And the song is Kite. Watch it and you can see that Bono really is about to go and cry, his eyes are full of tears.

Ofcourse because that song was for his father who died very recently.

No, I'm talking about Earl's Court, Aug. 21, the very day his dad died. He started crying during WOWY and could barely finish the song. He may have cried during Kite, I don't remember or didn't notice it then. During WOWY, he stops singing, throws his hands in the air, and turns around. The crowd finishes the song.

He also got choked up during One at the first Slane gig. You can hear him struggling with the song and I think someone told me he also turned around during that song.

Neither of these were on the Slane DVD b/c the DVD is the second Slane show.

that sounds kinda understandable!
I have the audio of that show, and now I get why he didn't finish it :)
Gotta be tough to sing an emotional show the very same day your father dies... He's a tough guy that he didn't cancel the show, but I guess he needed to get his mind distracted a bit...

Galeongirl said:
that sounds kinda understandable!
I have the audio of that show, and now I get why he didn't finish it :)
Gotta be tough to sing an emotional show the very same day your father dies... He's a tough guy that he didn't cancel the show, but I guess he needed to get his mind distracted a bit...

:yes:

It's sad to watch, even with the crappy quality of the video. I watched it once and I don't think I'll ever watch it again.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

:yes:

It's sad to watch, even with the crappy quality of the video. I watched it once and I don't think I'll ever watch it again.

oh I'd like to see that, do you have that video? I only have the audio, and it's very moving :)
I'm uploading the audio on a SF project now, if anyone's interested I can post the link here

I have it on an NTSC VHS tape. I could send it to you, but really the quality is very very poor, and I'm not sure this format plays in Europe?

Galeongirl said:

oh I'd like to see that, do you have that video? I only have the audio, and it's very moving :)
I'm uploading the audio on a SF project now, if anyone's interested I can post the link here

I am interested! Can you post the link?

Galeongirl said:

I’ve got a PAL DVD of this show, like Lies said it isn’t the best quality. Galeongirl, if you can’t find it online and you want me to send it to you email me pattip2000 @ hotmail.com

Larry is actually a robot and incapable of human emotions. Thus it is impossible for him to cry.

If you mean Larry making weird/funny faces than read this::

A recent review in a British Magazine described you as having a face of someone swallowing piss… How do you feel about that?
"It made me laugh out loud. And the thought crossed my mind that if I see another one of those signs with SMILE LARRY I might have to use some of my drum sticks for more than drumming. Sadly for me I’m not a multi-tasker. I can only concentrate on one thing at a time. And for 25 years it’s been hitting things. And when I master that I promise I’ll smile and wave and set up my own charity." -Larry

Wah ha ha ha ha ha!!

Back
Top Bottom