Is Bono ok??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonofied U

Acrobat
Hi all;

Checking the news section of U2Guatemala.com and translated one of the following news articles. It says the following:

The site @U2.com informs that the office of Principle Management has confirmed that The Edge will attend the ceremony in New York solely to induce to The Clash to the Hall FAMA of the Rock And Roll. They have not been confirmed nor denied the rumors that the Bono absence must to that it is hospitalized. These rumors began when the conference "Bono: To Conversation "he was changed of date and the one in charge of the ticket sale indicated that the change had to a possible hospitalization.

Sorry if I'm a little dumb with this, but does that mean he's going to the hospital? I'm worried. Has anyone heard this? Is he ok?

He did hurt his back last week (or the week before), the rumor is that he is getting back surgery but no one has officially confirmed this :shrug:

bonosloveslave said:
He did hurt his back last week (or the week before), the rumor is that he is getting back surgery but no one has officially confirmed this :shrug:

Really? If it is something, I hope it's only his back. I wish they'd confirm it if it really is and not worry everyone. I haven't noticed him holding or seeming like his back is bothering him. However I did notice that he seemed a little groggy and sad sounding on the Today show. And he did have a weird expression when Clinton hugged him at Musicares. Like something hurt.

arw9797 said:
The Oscars are only a few weeks away. I don't think he would recover from back surgery in time to attend.....

Lets just hope this is a rumor and nothing more.

teehee said:
Any official source should confirm or deny if this cancellation has anything to do with B's health. I am worried.

Me too. I would think they'd say something if it's his back. Then again, if it's his back it may not be too serious -- and maybe they don't want to worry us by mentioning it. But they should know that worries us more!

However though, weren't they just at the Meteor awards just a few days ago. From the pix he doesn't look like he feels bad.

I don't think it's that serious. If it really were something really bad; I doubt Edge would take off and go to the RRHoF thing.
He'd probably be at Bono's side.
Could be why there is no confirmation on this may be that U2 management doesn't want a rush of fans storming the hospital?
I bet they announce he was in the hospital (if he actually is there), once he's out of there.

:wave: howdy doody! :wave: Hi Hi Hi! :ohmy: what the heck!

:wave: Hi Again!

Last edited:
A friend of mine had to have surgery for a slipped disk this past fall. It wasn't fun, and it did knock him out of commission for just a bit, but it wasn't that serious. It's a pretty routine procedure. It involves the procedure and then a recovery period. Meanwhile it took him out of some rather nasty pain. I think they would like to keep the details out of the press for obvious reasons. They don't want this to be a pain in the :censored: for the staff. I used to work in a hospital. It's hard enough without a bunch of press people traipsing around the place looking for gossip and information they're not entitled to.

Last edited:
(To Verte76) Yeah, my Dad had to get something similar to that done. I remember before, he was walking around just like Bono, where it didn't appear to be a problem. But he seemed tired and it did act up a bit. Considering Bono looked ok at the Meteor awards aside from looking tired, it appears more and more it's pointing to his back. Or so I think anyway. I remember Showbiz Ireland reporting something about a slipped disc a month ago. Considering he's rescheduled an actual date instead of totally canceling it, sounds like he's just getting that one disc worked on. And you have a good point -- it'd be good for them to keep quiet about it so Bono can relax w/o fans storming in or press. However, they don't have to say what his plans are, but I wish they would say at least how he's doing so people don't get all riled up...

(To Groovcat) I haven't forgotten that he's only human. Sometimes you feel close to someone w/o really knowing them. And you're worried cause you care and don't want the person to be in pain.

Yeah, well, it's certainly nothing to worry about. My sister is a professional dancer and I don't know how many times she's hurt herself. She's had disk problems. She's always OK after treatment and rest. I'm sure Bono is fine except for the disk thing, which must hurt. It will be good not to have to put up with that thing. I'd bet serious bucks he could use the rest as well. Those over-achievers tend to work too darn hard!

verte76 said:
Yeah, well, it's certainly nothing to worry about. My sister is a professional dancer and I don't know how many times she's hurt herself. She's had disk problems. She's always OK after treatment and rest. I'm sure Bono is fine except for the disk thing, which must hurt. It will be good not to have to put up with that thing. I'd bet serious bucks he could use the rest as well. Those over-achievers tend to work too darn hard!

Yeah I know. I just hate to think of anyone in pain, ya know? I know it happens, I just hate to think about it. Wow yeah. Yeah, it must act up off and on, if not he may be just having it done "just in case" so he doesn't have problems in the future. Or just getting it checked out. Yeah, I bet he's also exhausted from traveling so much. Yeah, he really pushes too hard!

:hug: for Bono!

It's probably not life threatening (I hope) but it must be something that can't wait. I don't believe it's anything 'elective.' Why would he 'elect' to do it now, of all times, with so many commitments and engagements coming up that have to be cancelled? :(

With all due respect, I know what the damn 40's can bring on. No worries mate.. Prevention is always the best medicine. With the way he move's, Oh my God, and being as passionate as he is, something will eventually slip out of place. Even in the studio, I have no doubt he's just as passionate about his body as his fans are. He hasn't gotten this far without some very intensive care. Thanks to you Ali. :heart: If anything's wrong, He's in very capable hands. :edge: :larry: :adam: :hug:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
It's probably not life threatening (I hope) but it must be something that can't wait. I don't believe it's anything 'elective.' Why would he 'elect' to do it now, of all times, with so many commitments and engagements coming up that have to be cancelled? :(

