Internet pix questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I've noticed that several of the pictures posted here are from the Internet, presumably web sites. The first question is: when you go to the search engines looking for pix, what do you type in the search box? "U2 pictures"? Something else? Needless to say, I'm particularly looking for pix that are public domain. Otherwise, is it legal--or proper--to link them? I know linking a URL of a history web site is OK because that's what my whole site is, it's a list of historical web sites listed by URL's! I've had it for two years and haven't been busted. Needless to say it's different for some big shot photographs from the Elevation tour or whatever. I'm trying to figure out how to post the damn things myself. I'm a computer klutz. This will probably take me a year to figure out and just about as long to get the blasted things posted once I find them thanks to this great, wonderful modem of mine.

I sometimes search for images on Google, but I also just like searching for U2 sites with pictures by typing in something like "U2 pictures" or "U2 photos". To ensure they show up in my posts, I save them and upload them to Snapfish. However, some web sites specifically say not to use their pics without their permission. In that case, I just leave them alone and don't use them. If there is nothing like that on them, I go ahead and use them.

Copyrighted pics have appeared here...I know they have...some say it righ ton them! While there are copyright rules for information on the Net, many don't follow them. I don't see that it is a problem posting pics here though...if anybody does have a problem, I'm sure they would contact the individual posting them or an administrator. So, if it doesn't say to not use the photos without permission, it shouldn't be a problem.

That's my view on it...if I've got some info wrong, please feel free to correct me!

Well this is tough, because almost all the pics are copyrighted somehow. If you want to get into that we're all in trouble LOL! Lots of the girls have had pics taken out and webpages ruined because of 'copyright infringement.' Webshots got so bad about it no one could use it. Snapfish has never said a word so far *knocks wood* Some of the girls have even removed the watermarks and copyright from the pics (only for cosmetic purposes) I personally think the stink over it is ridiculous, because all those pics have become part of pop culture and are easy to find. It's not like we're ripping anyone off because no one is actually going to seek out the owners and purchase all those pics, we only want to look and drool, and we are making no money off them!

As far as searching google, I wouldn't bother. I know you're new to this and anxious to look, but the girls here who have been looking a long time have likely found all the old stuff. That batch of pics I sent you, hey if I could find anything else they'd be there! Ever so often someone hits on a new stash but mostly if it's out there, one of us already has it so if it's not on the websites or webpages of one of our girls, it probably doesn't exist. I mean, we are pretty doggone obsessed here. I just doubt there is anything else old left to find. I know you like AB pics, and they are a favorite of mine and I have done extensive searches and believe me if there were anything left to find, I'd have it!

In other words, there IS no better place to search than PLEBA! :D;) I would go so far as to say we as a group have the best and most extensive U2 pic collection ever! If there is a specific pic you want, and you ask, someone will find it!

Last edited:
Google is great...I love it. If you are new to the whole picture search I say give google a shot...you may see something new to you. And Google is always good for a laugh...sometimes you search for Bono...and you get stuff like this...

bono.jpg

And you guys say he hasn't had hair plugs...

LMAO! JOKE! IT'S A JOKE!

*hides*

That's what I hate about google- for every dozen pics you search for, most of them are not really U2. If you're in the mood for a joke I guess it's funny the first time but it gets irritating. Of the few that do come up right I don't think I've ever found anything I haven't seen. It's just not worth the trouble for me.

One good way to find pics is to go to yahoo and search for 'U2' and they will give you a long list of websites. Some are common, like u2.com and interference, but there are a load of fan sites you may never have heard of. The only trouble there is half them are out of service.

I love Google. That's where I get my history sites. Of course you've got to be careful with sites. I got myself in trouble with a Czech manuscript site. Someone claimed that a manuscript was a fifteenth century Bible printing. This was a phoney--it was some other printed manuscript and I got fooled because I don't read a word of Czech. A friend of mine from Prague e-mailed me and told me that the manuscript was some off-the-wall text. OOPS! I screwed up big time in public!!! Ditto with typing in Bono and getting a blasted dog!! I think I'd enjoy the search all the same. I don't mind repeats if I think the picture was really hot. There's one pic of him with Paul O'Neill that knocks my socks off. I love it. I'm still going to think it's hot and drool and have a blast. So why not?

I'd like to say that I have found good stuff on Google. There are some pics I found through Google and posted here that many said they had never seen before. :)

Back
Top Bottom