Is Bono at the G8 Summit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think so. He was in Japan some weeks ago. Bono isn't at every G8 summit, but there are people representing DATA there, I've read about it in yesterday's news.

I don't think world poverty was a major issue this time around. Maybe thats why he wasn't there.

^ You guys are nuts!!!:coocoo:

yeah you would think so..

hahaha AGREED

arent they wrapping up the mixing for the album then they have a break?- prob. off to france

Bono is in Eze right now - there was a small article about him entertaining Brad Pitt & Robert DeNiro there yesterday while Angelina is in a local hospital getting ready for the twins to come.

It was at E Online or some website - you can find it out by googling Bono.:wink:

As for world poverty, it was still VERY high on the agenda this year for the G8 Summit. There are scores of articles at Yahoo & elsewhere that will substantiate my comments.

Actually in the "Edge Romping with...." thread in PLEBA there are some new pics of Bono & friends in Eze.

At the same time that Bono is taking it easy in Eze, Bob Geldof is at the G8 Summit speaking up for the poor of the world.

Check out this video of Sir Bob:

YouTube - Bob Geldof: eight people cannot decide for the world

Personally, I would have liked to have seen Bono in Japan - as a matter of principle to the world's poor. :up:

Whoops, I hadn't seen those two new ones. I understand your feelings Jamila, but honestly that man needs a break just to be with his family once in a while. I'm sure this is a major come down after extremely hard work finishing the album, and I completely understand his absence from the G8 this year. Bono works at an incredible pace with his activism, and has for so long. No one can do it all, all the time. :D

Bono is in Eze right now - there was a small article about him entertaining Brad Pitt & Robert DeNiro there yesterday while Angelina is in a local hospital getting ready for the twins to come.

It was at E Online or some website - you can find it out by googling Bono.:wink:

As for world poverty, it was still VERY high on the agenda this year for the G8 Summit. There are scores of articles at Yahoo & elsewhere that will substantiate my comments.

yeah it was all over the news about bush urging the G8 to increase funding and what not

YAY BOB! hes bloody awesome

Well, Bob is there, Bono doesn't have to be everywhere, he was in Japan some weeks ago on these issues. I'm sure everything is taken care of from his part. Knowing Bono, it's very clear that he doesn't take these issues lightly. There were other G8 summits where he wasn't present neither.

Btw, nice pictures from Eze. :up: I'm sure they are doing their final works on the album down there.

Bobby Shriver and Jamie Drummond have said on many occasions that they are trying hard to get to a point where they don't have to have Bono there for everything. If Geldof is there and DATA is represented as the news reports are shown and since Bono was over in Japan for the conference earlier for the African leaders then surely Bono can stay home and finish the album. They've just wrapped up in Dublin and moved on to Eze for the start of the summer holiday but they are probably heavy in to the decision making process on things like running order, promotion and tour design so having Bono on the other side of the world could be problematic. I've been laughing at how the press is almost trying to make it look like Bono is there by posting photos from the 2005 G8. If you aren't paying close attention to the news reports you wouldn't necessarily know he isn't actually there.

Dana

Whoops, I hadn't seen those two new ones. I understand your feelings Jamila, but honestly that man needs a break just to be with his family once in a while. I'm sure this is a major come down after extremely hard work finishing the album, and I completely understand his absence from the G8 this year. Bono works at an incredible pace with his activism, and has for so long. No one can do it all, all the time. :D

I agree, he does deserve time with his family. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom