Is Brad Pitt a Fan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
I have an article from 1987 where Brad Pitt states that he's a U2 fan.

Of course, back in 1987, who wasn't a U2 fan? ;)

However, come the mid-90's, I couldn't help but notice Brad Pitt emulating Bono's clothes in a Vanity Fair article (note that the Vanity Fair article came out well after ZOO TV).

Makes me wonder... Hmmm... :scratch: Has Brad continued to be a bigger fan than we think?

Here are some similarities in clothing - note how Brad is wearing nearly the identical outfit Bono wore in the "Mysterious Ways" video.

d121162c.jpg

col006d.jpg

120bf3b9.jpg

cv95_047.jpg

ab19a3e6.jpg

wow - I had forgot how friggin' attractive Brad Pitt was then - those are some pretty stong similarities there but he's no Bono ....:wink:

I met him at Mizzou a few years back - very nice - he actually is pretty into music so it isn't out of the realm of possiblity that he is a big fan

I actually think Interview with a Vampire Brad Pitt is better looking than Bono. But then I have a vampire "thing".

Chrissie, what kind of nurse are you? Not a psych nurse I hope? :reject:

Beli - not psycho (although times....:mac: ) and yes Interview with a Vampire is just a great movie

I work in ICU/Critical Care

As it happens I'm on call tonight so here I am :)
and psych nursing? shudders. I'm a bit of an adrenalin junkie so my job fits quite nicely

nurse chrissi said:
Beli - not psycho (although times....:mac: ) and yes Interview with a Vampire is just a great movie

I work in ICU/Critical Care

So you are not going to analyse me and say things like vampire fantasys are one step up from little girl unicorn fantasys then?

Good cause I would hate to be outed.

beli said:

So you are not going to analyse me and say things like vampire fantasys are one step up from little girl unicorn fantasys then?

Good cause I would hate to be outed.

:)
nope - actually attended one of the halloween parties down in New Orleans one year - there was an eye opener - but a good time too

It would make sense that Brad Pitt would have been a longtime U2 fan, especially due to his recent activities on behalf of DATA and The ONE Campaign:

http://www.theonecampaign.org/

It would be great for Brad Pitt to lend his voice to the struggle against the AIDS pandemic in Africa! :wink:

Bono and Brad Pitt do make quite a potent combo of talent, looks and passion for justice.

GRACE FINDS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Wow its Mr McPittso! :laugh:

Brad is great - he does have great taste in music, I remember he did a dcumentray on Nick Drake who was an amazing songwriter so he must like U2.

Jamila said:
It would make sense that Brad Pitt would have been a longtime U2 fan, especially due to his recent activities on behalf of DATA and The ONE Campaign:

http://www.theonecampaign.org/

Wow, he's helped with those charities?

I didn't know that. Rock on, Brad :up:.

Originally posted by Jamila
It would be great for Brad Pitt to lend his voice to the struggle against the AIDS pandemic in Africa! :wink:

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. I've never really had a problem with Brad overall as a person (just never really found him physically attractive, personally-although his "Troy" look is a different story...), so if he got more involved with this, well, then, my respect for him would definitely be increasing.

Angela

Bono and Brad in the same thread :faint:

Too feckin weird about the clothes! That flowery shirt that Brad is wearing under the gold jacket.... Bono has that too! It might be a different color, but look through JT era and you'll see it.

Oh man, Brad looks hot in Bono gear :drool: I know Bono's daughter Jordan is a fan of Brad's, that's why Bono took her to the Troy premiere to meet him for her birthday. He is currently sporting the PopMart hair look, but since he is done filming Oceans 12 hopefully he will grow it out again. I much prefer him with long hair :love: My favorite look of his was "Legends of the Fall", very JT Bono-like :yes:

bradlegends.jpg

It was the western gear look. He had long hair, in some scenes the hat, suspenders, boots, he was hot :flirt:

Last edited:
There are a few other similarities between Brad and Bono.

Of course, every star donated time for that televised fundraiser after 9/11, but Brad and Bono were both on that (ableit, different continents). However, as I wrote, every star was on that.

More importantly, though, Brad is a supporter of the 46664 Nelson Mandela benefit - the same one Bono is involved in (and helped write/record a song for). Below is a pic of Brad Pitt posing with former South African President Nelson Mandela, after being appointed as a 46664 Ambassador. The 46664 campaign aims to raise awareness of the global HIV /AIDS pandemic, as well as funds, to help the Nelson Mandela Foundation to develop and support practical programs for those affected by HIV/AIDS in South Africa. The number 46664 was Mandela's prison number while he was detained by the apartheid regime.

_40508927_pitt_203300.jpg

Additionally, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston spent four days in Ethiopia to learn more about AIDS in Africa to prepare for a campaign to raise funds to combat the disease on the world's poorest continent.

So you tell me Brad (and perhaps Ms. Aniston) aren't inspired by Bono. ;)

Also, here are some Brad pics in Bono-ish situations:

bal027a.jpg

bal024a.jpg

Yep, those are dresses - ala Bono in the "One" video.

Also, a close similarity to Fly-like glasses and the ZOO TV look:

bal007a3.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom