is adam's fascination with Spoons real?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Back when they were first travelling around the USA, ADAM decided to collect spoons representing the various cities they visited.
As a tourist myself , I also collect little "memories", but I don´t like spoons. I buy little statues and sometimes I bring back a rock. Yep that is what I said - "Rock" (or stone).

I have rocks from all over the world !
You could say I have a rock`n`roll collection from planet Earth :rockon:

Hey...everyone is crazy on this planet. Adam is no different from me, or you :lol:

my dad brought me some lava stones from Pompeji (Italy) ..they're pretty although I don't remember where I put them :huh:

Max_theHitman said:
sometimes I bring back a rock. Yep that is what I said - "Rock" (or stone).

I bring rocks home for my kitties to sniff so they know where I've been!
Originally posted by Max_theHitman
Hey...everyone is crazy on this planet. Adam is no different from me, or you :lol:
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. :p

But thanks for the info - I thought it was just a Simpsons joke!

Adam told me HE was a bit mad after reading my sign that said

"Yes Adam, I'm a little crazy"

(he had been giving me "oh lord, that one is crazier than the average" looks and smiles on 9/20, so after I ended up in pretty much the same spot on 9/21 I quickly hand wrote a sign to show to him during the show if I caught him giving me the same look again... well I did catch him, he saw, he laughed and as they were taking their first break, he took a step forward and said "I'm a little mad too")

:hyper:

:drool:

//as they were taking their first break, he took a step forward and said "I'm a little mad too"//

That's so cute! He's just so easygoing with the fans; I love him :)

I think it was just a Simpsons joke, but he noted how many fans gave him spoons since that was aired, so maybe he does collect them now. :)

Miroslava said:

(he had been giving me "oh lord, that one is crazier than the average" looks and smiles on 9/20, so after I ended up in pretty much the same spot on 9/21 I quickly hand wrote a sign to show to him during the show if I caught him giving me the same look again... well I did catch him, he saw, he laughed and as they were taking their first break, he took a step forward and said "I'm a little mad too")

Adam:heart:

Miroslava said:

That's so cute!! :love:

I hope it does....*Carmel sending good vibes to lardence*:bow: ..I am determinded to meet Adam or Bono one day....:up:

my dad used to have this thing with collecting cups from every place we visited..... yes... I joined in and collected a bit......:shifty:.... :wink:

lardence said:
It won't happen to me, I don't think. But imagining it is fun! :D

:yes: me too.
the chances of me meeting ANY of the boys is... *counts fingers* 1 out of 3 billion :happy:

:|

You know, it's funny. My sister was just asking about that the other night and all I could remember was the end to the Simpsons ep where Bono asks to see Adam's spoon and he throws it away.

Adams expression was priceless. :laugh: "My spoon!"

youtooellen said:
my dad used to have this thing with collecting cups from every place we visited..... yes... I joined in and collected a bit......:shifty:.... :wink:

:yes: me too.
the chances of me meeting ANY of the boys is... *counts fingers* 1 out of 3 billion :happy:

:|

That's so funny... I have always smiled about the Adam "spoon" thing, because my Grandmother actually DID collect spoons-- little demitasse, tourist-y spoons-- from around the world, wherever she went! She had display cases and everything, and little bitty spoons from countries around the world! We loved looking at them when I was little. BUT... here's the coincidence... she also collected little demitasse cups from around the world! I guess she was an easy mark in the duty-free, huh?

I never could tell if the Adam thing was a joke ... maybe not? Now, I have my Grandmother's spoon collection, since she passed away (my sisters and mother all liked the cups, so they were split up between all of us, but they all turned their noses up at the spoons, so I took them all!) , so if it's true, Adam and I are :nerd: collectors in arms!

:D :rockon:

My grandma collected thimbles and had them in these framed thimble cases on her wall. I started collecting those small cup and saucer thing from different cities with the name of the place on them but the collection got out of control so I stopped. I'd forgotten about the spoon thing on the U2 Simpsons episode tho, it was funny.

I'm SURE I read somewhere that the spoons thing has been made a much bigger deal of than it actually is... I'll go home and try to find my source as evidence. (I am such a student, lol!)

U2ElevatesMe415 said:
:giggle:
Adam's so cute.

Spoons is so odd though, but whatever he wants :shrug:

You are so right whatever the Silver FOX wants....hell he can come to MO and collect me...Then to AZ to collect....:shh:

Back
Top Bottom