interesting elevation tour article

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gickies Gageeze

Purgatory
Fan fiction scares U2 member

Ted Connors/Fox News

Kansas City - In the midst of U2's travelling juggernaut otherwise known as the Elevation Tour, drummer Larry Mullen Jr. took some time to speak with reporters outside his hotel. Aside from the usual questions brought forward, an interesting question regarding stalking was brought up.

Clearly uncomfortable, Mullen said the many fan sites dedicated are not all flattering.

"I've been surfing the net, and I've seen a fair share of sites on our band, and I think its great that so many of our fans share their love in this way," Mullen said. "But when I read about their fantasies, and their "fan fiction", I'm not going to lie, it makes me feel quite uneasy."

Stories with graphic detail, often sexually explicitly depicting the band members in compromising situations have led Larry away from the computer, and into the studio where he focuses on drumming, and has even taken up producing.

"Obviously anyone with a wife or girlfriend is going to feel sick after reading about someone wanting to "kill" their significant other, I'm no different," Mullen said. "I try not to let it get to me, and as a result I've been working on my drumming more, and have even begun working as a producer for some of the indie bands in Dublin."

Larry said he is currently working with Hair Hisma, The Franco-bones, and Synatex.

Last edited:
I don't think I've laughed this hard since your last article. :sexywink:

Melon

i figured youd appreciate it, boredchick :up:

i have a feeling ted connors will be examing this issue in depth in the near future.

im having so much fun in pleba, that i might just call you iwasbored, and never call you boredchick again!!!

:lmao:

this place is great, any way i can get a pleba email?

Gickies Gageeze said:
im having so much fun in pleba, that i might just call you iwasbored, and never call you boredchick again!!!

:lmao:

this place is great, any way i can get a pleba email?

*looks at gickies status* so pleba is your purgatory?:evil:

Boy, you really don't have anything better to do with your time, huh?

You spend more time bitching about fanfiction than me or my friends do writing it.

Regardless, your journalism skills are impressive. Good job on that.

Note: First thing to tip me off this was fake... Larry doesn't surf the Internet. Like, ever.

Last edited:
lardencelover said:
Note: First thing to tip me off this was fake... Larry doesn't surf the Internet. Like, ever.

Quite the contrary... based on circumstantial evidence presented by one "PLEBA FanFiction", Larry is quite the surfer... man-surfer that is... apparently he frequently haunts the internet caf?s with the boys, only to end up in some... shall we say, comprimising situations.

PS- Larry's Moobs are fake...

*cujo is beaten with a shoe...*

*weilds shoe*]

You're just jealous because your moobs are fake!

:evil:

I don't recall reading ANY fics taking place in an Internet cafe.

However, if anyone would like to direct me... Heh, heh...

cujo said:

Quite the contrary... based on circumstantial evidence presented by one "PLEBA FanFiction", Larry is quite the surfer... man-surfer that is... apparently he frequently haunts the internet caf?s with the boys, only to end up in some... shall we say, comprimising situations.

PS- Larry's Moobs are fake...

*cujo is beaten with a shoe...*

:lol:

and lardencelover, you did kinda of leave yourself open for this one: how do you know larry doesn't surf the internet? did you ask him?

I was wondering when someone would catch that IWasBored... Lol.

Nah, of course I didn't. He and Adam have both said that they don't surf the Internet in interviews. The only reason they likely have computers is for emailing people (probably when on the road, etc.).

Which makes sense. They don't really seem like the type, do they?

Back
Top Bottom