In The Name Of Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hi PLEBA!

On Sunday, 4 April, it will be the 36th anniversary og the passing from this earth in human form of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.:heart:

As we all know the importance that Dr. King has had in Bono's personal and songwriting life (Pride), I want to offer a unique tribute to that special day. :yes:

When Bono received the King's Center Humanitarian of the Year Award in January (which I had the honor to witness), Bono talked about "a Balm in Gilead". I offer the words to this African-American Spiritual to remember Dr. King's Legacy and to thank Bono for taking us a step closer up to the Mountaintop on our mutual Journey of Equality.:bono: :angel:

There is a balm in Gilead to make the wounded whole.
There is a balm in Gilead to heal the sin-sick soul.

Sometimes I feel discouraged and think my work's in vain,
but then the Holy Spirit revives my soul again.

Don't ever feel discouraged for Jesus is your friend,
And if you lack for knowledge, he'll not refuse to lend.

If you cannot preach like Peter, if you cannot pray like Paul,
you can tell the Love of Jesus and say "He died for all".

With much Love and Respect for Dr. King and Bono. :bono: :hug: :heart: :heart:

Good idea Jamila :) Does anyone have the pic of him putting flowers on the grave last year?

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed - we hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal

This will be the day, this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning "My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the Pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring!"

And when this happens, when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every tenement and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty, we are free at last."

When Dr. King spoke about having a dream, he wasn't just talking about an American dream. It can be an African dream, an Irish dream,'' Bono

At one point Dr. King was in jail in my hometown of Birmingham, Alabama. The people running the city at the time were vicious awful f:censored:g racists. I *think* I have the pic of Bono putting flowers on Dr. King's grave, I have to check.
*goes to look at Snapfish account*

Here it is.

33%3A42%3C2%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2329%3D935%3D%3B6%3B%3DXROQDF%3E23234978%3A%3C7%3A8ot1lsi

Early morning, April 4th
Shot rings out in the Memphis sky
Free at last, they took your life
They could not take your pride

Back
Top Bottom