Is Bono ok?? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2003, 06:02 PM   #1
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:38 PM
Is Bono ok??

Hi all;

Checking the news section of U2Guatemala.com and translated one of the following news articles. It says the following:

The site @U2.com informs that the office of Principle Management has confirmed that The Edge will attend the ceremony in New York solely to induce to The Clash to the Hall FAMA of the Rock And Roll. They have not been confirmed nor denied the rumors that the Bono absence must to that it is hospitalized. These rumors began when the conference "Bono: To Conversation "he was changed of date and the one in charge of the ticket sale indicated that the change had to a possible hospitalization.

Sorry if I'm a little dumb with this, but does that mean he's going to the hospital? I'm worried. Has anyone heard this? Is he ok?

Old 03-07-2003, 06:05 PM   #2
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:38 PM
He did hurt his back last week (or the week before), the rumor is that he is getting back surgery but no one has officially confirmed this

Old 03-07-2003, 06:07 PM   #3
arw
Blue Crack Addict

The Oscars are only a few weeks away. I don't think he would recover from back surgery in time to attend.....
Old 03-07-2003, 06:14 PM   #4
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosloveslave
He did hurt his back last week (or the week before), the rumor is that he is getting back surgery but no one has officially confirmed this
Really? If it is something, I hope it's only his back. I wish they'd confirm it if it really is and not worry everyone. I haven't noticed him holding or seeming like his back is bothering him. However I did notice that he seemed a little groggy and sad sounding on the Today show. And he did have a weird expression when Clinton hugged him at Musicares. Like something hurt.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:15 PM   #5
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
The Oscars are only a few weeks away. I don't think he would recover from back surgery in time to attend.....
Lets just hope this is a rumor and nothing more.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:22 PM   #6
Refugee

Local Time: 07:38 PM
Any official source should confirm or deny if this cancellation has anything to do with B's health. I am worried.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:25 PM   #7
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by teehee
Any official source should confirm or deny if this cancellation has anything to do with B's health. I am worried.
Me too. I would think they'd say something if it's his back. Then again, if it's his back it may not be too serious -- and maybe they don't want to worry us by mentioning it. But they should know that worries us more!
Old 03-07-2003, 06:30 PM   #8
Acrobat

However though, weren't they just at the Meteor awards just a few days ago. From the pix he doesn't look like he feels bad.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:29 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I don't think it's that serious. If it really were something really bad; I doubt Edge would take off and go to the RRHoF thing.
He'd probably be at Bono's side.
Could be why there is no confirmation on this may be that U2 management doesn't want a rush of fans storming the hospital?
I bet they announce he was in the hospital (if he actually is there), once he's out of there.

howdy doody! Hi Hi Hi! what the heck!

Hi Again!
Old 03-07-2003, 08:43 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:38 PM
A friend of mine had to have surgery for a slipped disk this past fall. It wasn't fun, and it did knock him out of commission for just a bit, but it wasn't that serious. It's a pretty routine procedure. It involves the procedure and then a recovery period. Meanwhile it took him out of some rather nasty pain. I think they would like to keep the details out of the press for obvious reasons. They don't want this to be a pain in the for the staff. I used to work in a hospital. It's hard enough without a bunch of press people traipsing around the place looking for gossip and information they're not entitled to.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:47 PM   #11
The Fly

Local Time: 11:38 AM
Well, if anything it sounds like it would be elective surgery, nothing life threatening.
We forget (well I admit it I forget ) that Bono's human flesh and blood and s*it happens...
Old 03-07-2003, 09:06 PM   #12
Acrobat

(To Verte76) Yeah, my Dad had to get something similar to that done. I remember before, he was walking around just like Bono, where it didn't appear to be a problem. But he seemed tired and it did act up a bit. Considering Bono looked ok at the Meteor awards aside from looking tired, it appears more and more it's pointing to his back. Or so I think anyway. I remember Showbiz Ireland reporting something about a slipped disc a month ago. Considering he's rescheduled an actual date instead of totally canceling it, sounds like he's just getting that one disc worked on. And you have a good point -- it'd be good for them to keep quiet about it so Bono can relax w/o fans storming in or press. However, they don't have to say what his plans are, but I wish they would say at least how he's doing so people don't get all riled up...

(To Groovcat) I haven't forgotten that he's only human. Sometimes you feel close to someone w/o really knowing them. And you're worried cause you care and don't want the person to be in pain.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:16 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:38 PM
Yeah, well, it's certainly nothing to worry about. My sister is a professional dancer and I don't know how many times she's hurt herself. She's had disk problems. She's always OK after treatment and rest. I'm sure Bono is fine except for the disk thing, which must hurt. It will be good not to have to put up with that thing. I'd bet serious bucks he could use the rest as well. Those over-achievers tend to work too darn hard!
Old 03-07-2003, 09:19 PM   #14
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
Yeah, well, it's certainly nothing to worry about. My sister is a professional dancer and I don't know how many times she's hurt herself. She's had disk problems. She's always OK after treatment and rest. I'm sure Bono is fine except for the disk thing, which must hurt. It will be good not to have to put up with that thing. I'd bet serious bucks he could use the rest as well. Those over-achievers tend to work too darn hard!
Yeah I know. I just hate to think of anyone in pain, ya know? I know it happens, I just hate to think about it. Wow yeah. Yeah, it must act up off and on, if not he may be just having it done "just in case" so he doesn't have problems in the future. Or just getting it checked out. Yeah, I bet he's also exhausted from traveling so much. Yeah, he really pushes too hard!

for Bono!
Old 03-07-2003, 09:19 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Normal

It's probably not life threatening (I hope) but it must be something that can't wait. I don't believe it's anything 'elective.' Why would he 'elect' to do it now, of all times, with so many commitments and engagements coming up that have to be cancelled?
Old 03-07-2003, 09:23 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

With all due respect, I know what the damn 40's can bring on. No worries mate.. Prevention is always the best medicine. With the way he move's, Oh my God, and being as passionate as he is, something will eventually slip out of place. Even in the studio, I have no doubt he's just as passionate about his body as his fans are. He hasn't gotten this far without some very intensive care. Thanks to you Ali. If anything's wrong, He's in very capable hands.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:28 PM   #17
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
It's probably not life threatening (I hope) but it must be something that can't wait. I don't believe it's anything 'elective.' Why would he 'elect' to do it now, of all times, with so many commitments and engagements coming up that have to be cancelled?
Yeah I hope not too. (knock on wood!) It could be that it keeps acting up on and off. From recent pix of him, he seems to look the same, except tired. So I think he could be just going in to get it done so it won't get worse in the future. Maybe the doctors told him to do that, just as a precaution. And he has rescheduled the conversation thing. The only other thing they've cancelled is the RRHOF this month... Verte76 made a good point -- that the has to have a rest period after getting a disc worked on. And Showbiz Ireland did report that he had a "slipped disk" about a month ago. And it would take 1 or 2 weeks to be able to start walking around again. It's only just a rumor now. Don't get me wrong I'm worried. But the slip disc thing makes sense.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:30 PM   #18
War Child

Poor Bono! I hope that it's either a rumor, or that he gets better soon
Old 03-07-2003, 09:31 PM   #19
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by sue4u2
With all due respect, I know what the damn 40's can bring on. No worries mate.. Prevention is always the best medicine. With the way he move's, Oh my God, and being as passionate as he is, something will eventually slip out of place. Even in the studio, I have no doubt he's just as passionate about his body as his fans are. He hasn't gotten this far without some very intensive care. Thank you Ali..
Yeah, he works so hard at what he does. And plus his balance is a little off at times I mean he's dislocated his arm several times because of that very reason. I'm hoping he feels better soon and that it's just back woes that can be fixed. Yeah, I just said that in my post hehe -- that it's prolly for prevention purposes so it won't get worse in the future.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:36 PM   #20
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl91289
Poor Bono! I hope that it's either a rumor, or that he gets better soon
Me too!