In Germany (13-06)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anjarw

Acrobat
well not so much a meeting as a sighting really..

but we got to say hello to adam, edge and larry when they left the tv total studios (german tv show), to drive to the airport.

as we didn't have tickets to get inside the studios we waited outside and speculated about which exit they would take (as there is more then one unfortunately). i decided to stay where most fans at that point where waiting, there was a lattice in front of us, but i thought it was most possible they would stop where lots of fans would wait. my two friends decided to wait at the exit to the street with 6 other people. after waiting quite some time lots of people joined us, the show was over and most of the audience wanted to get autographs as well, so when the guys actually came out there were at least more than 60 people waiting.

first came larry, and drove off, i didn't even see that it was him who was in the car but other people had noticed it. then adam drove up and told his driver to stop so he could get out and give autographs. you can see the rest in the video really. after that edge came out and came right up to a girl right next to me. i made quite a few photos, don't have them develloped yet though, will post them as soon as i have them. when he made his way to me i just held a light-green paper through the lattice (i didn't come very prepared so that was the only thing i had lol). he had a white sharpie in his hand at that point, and just looked at me and said "mmh, this may not work"..then wrote his name on it and grinned at me "oh it does" :yes: a girl behind me wanted to give him some red roses, but he just said he couldn't take them as he was still giving autographs.

while adam and edge were giving autographs i noticed a car coming up, but it drove away quite quickly so i suppose bono was in it, nobody really knew. they gave autographs for at least 10 minutes and then left.

my two friends were so lucky to get larry's autographs, as he stopped at the exit to the street. he didn't leave his car but one of the guys waiting gave him his hand and larry just said "relax" because he was so nervous, that he was really shaking hehe. adam also stopped there shortly. nobody really saw bono leaving though, we don't know how he left or if we just didn't notice him.

so here are the pictures my friends took of larry:

larry1.jpg

larry2.jpg

and here is a video of adam and edge giving autographs, someone from u2tour.de made it, i just converted it, thanks to him again, i even found myself on there lol

http://s8. you send it.com/d.aspx?id=2LAP1R613D0NM24TA0JWPPH9H9

apparantly bono and adam also gave autographs at the hyatt in cologne earlier that day, we went there just about an hour too late, ah well :(

kellyahern said:
Very cool!

Congratulations :hug:

I wish that guy wouldn't yell though :lol: "Edge, come here please!"

there was lots of yelling..one girl next to me just screamed "i want bono" when edge was right on front of her..thought that was a bit disrespectful :|

Very cool to see Larry interacting more with the fans.

Thanks for your report. :wink:

anjarw said:
there was lots of yelling..one girl next to me just screamed "i want bono" when edge was right on front of her..thought that was a bit disrespectful :|

There’s always someone fool enough to do something like that. I’m sorry you didn’t get to meet Bono this time. You do have a nice story though. Congratulations and thank you for sharing.

there are a few photos up on u2tour.de now:

when adam and bono left the hotel to go to the studios

adam1.jpg

adam2.jpg

adam3.jpg

adam4.jpg

adam5.jpg

adam6.jpg

adam7.jpg

adam8.jpg

OMG!!! Those are awsome photos anjarw!! Larry looks SOOOOO tired though. Looks like he might need some rest for that right hand too. :( I think this tour must be taking a toll on him. Adam looks great, and Bono...well, Bono kind of always looks tired...but in a sexy kinda way. I guess I'd be tired too if I were globetrotting like them:wink:

And thanks for the link to the video. It was great. That one guy was bit irritating though "Adam, come here, please"...over and over. Polite, but irritating.

Can someone PLEASE repost the video? I haven't seen this before. Or at least tell me where to look at u2tour.de. I don't understand german that well.

Back
Top Bottom