Yeah I hope not too. (knock on wood!) It could be that it keeps acting up on and off. From recent pix of him, he seems to look the same, except tired. So I think he could be just going in to get it done so it won't get worse in the future. Maybe the doctors told him to do that, just as a precaution. And he has rescheduled the conversation thing. The only other thing they've cancelled is the RRHOF this month... Verte76 made a good point -- that the has to have a rest period after getting a disc worked on. And Showbiz Ireland did report that he had a "slipped disk" about a month ago. And it would take 1 or 2 weeks to be able to start walking around again. It's only just a rumor now. Don't get me wrong I'm worried. But the slip disc thing makes sense.

sue4u2 said:
With all due respect, I know what the damn 40's can bring on. No worries mate.. Prevention is always the best medicine. With the way he move's, Oh my God, and being as passionate as he is, something will eventually slip out of place. Even in the studio, I have no doubt he's just as passionate about his body as his fans are. He hasn't gotten this far without some very intensive care. Thank you Ali..

Yeah, he works so hard at what he does. And plus his balance is a little off at times ;) I mean he's dislocated his arm several times because of that very reason. I'm hoping he feels better soon and that it's just back woes that can be fixed. Yeah, I just said that in my post hehe -- that it's prolly for prevention purposes so it won't get worse in the future.

U2Kitten said:

If Bono waited until he had a slow time in his schedule to have the surgery, he'd probably NEVER get around to having it done.

Bono's shades said:

If Bono waited until he had a slow time in his schedule to have the surgery, he'd probably NEVER get around to having it done.

Yeah, true. I remember back in the 80's when he hurt his arm they said something about they gave him two options: to either get it put in a sling w/ all of these contraptions to hold that bone in place or two have surgery (I think). And he chose the sling. So he's prolly not really happy about having back surgery if that's the case, and would probably keep putting it off if he wasn't busy.

I hope that it's nothing too serious...that man takes too much on sometimes...it's time for him to take care of himself for a change!
:(

mmmBono said:
I hope that it's nothing too serious...that man takes too much on sometimes...it's time for him to take care of himself for a change!
:(

I hope not either! I hope that it is fixable. I'm starting to think it might be the slipped disc thing. Yeah, he works too hard -- he needs take some time out for himself!

Bonofied U said:

I hope not either! I hope that it is fixable. I'm starting to think it might be the slipped disc thing. Yeah, he works too hard -- he needs take some time out for himself!
Whatever it is...it's time for Bono to have Bono time. Rest and relaxation. :sigh:
I mean...just think about it....one day he's in New York. The next day France. The next day Ireland. :der: :crack:
Just the time spent on the planes to do that would make me :coocoo:. I dunno how he does it.
Sending many well wishes B-man's way. Rest. Put your feet up.:hug:

mmmBono said:

Whatever it is...it's time for Bono to have Bono time. Rest and relaxation. :sigh:
I mean...just think about it....one day he's in New York. The next day France. The next day Ireland. :der: :crack:
Just the time spent on the planes to do that would make me :coocoo:. I dunno how he does it.
Sending many well wishes B-man's way. Rest. Put your feet up.:hug:

I wonder that too. Such a strong willed guy. I think it's either a disc or exhaustion. Cause is it just me or did he look tired on the today show? :hugs:

Achtung_MSR said:
Yeah, Bono needs some free time. I think it's not a very serious problem, I think it's a problem like any other. He'll be fine!

Hugs for :bono: :heart:

Hope you're right! :hugs: :)

P.S. Not to lighten the subject any... But did you draw your sig?

I think Bono gets plenty of rest. After all, he doesn't even have a job! :lol: He goes to the studio when he needs to but it's not like he has to drag out of the bed every day whether he feels like it or not with the morning alarm and drive to a miserable job for 8 hours 5 days a week. He basically has a lot of free time. Even though we hear of spurts of activity where he's doing a lot of stuff in a week or 2, there are also major Bono 'droughts' where we don't hear anything new or see any pics for 2 months! So he's not constantly on the go, it just seems like it because we're always looking for news on him. Tell you what, I'd take Bono's life over mine ANY TIME!!

Speaking of the back surgery, my aunt got it last month and I won't even post the dreaded details she has been grossing me out with concerning how she has to lay face down and can't use the bathroom:yuck: :silent: She's been miserable and in unbearable agony. It's taking her a long time to recover. Of course she's about 30 years older than Bono.

U2Kitten said:
I think Bono gets plenty of rest. After all, he doesn't even have a job! :lol: He goes to the studio when he needs to but it's not like he has to drag out of the bed every day whether he feels like it or not with the morning alarm and drive to a miserable job for 8 hours 5 days a week. He basically has a lot of free time. Even though we hear of spurts of activity where he's doing a lot of stuff in a week or 2, there are also major Bono 'droughts' where we don't hear anything new or see any pics for 2 months! So he's not constantly on the go, it just seems like it because we're always looking for news on him. Tell you what, I'd take Bono's life over mine ANY TIME!!

Yeah but boy in those times that his schedule is filled up, I can imagine can be pretty hectic to say the least. And with doing all that he does for charity, hanging out w/ his friends, taking care of family, and always keeping busy w/ his music - whew. Even though he doesn't have a grueling job, he uses his body and mind so passionately. I don't blame him for being exhausted! :yawn:

Speaking of the back surgery, my aunt got it last month and I won't even post the dreaded details she has been grossing me out with concerning how she has to lay face down and can't use the bathroom:yuck: :silent: She's been miserable and in unbearable agony. It's taking her a long time to recover. Of course she's about 30 years older than Bono.

Ouch! I hope she's feeling better soon! Wow! Awww. Yeah, I guess it depends on how sensitive your body is. In any rate... :hug: all around!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom