Is Larry crying during 40 on the Chicago DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aww, poor Larry. Wow. Funny as him shrieking like a girl sounds...I kinda don't want to laugh at the poor man.

bonocomet said:
I can't remember where I heard it though.... I just remember something about Bono stealing Larry's underwear and wearing them during a show, and Larry was pissed. :shrug:

i think that is from lola cashman's book - and the story was that lola was buying the band's underwear and bono decided he wanted the same type as larry. and larry got pissed because he was worried that his drawers and bono's might get mixed up in the wash. (lola is probably not the most reliable source, though.)

but truly, i think larry IS crying during 40 because he relaizes his tears will cause all of interference to post in this thread without realizing they are in PLEBA!

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

346664997%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323986%3C7%3B3%3B6ot1lsi
:bow:
That is fantastic!

nurse chrissi said:
I was there - I can confirm several cats in attendance that night - plus a handful of evil music critics :wink:
So that's what he's really looking at toward the end of the song, when Bono is shining the spotlight up into the audience... all of the scary kitties stalking the upper levels, waiting to pounce :wink:

Last edited:
Well, Larry is crying during Sunday Bloody Sunday on the Boston Elevation DVD, I always assumed it was because it was a touchy subject for the band, because Bono is crying too, and the Edge has a blank gaze, and Adam's just doing his job being cool... but they all seem REALLY sad at the end of SBS...
Maybe it was pain good point...

Devlin said:
Random: Larry's not a strict vegetarian, is he?

What's the difference between a vegetarian and a 'strict vegetarian' iyo then?

being one myself i can only say that vegetarians don't eat meat or fish, but they do eat eggs + dairy products

vegans don't eat any dairy or egg products

City7 said:
Well, Larry is crying during Sunday Bloody Sunday on the Boston Elevation DVD, I always assumed it was because it was a touchy subject for the band, because Bono is crying too, and the Edge has a blank gaze, and Adam's just doing his job being cool... but they all seem REALLY sad at the end of SBS...
Maybe it was pain good point...

I never noticed this. Got any still of them w/ tears?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I never noticed this. Got any still of them w/ tears?

I never noticed it aswell, but then again, I don't see tears in B's eyes during kite either.. the only moment I"ve seen him crying was at the King centre, with the late Coretta Scott King...

Galeongirl said:
I never noticed it aswell, but then again, I don't see tears in B's eyes during kite either.. the only moment I"ve seen him crying was at the King centre, with the late Coretta Scott King...

Yeah, I don't call it crying unless there's tears. If every pained or sad face Bono made during concert was really him crying, the man's probably spent 1/4 of his life in tears!

The closest I've seen to Bono crying is the footage from the show the day his dad died, but even then he just steps away from the mic and looks away.

I doubt if Bono was crying during SBS on the Boston DVD. He was probably pissed b/c he had ice thrown at him during the song!

I doubt if Bono was crying during SBS on the Boston DVD. He was probably pissed b/c he had ice thrown at him during the song!

really??? I never noticed that aswell.. :hmm: kinda coïncidentally since a dutch singer(Lange Frans, known for his song AGAINST violence!) had a fight in a club because a guy trew an ice cube against his head... and now they don't want him to play at the may5 festival anymore(wich is to celebrate the liberation, WW2 stuff) :shrug: some people..

Larry has a rare muscle condition in his hands, he has his drumsticks specially made, it can be painful every once in a while...i imagine that his hands are sore to some extent after every show

Sting said:
Larry's Tears cure Cancer. Too bad he never cries.

errrr... nope

that would be Chuck Norris' tears
:wink:

He who is also the reason why Waldo is hiding and who can beat you at chess with only his king and who can divide by zero.

sorray!

Love this question: Larry is absolutely crying during 40 in the Chicago DVD, but none of us can know why. Some of my speculations, whether you care to hear them or not (!): his love of God, obviously Psalm 40; he is missing his family; he is a Scorpio and emotional by nature--take your pick or add more!

Yeah, I don't call it crying unless there's tears. If every pained or sad face Bono made during concert was really him crying, the man's probably spent 1/4 of his life in tears!

The closest I've seen to Bono crying is the footage from the show the day his dad died, but even then he just steps away from the mic and looks away.

You are talking about the Slane Castle dvd. :)

And the song is Kite. Watch it and you can see that Bono really is about to go and cry, his eyes are full of tears.

Ofcourse because that song was for his father who died very recently.

I wouldn't be surprised if all of them cried from time to time during shows. After all, doing such a show IS very emotional, and it would be strange if they would not be moved to tears from time to time. Also, didn't Bono say that he cries A LOT? To me, he seems like a very emotional person. Actually, I love that about him.

schnumi said:
You are talking about the Slane Castle dvd. :)

And the song is Kite. Watch it and you can see that Bono really is about to go and cry, his eyes are full of tears.

Ofcourse because that song was for his father who died very recently.

Kite Boston... I already took my opinion back on that... there is a tear sliding down his cheek there...

I didn't see anything on Slane tho...

I posted the Elevation Boston DVD performance of "Walk On" in The Goal is Soul under "Wow, this is an amazing performance". If you click on the Youtube link and fastforward it to about 04:00 and watch until the end, Larry looks like he's crying there too. I love the end of that performance w/Bono thanking Jesus, the Hallelujahs, everything. It's my all-time fav. performance of "Walk On". Does anyone else see this?

"What no man can own...No man can take.": Yahweh-U2

Back
Top Bottom