Interests outside of U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Illumination70

The Fly
I'm not sure if I should post this here (it's a HUGE website)but I was wondering what everyone's interests outside U2.
As for me I love exercising (belly-dancing, strip-aerobics, cardio-hula and running), shopping, cooking, cleaning, travel and literature.
Ok, enough about me what are your interests?

greeneyedgirl said:
digging up dead things :D

ME TOO!
well, dead people
but finding other dead things would be a bonus
someday I'd like to accidently find like a mammoth or a dinosaur

anyway.
I also enjoy knitting and sewing and crafts of all sorts, the bellydancing, the outdoors, and anything that involves animals.
Though the only things I have time for anymore are dead people and bellydancing.

Barbie dolls, Great Lakes ships, urban legends, Seinfeld, and magazines, especially music ones. I cut out all things Ryan Adams and put them in a scrapbook. It's growing quite huge. I also have a Ryan Adams quotes and concert banter site...that I haven't been updating as frequently as I'd like to be. :reject: Here it is though:

http://come_pick_me_up.tripod.com

Art, Teaching Art, My Boys, Animals, Fashion, Pop Culture, Baseball :drool: , My 18 month old niece, Reading Biographies, creating things (just redesigned the front of my house w/my design and colors etc.) Museums. Greys Anatomy & 24.
Oooops!!! How could I forget alone time with my husband.:wink:

You mean people really have other interests outside of U2 world?! :shocked: :wink:

My interests are criminal justice,reading,writing,poetry,the beach, Tae Bo (kickboxing),dancing, and listening to music. Also my nieces and nephews,taking walks,Sex and The City :drool:,horror movies,the drive in theatre,traveling and amusement parks.

Last edited:
It's quite funny that this thread has been started, I was thinking of doing it quite some time ago! Thumbs up!:up:

Well, I love R.E.M., the first band I properly got into. I love my religion, drawing, playing a lot of sports (particularly football), playing guitar, meeting new people on the internet (like the fabulous interferencers!:wink: ), using the internet, playing with my 3 little nieces:cute:, imagining about beautiful things in life, learning about first aid, helping to try and make poverty history, talking a lot with my family and other people, going to concerts, a lot of music..... oh and I LOVE WRESTLING!!!!:drool:

web design

reading (usually murder/law&order type novels...page turners, not classic lit)

cats and dogs

basking in the sun

road trips (typically to somewhere along the Gulf)

digital photography

watching my favorite TV shows (Law and Order, Forensic Files, Animal Cops, MTV trash, X Files)

organizing the house and doing yardwork

blue gill fishing

sleeping (I'm not a napper, but I need my 8.5 hours and then I stay very healthy and happy)

Muggsy said:
* art, painting and drawing
*Design
* Illustrated Books :D
* Animation
*Tim Burton's movies.

WOW That is awesome!!..I Love all those things...I love to draw, I love Japanimation/Animation..I LOve Illustrations books.....I try to go to Animation conventions.....Can add to your list above...

*Crafts
*TV
*writing short stories
*Fashion Illustrations
*Web surfing
*entertaing my 2 baby nephews
*naps
*shopping
*playing w/ my cats and chihuahuas
*My I-pod

((Id love to add taking cooking lessons and dancing lessons)):D

:)

:hmm: lets see if i can do this before my library Comp session ends..........if not i'll quote myself and finish

NATURE-Related:
* reading /seeing photos or film/video on coutrysides around the world and here in the Big USA. read up as I can in the Earth-Sciences, to.
* walking around in the parks and gardens of NYC AND anyother city I've visited.
*Plus the National, State or Native American Parks of the USA and the areas I've visited...The Rockies/Colorado: The High Desert of The Southwest Arizona/Hopi & Navajo Nations.
*taking landscape, flowers photos.

ART-realted:
*I sketch & draw, relearning how to paint in Acrylics. *
*I have made assemblage-type sculptures & hope to someday also do Light Scuptures & Kinetic Sculptures.
*Illustration: book covers/ the rare inside illos, magaznes in particular. CD /DVD covers.
*I play around alot with clothing design.
*I am learning Computer Art: Corel's Painter, Photoshop & just starting to PLAY WITH *FLASH*! :D
*I design and make my own jewelry - silver wires often with at least one of there or a combo of semi-precious stones, pearls, shells & glass.
*I am also learning {after sevel yrs of :drool: over} Free-form Peyote Bead-weaving.
*With a great book I finally taught my self how to Knit .

I'm about to be logged off :lol:

continue later :wink:

thank you :wink:

I can do some good to even really fantastic stuff- tho I usually pick on my self too much-- i am constantly told. :uhoh: :)

some time this year i'll post some stuff if a friend of mine can figure out how i can do it from a place we are at at times.
cause i have NO NET connect at home...nor a web cam or scnner etc....

I'm also intested in...

MUSIC {natch :wink:} R&R, Orchestural american/ romantic era europen/ some minimalist, some R&B , SOUL, FUNK, inedigenous music from around the world and modern day fusions with those

Astronomy/Cosmology/ the wilder side of Quantum Physics
Politics & certain amout of History
Architecture {from all around the world as well as American/European
Cities in General/ Urban Greenery & Green Spaces
Socio-Cultural issues
the arts/music/clothing from around the world

Last edited:
I also love hanging out with my friends or talking to them by phone.......and of course my on-line friends too.
Love eating out {modestly b/c i don't have much extra monies...a good amount goes to the art/craft supplies and the Netcafes.

I :love: walking around in NThat foster walking like:
YC and what ever other cities in the USA {:yikes: have only managed short flights as an adult - 2 - 3 hours when I had the money , so no Europe/ Asia etc.} like SF/ Boston/ Philly/ DC...Philly & DC Iv'e been to several times....the others were long ago.

My Next Never been to Visit-City Goal is Chicago :hyper: hopefully in a year or 2 !!! :D

I love to travel, write short stories...a few of which I hope to have published one day, hanging out with friends, walking/running, shopping when I have money...not often as of late, going out to eat, taking care of my three cats, reading historical novels...I'm hopelessly addicted, and going to the beach. :)

Back
Top Bottom