inside of bonos house?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
just curious has bono ever opened up the inside of his house to anyone? what kind of cars does he drive...i'm just curious, i know he has a Maseratti but i dunno what else (i once heard edge say hes not a great driver)

That guy (narrating the video) has to be one of the most boring people on the planet!:yawn: One of the drawbacks of Youtube is that anyone can post anything.

Here are a couple of pics of Bono's house. He's never done any kind of Hello magazine photo spread (as if!), but you can find occasional pictures taken by Corbijn inside the house (that don't show much of the house). By rock star standards it's quite modest. Even Britney's house is about a bejillion times bigger.

bonohouse2.jpg

bonohouse.jpg

I remember once seeing a pic of Bono in a baby's bedroom, along with a comment saying he was showing the room of one of his future sons. But considering U2's privacy when it comes to families, I still highly doubt this comment was true! :eyebrow: :lol:

In Bono's book there is a pretty good description of the house and the grounds -- especially the guest house and the famous bedroom (I think it was the bedroom) wall that everyone has signed who has stayed there but no pics.

There's a bathroom where people have signed and drawn on the walls. There is a picture of Anton Corbijn's wall drawings in his book U2 & I. I'm at work or I'd post it for you. But it is just the drawings on the wall and you can't see anything else.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

:yes: I imagine the value of the property itself has little to do with the size of the house!

It does look enticing though, com'on pack a back and lets go!!:wink: I read somewhere that he owns half of Ireland already.

I do think it is smart of him to keep the inside private...it is his home and his family. I like to leave it to the imagination as to what this inside is like.:scratch:

Last edited:
^^^Wow there is a Castle-like house above Bono's.,..I pretty much got an idea by reading U2 books..no too much furniture and not exagerated fancy.He and Ali are into "Spartan"....very humble Rock Star indeed....

I think his house in France and his apartment in New York are also described as very minimal.....

Cant wait to visit Ireland/Dublin:hyper:

Last edited:
I would love to see his house on mtv's cribs , but I don't think he would ever do a show where he would show his personal wealth .

BonoFox1 said:
^^^Wow there is a Castle-like house above Bono's.,..I pretty much got an idea by reading U2 books..no too much furniture and not exagerated fancy.He and Ali are into "Spartan"....very humble Rock Star indeed....

I think his house in France and his apartment in New York are also described as very minimal.....

Cant wait to visit Ireland/Dublin:hyper:

that castle is enya's :)

HCB, in your pci, is the house left down to Bono's Edges?

Wow. i would'nt have guessed that was his if i saw it. Doesn't really look like a typical rock star/famous person's house.

hcbiggs2002 said:

I'm not sure. All I know is that Edge lives somewhere near Bono. :shrug:

now being logical, it can't be Edge's home... since he and morleigh moved in there since their marriage I think... and I have one pic of Edge's house... and its white :)
shouse20025uq.jpg

i know edge lives basiclly next door to bono i read it in an interview somewhere carnt remeber where now:scratch:and iv read it loads of times he has a villa next door to him in france to and i think elton johns the other side:happy:

hcbiggs2002 said:
Yes Bono and Edge villas in the south of FRANCE are right next to each other but we're talking about where exactly is Edges house in Ireland! :wink:
in france their villa's are linked right?
also, need more pics of Bono's house... :angel:

mind you theres so many trees how would you see it it could be the photos just havent been taken in the right place to see it

I think Bono's house reflects who he and Ali really are. They are modest people who feel that it's not important to flash their wealth around. Have to admit Im jealous that he has the ocean right there though! lol. Would love to have a house right there on the ocean.

BonosBaby12 said:
I think Bono's house reflects who he and Ali really are. They are modest people who feel that it's not important to flash their wealth around. Have to admit Im jealous that he has the ocean right there though! lol. Would love to have a house right there on the ocean.

Yes, it's on the ocean, but on an extremely public beach. Again, not terribly "rock star" of them.

BonosBaby12 said:

It may look idilic but you have to remember that that's the Irish sea there, which has been polluted by Sellafield! I certainly wouldn't swim in it!! :uhoh:

hcbiggs2002 said:

It may look idilic but you have to remember that that's the Irish sea there, which has been polluted by Sellafield! I certainly wouldn't swim in it!! :uhoh:

I live near the Atlantic Ocean and Im not even brave enough to swim in it :shifty: Amazing what the waves will wash up on the beach sometimes! Just love being near a beach so that I can go go there and just relax. That's what I what I meant about being jealous of Bono. Though he's not really allowed this luxury since the beach there is so public.

Last edited:
Wasn't it Gavin that signed the "crack"? I forget too but I have seen the picture. Back at work again here... don't have access to my books!

Back
Top Bottom