Interview tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
Ok girls, I am going on a job interview tomorrow...Does anyone have any tips for me? What kinds of questions they might ask, etc.? I haven't been on an interview in a long time so I want to be prepared!

I just had an interview last week. Some of the things they asked me:

What did I know about the company?
What kind of environment did I work best in?
What was I looking for?
What did I think were my greatest strengths?
Where did I see myself in two years?

In turn I asked some questions of my own, based on our conversation. Appear interested. Speak up for yourself. You are selling yourself, and this may be your only chance.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes. :hug:

miss becky said:
I just had an interview last week. Some of the things they asked me:

What did I know about the company?
What kind of environment did I work best in?
What was I looking for?
What did I think were my greatest strengths?
Where did I see myself in two years?

In turn I asked some questions of my own, based on our conversation. Appear interested. Speak up for yourself. You are selling yourself, and this may be your only chance.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes. :hug:

Awesome Miss Becky..Thanks :hug: I am interviewing at a hospital tomorrow..I love working in hospitals!

U2democrat said:
be comfortable. being comfortable leads to confidence. confidence leads to landing the job. :up:

that's good advice. i'd like to add: be your fabulous self (as much as it's possible at a job interview).

good luck! i hope you get the job!

:up:

Well I met with the HR rep for the job. They are looking for 2 more ppl for the position and I need to start by Feb 22nd. I absolutely want the job but I need to meet with the supervisor of the job. I am going to be getting a callback tomorrow to come in and meet with the guy. I feel I blew it though with the HR rep. I got flustered. :( So who knows what will happen.

Getting called back like that sounds like a good response to me too! Good luck with it and hugs :hug:

Good luck to you also Partygirl! :up:

Job interviews make me nervous too! :tsk:

Thanks! I just did the interview and I'm not quite sure if I did okay or not... From the conversation I sort of understood that they've got lots of candidates for the job, so I'm not too sure at the moment... :(

Dutch Partygirl said:
Thanks! I just did the interview and I'm not quite sure if I did okay or not... From the conversation I sort of understood that they've got lots of candidates for the job, so I'm not too sure at the moment... :(

DP..keep the faith. :) It's such a pain in the ass when they interview so many ppl! This job that I am currently at right now, they interviewed about 20-30 ppl and I ended up getting it. So chin up and keep the faith! That's what I have to tell myself! hehe :) :hug:

Dutch Partygirl...what did you wear to your interview?

I don't know whether it's appropriate to wear a suit anymore....I have this kinda green(hard to describe) suit that I want to wear tomorrow but I don't know if I should just stick with basic black...:huh:

U2Girl1978 said:
Dutch Partygirl...what did you wear to your interview?

I don't know whether it's appropriate to wear a suit anymore....I have this kinda green(hard to describe) suit that I want to wear tomorrow but I don't know if I should just stick with basic black...:huh:

I've read that the only "safe" interview color is black. I think navy and gray is acceptable, though. Really it depends on the company. Since you were already there once interviewing, what kind of impression did you get of the dress code? Is it very formal?

Just to be safe, I would probably stick with a black outfit. Yeah, it's boring, but it's probably the better choice.

Well, without seeing it, it's hard to say...but you can't go wrong with a basic black and white outfit. :)

Back
Top Bottom